Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Blood in Roses

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/24 22:04:04 )
Allen stood quietly listening, and keeping his rising anger behind a calm and collected mask. Vampires were monsters for drinking the blood of humans, not all of them did so though. Yet, they were all clumped together as monsters. What do you call a human that abuses their own, and continued to watch from the sidelines, as their victim suffers in silence? He'd call them monsters. A cruel and heartless beast.. When Kaneko suddenly hugged him, his thoughts dispersed.

When she let go, and wishes him a good night, he gently took hold of her hand. "Everyone needs to vent at some point." He said, his face formed in a rare expression of seriousness. He wasn't frowning, and he didn't seem angry.. But he was making a point, he wouldn't leave her to deal with her father. The man was unhappy when his daughter pressed to allow a male friend to stay here, and she was suffering from neglected. Why would he leave her, to grant a chance of that man upsetting her more? He wouldn't.

Allen offered her a small smile, seemly forced. "Miss Kaneko, I'd like to thank your father for allowing me to stay tonight. Is it alright if I stay here?" He voiced calmly, hoping she would understand the true reason why he wanted to be present.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 00:52:43 )
When he took hold of her hand, Kaneko gave him a small smile. Vent, yes she did need to vent at times, it was just difficult when she had no one. She'd just go to her room and vent into the mirror or write down her frustrations in a journal. His face wore a serious expression, it was not something she thought she'd ever see for he looked to be very kind. How would her father react to actually seeing him here? With his daughter, alone? He'd flip but Kaneko would try to keep him calm. If she finally had a friend, she didn't want her father to scare him away.

Allen asked if she would be okay with him staying to personally thank her father for letting him stay. She thought she knew why he wanted to do this, but she wasn't too sure. "W-well..." She started. She was scared because she wasn't sure how this encounter would unfold. "You may stay if you'd like. I don't have a problem with it." Kaneko answered. The front door slowly opened. "Kaneko?" A man's tired voice called out. "Give me one second." Kaneko whispered to Allen, walking to the stove and heating up the left over stew for her father. "In the kitchen dad." She answered. The front door closed and soon after, an older man entered the kitchen, his eyes immediately spotted the male in the kitchen.

"This your friend?" He asked his daughter, his eyes watching the male closely. Kaneko nodded, serving her father the stew once it was hot. She walked to the table, setting the bowl down along with the spoon and a napkin. "Want anything to drink?" she asked him. "No thank-you. So you met him in the park huh?" Her father asked and Kaneko looked at her father. "I did, but go on and eat your dinner dad before it gets cold. He does want to tell you something though." She said softly and walked back to where Allen stood. "He's eating, so you should be fine." she whispered to him. "Well? What is it?" Kaneko's father asked Allen.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 02:36:39 )
Allen was content with her answer, allowing him the pleasure of meeting her father. He nodded lightly as Kaneko for a second, and waited patiently, standing where he was. After the man had entered the house, he listened to the heavy footsteps that approached the kitchen, and he suddenly felt sick. Allen brought a hand up to his head and over the bandage around his eyes. This scent.. Allen knew it, but from where? Why did it nearly send him into shock?

He heard him speak, but remained quiet as he slowly calmed down. Allen waited for Kaneko to stand near her, and whisper in his ear that it was alright now. He could feel the man staring at him, even if he wasn't. He couldn't tell since he couldn't see. Allen slowly stepped forward. "My name is Allen, I wanted to personally thank you for allowing me in your home.. Sir." Allen spoke calmly to the man.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 03:02:05 )
The air around them was tense, it felt that way to Kaneko who was watching from where she stood. Her eyes on her father, worry clear on her face. "Allen?" Her father repeated and set his spoon down on the napkin, watching Allen. Why did that name sound familiar. "Funny, I used to know someone with that same name. This was years ago though." He said and let out a heavy sigh, the man was obviously tired. "Well...I wasn't going to. However, my princess here twisted my arm. You're welcome though. I hope you find it comfortable here. I take it that sleeping arrangements have already been made?" He asked his daughter who nodded nervously. "Of course. Allen will be sleeping in my room. I will sleep on the couch and there is nothing you can do or say that will make me change my mind. So he can stay, right dad?" She asked. Her father could easily change his mind, but she was hopeful that he wouldn't. "Please?"

