Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout I GOTS THE PEN [ Art Freebies & Small Talk]

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:12:00 )
• v •
@Juneberry: I didn't know it was a real fruit! Wow, fancy that. I love the aesthetic of quill pens but I mostly collect gel pens, markers and pencils.. I love loved making notes for school. But oh! A writer eh? I'm curious too, what do you write?

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:12:00 )
@Dowan: I'd be happy to share with you! I'd like to see yours too. I love sharing with others <3 Are you in any writing groups? They're mighty helpful!
For what to show you... Would you rather see poems I've got handy, the mag I publish on or my fanfic? I can do other stuff just figured I'd start with options like that xD I wrote a villanelle (though slightly altered the format) yesterday for my novel for Camp NaNo and it's honestly amazing to me that it came out well.

@Mica: I rather like your name myself. And yep! They have a few other names, like serviceberries. They grow in summer around my area. And I've never used my quill >w< I mostly use regular ballpoint pens, pencils that are entertaining, my gel pens lately... etc. I liked school too for notes~

I write a variety of stuff. Fiction, poetry, sometimes articles about writing styles and stuff for work...etc.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:22:07 )
o v o

@Juneberry: Ah, no, I'm not in any groups. And sure, I'll show you mine. I have a shop here which is relatively buried with a few examples.
I'd love to see the mag you publish. ;o

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:22:55 )
@Dowan: I have to reread the rules for showing sites like that first.
And oooh a shop. I should make a writing shop too. That'd be smart...
But I'm lazy today. xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:25:52 )
o v o

@Juneberry: Haha, I was pleasantly surprised by the reception. It's a good way to make volts or get any rare items you may have missed.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:26:49 )
@Dowan: The reception? I think I missed something. xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:28:14 )
o v o

Ah, I got customers when I didn't expect many. It was more positively received than I had imagined. C;

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:29:17 )
@Dowan: Ah okay, gotcha! Can I see it sometime? Help me find it later. So I can use it for ideas for mine... and because I'm curious.
Also I swore the reception was a pun xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:31:20 )
o v o

Here you are.

Haha, I wish I was good at making puns on demand. Sort of a guilty pleasure.

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:32:10 )
@Dowan: So it was just a pleasant surprise as a pun? 'Cause y'know... reception, electrical conductivity... xD

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:33:54 )
o v o

Indeed, you could reason it as such. I can't compete with you at puns. ;o

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 21:36:50 )
@Dowan: Why should we compete? We should enjoy the puns equally, not as rivals! >:c
Also your shop is so pretty. I kinda wanna use it as a basis for myself (obviously adjusting things like what I write/names/etc, but... just as a guideline).
I feel wrong xD Also did you make the graphics yourself? o3o

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 22:26:16 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Juneberry: Aww, thanks! Wow, we don't get any berries here, maybe strawberries but they're only grown in the provinces! I really love my markers but they're super expensive, the blending is really nice though... but yes, PENS ARE AWESOME!

I wanna see some Poems! :o I like poems.

Sorry, I dozed off @_@; I might pass out soon. Feel free to post some refs if you're interested!

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 22:27:46 )
@Mica: Wanna see the villanelle I wrote last night for my novel then? I can probs just put it here. Or make a thread somewhere. Iunno what to do yet honestly xD What markers are they that they're so expensive? I have some expensive-ish colored pencils I got as a handmedown from a close friend whose an art student xD And where are you anyway? Provinces make me curious.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 22:33:18 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Juneberry: Sure! I don't mind! This is just basically a hangout.

I got some of my mom's friend to grab me some copic markers so they aren't -as- expensive. But they're still pretty painful, I think normally 6$ per marker. I live innn the Philippines, so I got dem tropical life. Which brand are they?! I got some beginner ones since I don't use them that much, it wouldn't be a great investment plus art supplies kind of add up...

Voltie — She/It Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 22:38:16 )
@Mica: Faber Castelle I think is what mine are called? I've heard of copic- those are very hardcore and expensive to me, so I can't afford them. Only sen them in pictures and at friend's house. xD My dad bought me another thing of art supplies for my birthday. I haven't gotten it yet but it's coming from Amazon. I forget the details though.

Here's that poem. It's a villanelle, but I altered the method at the end. I use spoilers because why not (assuming I do it right)
‘Oh child, why did I bring you here?’
This world is already at its end
For the world is filled with fear.

I feel waves of darkness creeping near,
And so my voice, with a shout, I send-
‘Oh child, why did I bring you here?’

The evil I sense is of another tier
I can feel chaos around the bend,

When I learned of you, I let out a cheer
But that cheer I now append-
“‘Oh child, why did I bring you here?’

If only a light would soon appear!
But in this world, you must defend,

The shadows are growing year by year,
But surely the light will be your friend.
‘Oh child, why have I brought you here?’
To this world that’s filled with fear…

It's from the viewpoint of a character, mind you. And foreboding foreshadowing fun.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 23:06:06 )
• v •
@Juneberry: Oh my mom likes that brand! It blends pretty well in my experience! Yeah the markers are super nice but.. gosh they ain't cheap.

I actually really like that poem... it gives me the story and enough curiosity to wonder what's going on. Also, rhymes feel nice and not forced. :vanora_heart:

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 23:12:24 )
@Juneberry: That is a really good poem! I love it! It tells a story and the verses are very well set up. I understand what you mean about the ending. It has a little too many words but I can see why it was necessary to tell the story. I like the dark tone too. Reminds me of Poe.

Always ping me please.

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 04:39:08 )
&bull; v &bull;
@Cookie: ey
@Ghost: yo

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — squid Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 04:45:13 )
@Mica: /flings self at
Just your friendly neighbourhood Goddess.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.