Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Blood in Roses

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 19:41:38 )
(Sure! :) )

Allen continued to wander around aimlessly. He bumped into a few people, and of course apologized, even if he wasn't entirely to blame. He was blind for pete's sake! How could he know how close to someone he was? Sure, he could hear them and smell them, but all of the different sounds and scents still had him in a loop of confusion. One scent he recognized though, almost immediately and it put his mind at ease some. The girl he had talked to last night was nearby, how close, he couldn't tell.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 20:02:44 )
Kaneko hugged herself, rubbing her arms lightly to keep them warm. Yes, a thin sweater would have been nice. Or a plain cardigan, but she didn't even have one of those. She never thought she'd need one. The streets were somewhat crowded. People heading to work, others just taking a walk with friends. Some people just visiting a neighbor. The many talking voices meshing into one low buzz. That always impressed her how it would mesh into nothing after a while. As Kaneko continued to make her way to work, she looked down at the time on her phone and bumped into someone. "Oh, s-sorry!" Looking up, her eyes widened when she saw who it was. The same man from last night. For a moment, she didn't say anything. It was as if her voice had vanished. "H-hi. Umm..s-sorry are you okay?" she asked him nervously. Who was he? And what was he doing here? Was he on his way to see someone?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 20:28:42 )
Allen tried his best to tune out the overlapping voices, and somewhat overwhelming scents. It was beginning to get to him. He felt like he was walking through an endless abyss. He was so lost in his personal abyss, that he realized he bumped into someone again. She had apologized though, and it then he realized it was woman from last night.

He offered her a small smile. "Morning miss, no harm done." Allen said calmly, despite how shaken up he was getting. He just wanted to go home, but now he didn't way ho!e was. He hesitated before speaking again, but who else was around to listen? "Forgive me, I seem to have gotten lost.. Can you help me?" Allen voiced cautiously.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 21:10:29 )
Kaneko bowed her head, "Good morning to you too stranger." She smiled. People walked past them, any cat calls were ignored. She was just glad her father was not around right now, she really didn't want to break up a silly fight. He was polite, just as she had remembered him. Still, what was he doing here? He seemed to have ready her mind because now he told her he had gotten lost and asked for her help. "Oh, of course. I'll be happy to help you. Are you looking for something or someone?" She asked. It made sense he was lost, he couldn't see and it broke her heart to see him struggling. Why didn't someone join him on his walks? Did he not have friends or family?

She knew she needed to go to work, but helping him was her biggest concern right now. Kaneko would never forgive herself if something happened because she was too busy to help him out. Kindness was its own reward.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 22:59:31 )
Allen was carefully about choosing his words, as he thought over question for a moment. He was looking for a way home.. How could he explain that he just wandered outside? Simple, you don't. Allen rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. "I was actually searching for the park, my feet seem to know where to go from there." He explained as simply as possible. He made it home from there last night, so maybe this woman would understand. He only hoped.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 23:31:00 )
The park? Well he was pretty far from it right now, but she could take him there. It would be no problem. "The park huh? I can take you there. Come with me." She said and took hold of his hand so that she wouldn't lose him. She hoped he didn't mind. Her phone buzzed, but it being in her purse, Kaneko didn't even feel it. "Excuse us." She would say as she weaved her way in between people who were standing around and conversing. "It's a very nice day today to spend in the park. I would spend the day at the park too if I could." She said quietly.

It would be a somewhat long walk to the park, so she thought it would be nice to try to talk to pass the time. Of course, if he didn't want to talk then she was okay with that as well. "My name is Kaneko by the way. It's nice to meet you." Maybe she was being foolish for telling him her name, but it was the polite thing to do wasn't it?

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 23:46:43 )
Allen simply nodded lightly and followed her, as she held his hand. It was a nice feeling really. He kept his head down as they walked, as more of an attempt to hide his bandage from any curious lookers. He knew there would always be some. Allen heard the light vibrating, but chose to ignore it since he didn't know the source of it. Maybe she had a phone on her? He had held one before, but he hadn't ever used one. Why would he?