The older man rolled his eyes at his daughter's begging. "I already agreed to it didn't I?" He muttered, his tired eyes landed on Allen again and he now noticed the bandage around his eyes. He was...blind? Wait...was this the same Allen from years ago? No, no it couldn't be. Could it? He was supposed to have died, why was he still here? He was getting ahead of himself, it probably wasn't the same person. No way. "Oh thank-you dad!" Kaneko laughed and gave her father a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek only to be shooed off. "Alright, alright. Enough of that. You're both probably tired. Get some sleep, the both of you. I'll head to bed once I'm finished here." Her father instructed and Kaneko shrunk back but nodded. "Alright then." She quickly made sure the front door was locked then walked to where Allen stood and took his hand, to which her father cleared his throat. Kaneko sighed and let go of Allen's hand. Her father was getting way ahead of himself. "Come along Allen, I'll walk you to your room." She said quietly.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 03:44:47 )
Allen tensed as the man began to speak. How many years had passed since then? He had lost track of time, in his darkness. He stood perfectly still as the man spoke, every word making his stomach churn. This feeling, was slowly over whelming him. The feeling of being hunted all over again.. His scent would be the one thing he would never forget, his subconscious saw to that. The scent of the man who took his sight, but didn't kill him.

Despite the warfare, once the man wished them goodnight, Allen placed a hand over his heart and bowed politely before making his way to Kaneko's bedroom. He could smell her nearby, so he knew she was in fact walking him to the room. Allen stopped shortly before reaching her room, and bit the inside of his cheek, feeling the tip of his fangs a little. His eyes were starting up, catching him off guard. He thought he'd have enough time, so at least Kaneko wouldn't see! Allen lowered his head some and placed a hand over the bandages that covered his eyes.

"Forgive me, Kaneko.. I might've overestimated myself..." He said quietly. Allen practically forced himself to keep walking, until he felt the serenity he had felt from being in her room.. This was bad, bad, bad! Instead of sitting on the bed, he sat down on the floor, right in front of her bed, and it seemed like he fell more than simply sitting.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 04:18:24 )
Kaneko walked in silence. She was glad her father didn't straight up yell or cause a scene, but it was clear to her that he wasn't too happy about this whole thing with Allen sleeping over. It was just for one night. Why did he have to be so...territorial? "Overestimated yourself?" Kaneko repeated. She wasn't sure what Allen meant by that. Should she be worried? "What do you mean Allen? Why do you say that?" she asked him. When the two of them reached her room, she stood at the entrance, letting him walk into her room.

However, what happened next she was not expecting and it was then that she knew something was wrong. He had fallen to sit on the floor instead. Kaneko ran into her room and knelt down beside him, placing one of her hands on his shoulders. "Allen! Allen what's wrong?" She asked, panic starting to set in. She'd call her father for help but that wasn't a good idea especially since he wasn't too happy at the moment. "Allen, would you like me to get you something? Something to drink? I...I can make you something small to eat if you're light headed." The wheels in her head started to slowly creak and turn. Could this possibly be pain from his eyes that he was feeling? "Do you need your remedy?" she asked, her voice now lowered.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 04:49:34 )
Allen sat quietly, having heard the panic in Kaneko's voice. He knew she was right by him, he could smell her, and hear her. Although, most of her voice was being drowned out. He kept his head lowered, to somewhat help with any pressure. "Kaneko, you have to calm down..panic won't help either of us." He spoke quietly, pushing back the pain as much as he could, which was only enough to speak normally, somewhat. Hopefully she wouldn't hear the restraint in his voice.

Allen took hold of her hand when she mentioned his remedy, as an instinct really. "Don't even think about it... I'll be alright without it, I just need a minute.." He said to her quietly. It wasn't safe to be out this late, and she had no idea where he lived!

