Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Blood in Roses

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 03:34:10 )
He could hear her, and her footsteps as she wandered the house, probably startled by him. Allen raised his head some when addressed. "Kaneko, good morning." He greeted casually. "I forgot the door was closed.. Sorry if I startled you so early.." He spoke quietly, slightly guilty for not thinking. Allen lowered his head when she asked how he slept.

"I slept peacefully." He answered calmly, pain was evident but not nearly as mush as last night. He wouldn't tell her about the nightmare. "I wanted to leave before you woke up..not to cause you any trouble.. I just thought it would be best." He said to her quietly, not entirely sure why either. He shook his head at the mention of food. He wasn't hungry yet.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 03:55:22 )
Kaneko watched his body language and listened to the tone of his voice. Something seemed off. But maybe she was just overthinking it. Maybe she was just worrying over nothing. Still, she was curious to see if she was right or wrong on her assumptions. "I'm sorry if I'm wrong, but...you seem troubled. You don't have to tell me what is the matter if you don't want to. I think I might now." Her fingers ran through her mop head, her hair was a mess and she was glad he couldn't see how hideous she looked.

"My father is a scary man. I can understand if he made you uncomfortable. To be honest, I'm surprised he was so...well behaved. I was afraid it would end up being worse than it was. Or maybe he was too tired to argue. I don't know. But I do apologize if my father made you uncomfortable. He has that effect on all he meets. Like I said, I think the people who work with him are okay with him and don't find him scary like the rest of us do." Kaneko smiled and rubbed her eyes. "You are not causing any trouble. My father is just...over protective I guess? I understand though if you do want to leave. I can walk you to the park if you wish."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 16:55:15 )
Allen sat quietly as she started to speak, quite honestly surprised that he had been figured out so easily. He was troubled. He listened to her speak about her father, and he couldn't help his slight frown. Allen turned his head toward her some, and sighed softly. Lowering his head, he slowly reached and took her hand gently. "Kaneko, I am not being run out by your father.. Please understand that." He said quietly.

Even if her father was the man who tried to kill him, he wasn't solely the reason why he wanted to leave. He wanted to protect her. "I need to get home, so last night doesn't reoccur." He explained calmly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 17:42:31 )
So it wasn't her father that had scared him away, it was the scare he had last night. She looked at him, a small frown on her face. "I understand Allen." He really needed his remedy, even if he said he didn't she knew he was just saying that so he wouldn't worry her. Maybe she shouldn't worry, maybe he had this all under control. He had been making remedies for a long time so he was pretty much a master at it now. She shouldn't have worried. He would be fine.

What to say now? She heard no alarm clock yet, good to know her father was still sleeping. Maybe it would be best Allen was gone before her father woke. That way if there was arguing, he wouldn't have to hear it. "Let me get some shoes on and something warm, and I'll walk you to the park then. Does that sound okay?" Maybe he wished to leave on his own. Yes she didn't know where he lived, and she didn't need to know. It was fine. She didn't mind walking with him to the park at least.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 18:37:20 )
Allen let go of her hand and listened as she spoke. He listened for any indications of her father being up and around, yet he heard none. He really did need his remedy, and her father wasn't running him off, he hoped she believed that. Allen smiled some when she offered to walk him to the park, and he nodded lightly. "Delightful." He said quietly, quite happy about having someone to walk with.

Maybe he could show her his manor? If she was interested.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/26 19:04:06 )
"I'll be quick." She whispered and stood up then made her way to her room. She pulled on some warm boots after slipping on some ankle socks. Her pajamas consisted of some shorts and a loose tank top. Opening her closet, she pulled out an oversized red knit cardigan and put it on quickly then closed the closet door and walked back out to the living room. "Oh, almost forgot.." She ran into the kitchen and wrote a quick note for her father, saying that she was going out for a walk. She set the note down on the kitchen table then walked over to where Allen sat.