When she spoke, he raised his head a bit. She had somewhere else to be? "Oh, I'm sorry.. I hadn't realized." He said quietly, lowering his head. He had troubled her into helping him, and now she wasn't able to do whatever it was she had plans for. "My name is Allen, likewise miss Kaneko."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/18 23:59:10 )
Kaneko quickly shook her head, "Oh no, it's quite alright really. I don't mind helping you, I'm always happy to help people who need it. Besides, I'll just put in extra hours and I'll be fine." She explained. He probably felt like he was a burden to her now even though that was not the case at all. Allen, she'd have to remember that. Her foot kicked a small pebble off onto the street as she led Allen towards the park and away from the crowds. You could really feel the difference when you were there; everything was quiet. Peaceful. No one was bumping into you, there wasn't a buzz of continuous chatter around you. It was all just silence except for the rustling of the leaves.

As much as she wanted to learn about him, she knew it would seem rude if she just started asking questions. She did so much as to take him to the bench where he had been last night and let go of his hand. "Here we are, the park." She informed and was silent for a moment. "I..is there anything else I can help you with, sir Allen?" Kaneko asked after a short while.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 00:58:24 )
Allen took her words to heart, and smirked ever so lightly. Clearly she had made him feel better. Slowly, his mind began to clear as the overlapping voices of chatter quieted, and he could smell flowers and leaves in the air. They were coming to the park, and he hadn't said much more as his nerves calmed. When she let go, he reached for the bench and sat down where he had last night. He could tell, this was exactly where he sat last night.

Allen chuckled lightly after hearing sir Allen. No one had called him that in quite some time. Not since he came home to an empty manor. He shook his head lightly. Any request he had now would seem silly, probably. But, he would've liked to meet her again sometime. Not wandering around aimlessly though.. "No, thank you miss Kaneko. I'll be alright." He said calmly, offering her a smile.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 01:16:52 )
The park was alone at the moment, it made sense. People were at work and children were in school. If you were too young for school then you were at home probably having breakfast with your parent. Kaneko sometimes missed being a child with no care or worries in the world. A time where she was able to do whatever she wanted without feeling like she was a disappointment. Kaneko tucked some hair behind her ear and watched Allen take his seat on the bench. She felt terrible having to leave him alone though.

Kaneko nodded. If he said he would be alright, then she'd have to believe him. "I understand. Well then, you're welcome. I will get going now. Maybe we'll meet again sometime...maybe." Why was she so nervous? Probably because she was talking to a stranger. A kind stranger though. It would be nice to talk to him again someday though, but she still believed that the chances of seeing him again were slim. She hadn't seen him before until just last night. "Take care sir Allen, goodbye." She gave him a quick bow and turned away, making her way out of the park and towards her workplace, occasionally glancing back at Allen to make sure he really was okay.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 01:41:19 )
Allen hadn't heard anything for a short while, so he was starting to think Kaneko had left. But he could still smell her scent close by, so maybe she hadn't left yet.. Being blind sometimes tricked your senses, but he managed to keep it controlled most of the time. He lifted his head a little when she did speak, and nodded to her lightly as she said goodbye. It would be wonderful to meet again, but what were the chances?

He listened for her footsteps, waiting briefly before slowly standing. Allen moved his head in a few directions, as one would when looking around, only he was listening to the wind in the trees. He began to walk in one set direction, sticking to the cooler spots, most saw as shade. Allen wasn't in any real hurry, so he walked with ease as he began to leave the park and headed home.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 01:56:34 )
It was a long tiring walk to the diner, and when she clocked in it didn't look good. She was late, just as she thought she'd be. What was she supposed to do? Just ignore Allen's request? Her father probably would have if he was in a rush. But, her father was a good man even though it didn't look like it. "Sorry I'm late, stuff happened. I'll work extra hours." She told her supervisor. Reaching into her phone as she walked into the back room, she noticed she had a missed call from her father. He was probably upset now. Quickly, she sent him a text telling him she'd call on her break but that she had arrived to work safely.

Leaving her purse in her locker, Kaneko stepped out, grabbed some menus, a notepad and a pen then got to work. She seated people as they arrived, handed them their menus and took their orders for drinks while they decided on what they wanted to eat. Once the drinks were filled and set on a circular tray, she picked it up and balanced it on one hand while making her way to the table. Using her free hand to set the drinks down then held the tray under her arm and started writing down orders which were then slipped off to the cooks who got to work on filling them.