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 05:38:40 )
"Okay, okay. Right, no panicking. Got it. Okay, I can do that." Kaneko said to herself. She did her best to calm herself down, slowing down her breathing to a relaxed speed. Counting in her head, holding her breath, and exhaling to the count in her head. Something she learned to do when she started meditation. She had stopped meditating a few years ago, but she still remembered the technique she used to relax her body and her mind. Once she had relaxed, she looked at him and lightly squeezed his hand.

"It's okay Allen. If you say you'll be fine, I believe you. I won't go anywhere until you ask me to, alright?" Kaneko didn't want to just leave his side right now, not when he was feeling so much pain. He sounded so pained, as if he was fighting back the urge to scream out from the pain.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 19:46:59 )
The hand that wasn't holding Kaneko's hand balled into a right fist, as to not hurt her. At least she was calming down, he seemed to be doing the opposite, even if he wasn't panicking. Allen had been alone for at least twelve years.. Now, he had someone willing to stand next to him. He focused on her scent, the sweet serenity it brought him.

Slowly, he seemed to start calming down. His balled hand began to relax and his head hung some. He let go of Kaneko's hand and just sat there quietly. After a moment, he slowly lifted his head, still in pain but at least now it was more-so tolerable. "I'm alright..mostly.. Go on and get some sleep.." He said quietly. "Thank you, for staying.." Allen murmured. He still sounded miserable, but part of that was to be expected after dealing with that so suddenly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 20:08:53 )
Kaneko wasn't sure it would be wise to leave. Even though he said he was okay, he dind't sound it. Though, no one sounded okay after experiencing any sort of pain. Maybe some alone time was what he needed? Whenever she felt upset or just not okay, she liked to retreat to her room and just take some time to feel better. Sometimes being alone wasn't always a bad thing.

Her hands now rested on her lap as she sat back on her heels and looked at Allen. He was dismissing her, she did say she'd leave if he asked her to, and he was asking her to right now. "Allen...are you sure you want me to go?" She asked and glanced over at her door then looked back at him. She could hear the sink running which meant her father had finished his dinner and was washing the dishes for her. How nice. "I can stay if you want me to, but if you really want me to go, I will." No use staying if he wanted to be alone. She knew it must be annoying, being asked all these questions. She just wanted to make sure it really was what he wanted.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 20:50:17 )
In the silence, Allen was retreating within himself. He was used to doing this after so long, and it helped when he didn't have his remedy. But it only helped so much.. Her sudden question caught him off guard some. She was asking..if he wanted her to go.. If he really wanted to be left alone. He bit his lip and slowly leaned towards her until his head was resting against her lightly. They had only a few times and yet, he thought the world of her.

Perhaps that was the outcome of being alone for so long.. Even being a vampire, he wasn't solitary. He didn't stay hidden within his manor. Allen couldn't think to say anything.. But clearly, he really didn't want to be alone. Not right now. "You smell nice.." Allen said quietly, maybe she'd let him stay like this, just for a minute..

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 21:11:22 )
The silence was uncomfortable, but in it she was able to think about other things that were on her mind. In the kitchen, The sink had stopped and her father's footsteps were heard coming down the hall. She only hoped he wouldn't do anything foolish. By sheer luck, her father stopped outside her room but continued on and she heard his door close. He was going to bed, they were safe. The house was drowned in darkness as the lights were off now, and it fell silent. The entire neighborhood was sleeping now, just as she knew they had to.

'No work tomorrow. Call in sick or something. Work on laundry.' She thought to herself. His compliment brought a smile to her face, "Thank-you." She whispered quietly. Kaneko did not move, not wanting to disturb Allen. He needed someone here with him. Even if he had said he was fine, he clearly still wanted her to stay even if it was just for a short while. Her hand nervously made its way to his hair, her fingers lightly running through it. It was something she knew could help anyone relax. It was one of her favorite memories from her mother.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/25 23:32:59 )
Allen ignored the silence around them after hearing a door close. Had her father gone to bed? He wondered as he rested against Kaneko. Now, it was just them. He didn't have to worry about her father making a fuss, not that he was worried to began with. He did notice when he felt fingers lightly run through his hair, but the feeling was comforting, so he didn't move or complain.