"Ready to go, Allen?" She asked him, her voice still quiet.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/27 03:11:33 )
Allen nodded lightly as she spoke, then sat there. Waiting patiently for her to get dressed and such, so they could go. He listened to her footsteps as they sounded from different areas of the house, to another part of the house. It was rather funny how bare feet made different footsteps than feet with socks, or shoes. Depending on the person, and the shoe, it could alter the footstep completely. He stopped, and wondered why he started to think about that.. He lifted his head some when she came back, then suddenly hurried to the kitchen, and came back again.

This time, she asked if he was ready. He nodded lightly and slowly stood. "Ready as you are." He answered, wearing a small smile.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/27 07:01:03 )
Kaneko reached out and took his hand in hers, the fabric of her cardigan sleeve end brushing against his hand. "Okay, let's go." She said quietly and walked to the front door. On the hook near the door she grabbed her purse and slung it over her shoulder, using her free hand to unzip it and pull out the key to unlock and open the door. "Alright, out we go." Kaneko was careful when leading him outside. Making sure to close and lock the door behind them then letting him know of the steps when they approached them. When they had descended the steps from her porch, Kaneko started to lead him towards the park. It was chilly so she was glad she had remembered to wear her cardigan.

Her legs were freezing, but that didn't matter to her too much. She hoped her father would read the note and that he wouldn't go after her, but chances were he wouldn't. Hopefully he'd be up when she returned. Just as she had thought, a few people were getting ready to head out to work but for the most part the town was silent.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 06:49:54 )
Allen slowly stood once she had taken his hand, and steadily followed her to the door, and then outside. He waited for her to lock the door, indicated by a tiny click he could hear, before slowly descending the stairs and followed her towards the park.

It was chilly out, but he honestly didn't mind it. Walking in the direct sun light bothered him more than the air. "Kaneko.." He spoke quietly, baring with his eyes as the pain slowly became less dull. "Could we walk in the shade please..?" Allen asked calmly. "I burn easily you see.." He said, hoping she understood. He couldn't see, but he could certainly feel the warmth.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/30 08:07:58 )
Kaneko walked with Allen comfortably, her hand still held on to his as the two walked towards the park which would be completely alone at this hour. She assumed so anyway, she didn't think anyone would be up this early at the park. Especially not on a school day.

Hearing Allen's request, she looked at him and nodded. "We could do that Allen, no problem." She answered and started to walk with him underneath the shade. "Is this better?" she asked softly. So he was probably allergic to the sun, she knew that was a thing some people had. It was strange, she couldn't imagine what it must feel like.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:18:38 )
Allen easily walked with her into the shade, feeling much better. "Yes, thank you." He said, offering her a small smile. The walk was quiet, and quite peaceful. Most people weren't out this early. As they walked, his eyes seemly stopped bothering him, perhaps because of the chill in the air.

He paused once they finally arrived at the park, and lifted his head in her direction some. "I've changed my mind.. Miss Kaneko, I would like to invite you to my home, as you have for me, if you're not busy." He spoke casually. Of course, he knew she had to get home before her father awoke.. He just hadn't thought of that entirely.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 03:35:16 )
Kaneko shivered slightly in the cold and pulled her cardigan closer around her. It was old, probably tearing but it's also why she kept it. It wasn't about looking pretty, it was about being comfortable. Her hair a mess, only got messier with every gust of wind that slapped her face. The tip of her nose and her cheeks a soft shade of red from the cold. Surely she'd get sick, but it didn't matter. A warm bath after this would do her good.

Once they arrived at the park, her boots stepped on a few stray leaves making them crunch beneath her weight. "Here we are." She said and turned to face Allen. It was time to say goodbye and head home to check if her father had woken up or not. "Hmm?" What's this? He was inviting her to his home? Was she busy? Well no, not at the moment. Oh how bad could it be? She could spare a couple of minutes right? Her father could always call if anything arose. "No, I'm not busy Allen." She answered. It was true. She would be very busy once she returned home though.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 20:43:25 )
He remained quiet, taking note of how the skin of her hand seemed to be losing its warmth. Was she cold, or was it just a chill caused by the wind? Allen did wonder, to himself, what would happen if she ever found out what he was. Some humans were more..accepting than others, after all.