Tips were really appreciated, but Kaneko didn't get many of those. And with being late, she didn't think she'd be getting any today either. Kaneko focused on her work, but sometimes she found herself thinking about Allen and wondering if he was really okay. Maybe today after work she would check the park to make sure he was okay. Well, if she had time anyway.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 03:06:16 )
(Mind if I time skip to later? Like, early evening? O.o)

Allen wandered around, trusting his feet to take him home. He was already exhausted, and more importantly, worried if someone was following him. He always worried about that though, being a vampire and all. Allen was worried though, about what would happen if the vampire hunters learned he was still alive, or the one who had taken his sight away.. Were hunters even around now days? He wondered.

Eventually, he made it home and wandered up to his room where he laid down and fell asleep almost instantly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 03:41:51 )
(Not at all, go right ahead. :))

Work had been exhausting. She was now just cleaning the tables and making sure the chairs were in their places. Once she was done, she collected her purse, clocked out, and headed out of the diner. The sun was already setting when she was outside. Her father was probably still at work but even so, she gave him a quick call. "Hi dad, I'm just calling to let you know that I just got out of work. I had arrived late but that's just because I had to do some things first and didn't realize what time it was." Kaneko explained. Her father didn't sound too happy, just as she expected. "I won't make it a habit. I hope. I mean come on dad, I've never been late before. It's not like I'm late every day." she added and was silent as she listened to her father while she walked towards the park.

"Oh...so you'll be home late?" Kaneko asked and frowned slightly. "N-no...no it's fine dad I understand that work comes first. I'll just keep myself busy with stuff at home. I'm going to do the laundry and get some lunch." She commented, quickly looking both ways before crossing the street. "Of course dad, I promise to lock the door when I get home and I won't go out. I'll stay inside like a good girl." She muttered. Kaneko sighed and rolled her eyes, "I just don't understand why I'm not allowed to have friends or people over." She should have just kept quiet, she didn't mean to make him mad. "Sorry dad, I know. I know. I'll be good I promise. Yes really. I have to go now, need to go do the laundry. I'll talk to you later dad, bye." After hanging up, Kaneko groaned and stuffed her phone in her purse while she walked towards the park.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 06:52:52 )
Allen slept the day away. He didn't wake until that evening, and he woke to hear the door of his manor slam shut. Someone was here. He scrambled out of bed and fumbled over himself. Yes, he was panicking. He had been alone for so long.. He left the bedroom and wandered quickly into the other room. Now he heard quiet chattering between two girls, and giggling. "Who's there?" He voiced, sounding brave. The girls stopped their chattering, which didn't help his case. "You shouldn't be here.. Leave!" He said to them, able to still smell them.

Allen could hear the girls whispering, but he couldn't quite make out what they were saying. It was clear however, they were shocked to find someone living here. Especially a blind man. He could hear whispers of them wanting to tell someone, in which case he approached closer to them. "No, you can't tell anyone. It's nobodies business." He spoke, reaching to touch one of them. Of course, the girl screamed and they left in a hurry. He tried following, to try and reason with the girls. After a while he found himself in the park, he could tell because of the sounds and just the feeling of being there.

The girls ran off and he was a nervous wreck, for a vampire at least. Great, now he had worry about hunters even more now. He leaned against a nearby tree and slowly sank down to his knees. He hadn't even noticed Kaneko's scent close by. He was too busy keeping his head on straight.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 07:04:59 )
Reaching the park, Kaneko quickly moved off to the side as a group of girls ran past her saying something about having to leave the creep behind. "Excuse you!" She called after them and sighed. "Rude." She muttered. What had them so frightened though? What creep were they talking about? Well, that could be any guy really. But where had they encountered this said creep? Why did it even matter to her? "Just relax Kaneko, it's none of your business anyway." Kaneko walked to the bench but noticed he was not there. Had he gotten up and left? Or had someone gotten to him first?

Just when she was beginning to worry, she saw him knelt beneath a tree. Had he been there all this time? Concerned, Kaneko approached him. He looked...troubled. "Sir Allen?" She said, almost as if she didn't think it was him. "Is something wrong? Has someone hurt you?" Why was she even asking? It wasn't like she could do anything about it. Her father could, but she knew her father well enough to know that he would never help her friend. Not unless he made a tempting offer of some sort and frankly, Kaneko didn't want Allen mixed up in her father's mess.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 07:22:40 )
Allen rested a hand on his head as an attempt to calm his racing mind. So many worries and doubts, over so many years. It could be rather maddening from time to time. It wasn't until he slowly began calming down that he picked up on Kaneko's scent. One of the most memorable scents he could remember. "Miss Kaneko..." He said as calmly as he could, raising his head slightly.