"Twelve years is a long time to be alone.. You suddenly showed up in my life, offering me kindness and comfort.. Forgive me if my actions seem bold, right now all I have is you.." Allen spoke softly, his voice evening out as his body relaxed. After a few moments of speaking, he seemed to have fallen asleep on her but he was still very much awake, mostly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 00:07:44 )
Twelve years? Yes that was a long time. Especially to just be alone. He must have been incredibly lonely all that time, how could anyone be alone that long and not go mad? She wasn't exactly alone since she had her father but she still felt alone. However Allen had it worse. "Twelve years is a long time. I'm sorry you had to endure it for so long, but now you have me and well..I promise to always be here for you if you ever need anything." Kaneko whispered. She hoped this wouldn't be the last time she saw him, she enjoyed his company. He was very interesting. He was so well mannered, and the way he spoke was unlike anything she had heard before. People here were polite, but his form of politeness was different.

Kaneko wasn't sure what he meant by 'bold'. She didn't think he was behaving in a bold way at all, unless she was oblivious to the obvious signs which was probably the case. Kindness and comfort, yes. She had shown up and offered him that, hadn't she? Something she normally wouldn't offer anyone out of fear. However, there was something about him that had drawn her to him from the very first encounter even though it was merely coincidental. "You are perfectly fine Allen, you don't need to worry about anything. Just relax, I'll be right here with you." Kaneko's voice was barely above a whisper. She was keeping quiet her fingers running through Allen's hair, not wanting to wake her father if he had gone to bed. He was in a somewhat okay mood and she didn't want to give him reason to get angry. His body relaxed, and she was glad to see he was starting to calm down from the scare he had just a moment ago.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 00:37:08 )
A small smile crept onto his face as she started speaking, he was a tad confused on why she was apologizing. However, it brought ease to his mind as she spoke about her promising to always be there for him, and pain. Like reality had smacked him in the face. If her father truly was the man who tried to kill him, it would explain why he was never home. The man was provably looking for him, or others like him, which meant that he was putting Kaneko in a greater risk.

Could he continue to see her? Hearing her whispers, he couldn't stop worrying. She had no idea..and he couldn't tell her. She continued to pet his hair and soon he found himself slowly sitting up. "I think I'm alright now..truthfully." He said softly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 01:35:57 )
Kaneko looked at him once he sat up. "Well...alright then. If you need anything I'll be in the living room. I hope you have pleasant dreams Allen. Goodnight." She said quietly and stood up. However, she didn't leave right away. She opened her drawers, taking out a clean change of pajamas since she planned on showering before sleeping. When she had what she needed, she closed the drawers and looked at Allen. "I'll be leaving now. Goodnight Allen." She said again and bowed her head in his direction before quietly making her way out of the room, making sure to close the door behind her.

She hadn't wanted to leave, but if he needed anything he'd look for her right? She just had to make sure her shower was quick, not wanting to be in mid shower when Allen needed her for something. Kaneko walked into the hallway bathroom and locked the door behind her. She prepared the shower and made sure that she didn't take too long. Besides, she was tired and all she wanted to do now was sleep. After her shower and after she had gotten dressed in her pajamas, Kaneko stepped out of the bathroom after making sure she wasn't forgetting anything. She turned off the lights, and closed the door then made her way to the laundry room where she tossed the laundry into the basket.

yawning, Kaneko made her way back to the living room and lay down on the couch, staring at the ceiling. Silence surrounded her and for a moment her drowsiness had escaped her, but eventually it returned and she drifted off to sleep.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 02:03:59 )
Allen sat there for a moment, after hearing her goodnight, and listened as she walked around the room and opened a drawer- probably to get some clothes out of her drawer, then said goodnight again. "Night.." He said quietly as she left the room, and he heard the door close. Allen sighed quietly once he knew he was alone in the room, before proceeding to grab the side of the bed and slowly stood. He laid down on the bed with his back to the mattress, not bothering to cover up with the blanket, and listened to the sound of her footsteps. He could hear the shower turn on by the sound of running water. A specific sound, different from when someone turned on a sink. As he listened, the sound faded as his consciousness slipped away into a black sleep. He felt so at peace, laying here on her bed, in her room. Nothing like when he was home.