His head fell and soon he was shaking his head, with his hands on his head. "Violated is more like it." He murmured quietly. Allen was pretty well shaken up from the event. "They were in my manor.. I don't know how they got inside. T-two girls, and I tried talking to them but they ran away." He explained, without really know why. What could, or would she do? They weren't really friends.. He mainly just needed someone to talk to.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 07:39:10 )
Kaneko's eyes widened. So he was the creep the girls had talked about? They had entered his...manor? Wait, he had a manor? So he did have a home and somehow those two girls had managed to slip inside. Did he not lock the doors? Probably not if he couldn't see. Still, it wasn't a matter of seeing or not. One could feel if the doors were locked or not. He had followed them here before losing them. Sad. Kaneko knelt down beside him, a frown on her face. He had a reason to be shaken up. Someone had broke into his house for god's sake. It was a good thing he wasn't hurt but why were the girls in his house in the first place? Were they running from something or someone? Or were they just merely goofing off?

Either way, it wasn't a nice thing to do. "I see. I'm very sorry to hear that you had to go through that. It must have been terrifying to hear others inside your home. The one place where you are supposed to be the safest." Kaneko said softly. She would have been terrified if it were her in that situation. Although, if her father was there when it happened, then it probably wouldn't have happened in the first place and if it did all hell would have broken loose. "At least you weren't actually hurt. Still, I do wonder what those girls were doing in your home." She looked around, it would get dark soon and if she were him, she probably wouldn't want to go home alone. What was she going to do?

"Sir Allen, I hope I don't seem rude or cross any line by asking this, but...if you are worried it might happen again, you are more than welcome to stay with me. I'm sure my dad won't mind. Besides, friends help friends and good people help good people. So yes, that is how I am justifying my actions." She explained with a chuckle. She wasn't sure if it would cheer him up but she was trying. "And...I'm always here if you just want to talk. We can talk about anything you want to." Kaneko added quickly. Maybe that's what he needed right now, just someone who would listen and talk to him.

((And that is my last post for the day. I need to get some sleep since I have class tomorrow but I'll post once I get back. Goodnight!))

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 17:42:38 )
Allen listened to her words carefully, now thinking about it he realized it was entirely possible that he had the door unlocked. He was rather tired when he arrived home this afternoon.. But, no one had ever just wandered inside!

Allen slowly raised his head when she spoke again, only this time it sounded more like she truly giving him permission to enter her home, if he was worried about it happening again. Which he was, but not so much as to impose on this woman. Her logic seemed to amuse him in the least, as he smirked a bit regarding such. How should he do this.. Would she feel bad if he politely declined and insisted on going home? He certainly didn't want her to worry over him.

It was then he decided to take her up on her offer, if only for her own mental well-being. "Perhaps..one night.. If it isn't too much trouble.." Allen spoke quietly, unsure of himself. "I-I live alone.. and don't have anyone here.." He said, lowering his head.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 23:36:52 )
Kaneko waited patiently for a response and when she got one, she grinned. It would be the first time she had anyone over at her house. It was pretty exciting. Now she just had to worry about getting her father's approval which would be tough. He wasn't home, so she knew she'd have to call which she really didn't want to but she had no choice. She pulled on the zipper on her purse, reaching in and feeling around until she grabbed her phone and pulled it out. All while listening to what Allen said. "No, it's no trouble at all Allen." Her smile faded though upon hearing that had no one. So she was right, he had no friends or family to look after him. He lived all alone, he must get lonely from time to time. Even though, the times she had seen him he looked to be in a good mood.

He never gave any hint that he was alone here. "You don't?" she repeated. Why had she even repeated it? She didn't want him to talk about something if it clearly saddened him. "Well...you have me." She said, smiling a bit. "I mean, I may not be family or anything but well...you're not alone anymore. Like I said, I'll always be here if you need anything or just want to talk." She couldn't really do much, she knew this and she was sure he realized this. But that didn't mean that she was just going to sit back and watch when she could very clearly help out somehow. Kaneko's dark black hair fell across her face and she struggled to push it back and away from her face. "Give me a moment to call my dad. Oh, and if you're hungry, I'm going to make some food when I get home. You're more than welcome to have some if you'd like."

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.