He'd wake at dawn, just before the sun started to rise, jolting up right and holding his head and damp with cold sweat. Even here, he still had the same unforgiving nightmare.. Only now he also had a dulled pain from the night before, not having taken his remedy. His plan was to leave before anyone had woke, but he wasn't sure if anyone was awake, or not.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 02:47:49 )
It was dawn, the house was quiet. The trees rustled outside and in the house, the phone suddenly rang. This made Kaneko stir in her sleep. She didn't want to get up and answer it. Whoever it was would have to call back at a later time. Eventually, the phone stopped and all was silent again. It was way too early, no one was awake. Not in the house anyway. Around them, a few people headed out and got in their cars. They were heading off to work and if it was a week day, kids would be going off to school in a few hours as well. Kaneko slept some more, or she tried to anyway. The ringing of the phone was still in her ears, it was annoying ad made her groan. Opening her eyed, she glared at the silent phone and sleepily sat up on the couch, yawning tiredly. It was days like these where she was glad she wasn't going to school anymore. Deciding to keep herself busy, she got up and left to the laundry room which was further down the hall.

She walked inside and closed the door behind her then started up the washing machine. As it filled with water, she busied herself in sorting the clothes before tossing in the colors first. Her uniform went in that bunch. It was usually the biggest bunch but that was fine, it would keep her on her toes for a few minutes. Breakfast sounded good right now, but it was too early to eat anything. Her father was still sleeping. He had set his alarm she was sure so she didn't have to worry about waking him up any time soon.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 03:02:29 )
Allen leaned his head back some, the sound of the phone not really reaching him. It sounded more muffled. Possibly due to being down the hall. As he calmed down from the dream, he became more aware of the pain he was in but tried to brush it off. He had scared Kaneko last night, why would he do it again? He slowly started to ease off of the bed, when he heard footsteps, and by the way there being carried he could tell it was Kaneko. She was awake and on the move.

He sighed quietly as he stood and went to walk out of the room, momentarily forgetting that the door was closed. So he ended up walking into it without thinking. The door rattled slightly and he grunted, taking a step back and putting a hand on his head. "Right.." Allen murmured quietly. He opened the door and quietly wandered into the living room to sit on the couch, finding his way no problem and sat down on the couch easily.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 03:11:58 )
Kaneko had heard something and a soft gasp escaped her lips. She looked towards the door of the room and quickly closed the lid on the machine before tentatively opening the door and sticking her head out into the hall. "H-hello?" she called out quietly. Nothing. Nervously, Kaneko stepped out of the laundry room and closed the door behind her before slowly making her way down the hall. He bedroom door was open, was that what she had heard? Looking inside, Allen was not there. He was awake and had probably left. He probably didn't want to get her in trouble or wake her. How sweet. "Allen?" she called out and walked further down the hall. Then she saw him, the back of his head as he sat on the couch. "Oh, y-you're still here." Kaneko yawned again but smiled. she was happy that he had not just left without saying anything. "Good morning Allen, I hope you slept well." She said. Her bare feet led her to the couch and she sat on the other end, some space between them in case he wanted it.

"Would you like anything?" She asked him quietly. Yes it was early but if he was hungry she wouldn't mind making him some breakfast. Granted, her father was in charge of breakfast. However, who knew when her father would wake up since he had arrived really late last night. Maybe he dind't even set his alarm. Maybe he was planning on sleeping in today which meant breakfast was her duty for the day too. Not that she minded. It wasn't like she'd be going to work today anyway. It was a little chilly, but she didn't mind. It would get warmer later in the day.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.