His lips curved into a smile as she informed him, she wasn't busy at the current moment. "Perfect. I shall take lead, then." Allen said, a sort of cheer to his voice as he began walking. He held her hand as his feet led him home, through the park and off towards the woods marked with a thin dirt path.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 22:36:21 )
It made Kaneko happy to see the small smile on Allen's face when she agreed to go over to his house. She wondered what it would be like, but he must really trust her if he was showing her where he lived. Of course, he had nothing to worry about. She wasn't going to go barging into his home anytime soon, it just wasn't right. It wasn't proper manners.

She held on to his hand, making sure not to hold on too tightly as to hurt him. "You aren't cold Allen?" she asked him after a while. Her eyes darted around, noting the faint dirt path they were taking. So Allen lived all the way out here? Surrounded by trees. It must get lonely, and sometimes even scary to live alone in the middle of nowhere. However, he knew his way around these parts very well because he wasn't stumbling once. Unlike Kaneko who wasn't used to being in the woods, she would sometimes almost trip over a fallen twig or rock but she always regained her balance.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/31 23:21:16 )
Allen walked the dirt path, lifting his head when she spoke. "No, I quite like this weather." He answered casually. He really did too. On warmer days it was harder for him to wander outside. "Are you?" He asked curiously, being able to tell she was at least chilled. Whenever she did stumble, or trip, he would pause and help her regain her balance, then continued.

After a bit of walking, they passed the tree he had 'attacked' the previous night after meeting Kaneko, and soon they came to a clearing. Within the clearing was a large manor that seemed to have been there for some time now. There were vines growing over and through the fences around the clearing, statues that had cracked or pieces had broken off. There was a stone path leading to the front door, and a small withered flower garden on either side. The stairs had sprouts peeking through the cracks of the bricks. He couldn't see any of the aging, because of his blindness- but he knew the manor had seen better days. He could only imagine. "I can only imagine what time has done to the place, I only wish I could've kept it up properly.." He murmured quietly, pausing briefly. He carefully led her to the door and opened the door for her. "Welcome to my humble abode, miss Kaneko." Allen said casually.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/1 23:24:06 )
Kaneko smiled softly, her nose and cheeks slightly red from the cold. "A little but I should be okay." She answered. 'I probably should have worn pants instead of shorts.' She thought to herself. Oh well. A little cold weather wasn't going to kill her. She thanked him every time he would help her. He didn't need to but he did and she felt like an idiot for fumbling around so much.

They passed by the tree and she noticed it and wondered what could have left that mark there. It was probably a bear. They were in the woods, it wouldn't surprise her if it was in fact a bear. It did frighten her a bit, what if they ran into a bear? She didn't even realize that what had left that mark, was Allen himself. The large manor slowly came into view. It looked like one of those old houses you see in the movies or read about in books. It was old, very old and statues were falling apart. There were cracks here and there, weeds sprouting out of them, fines all over the walls. Kaneko listened to what Allen had to say and shook her head as she stared at the house. "I like it Allen. It gives your home character. It makes it unique. I want to thank you for having me over, I didn't expect it but I would be lying if I said it wasn't a pleasant surprise." She said honestly meaning every word. It wasn't every day she was invited over somewhere. Well, she never was actually.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 00:04:34 )
Allen smiled some at her words. He carefully took her hand and led her inside, the large door creaking as it closed behind them. Despite the curtains, it wasn't too dark inside, there was enough light for someone to see. The age of the manor hadn't done as much to the inside, but one could still see the aging. It looked like your typical old manor, with less stuff laying around since he didn't have much. The walls were faded in some spots, aligned with the curtains from the sun peeking through. The floors creaked some when walked across. There was the main room with a round table near the wall, and hallway, and two large stair cases leading to the east and west wing. "I remember what it looks like, before I lost my sight.. The hallway to the left leads to the kitchen, pantry, and dining room, we're in the main room.. He said to her as he began to lead her down said hallway to show her the kitchen area.

The kitchen looked like it hadn't been used in years except lightly, the pantry nearly empty ad the dining room looked neglected. Why sit at a table if you had no one to sit with?

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 00:58:52 )
Kaneko looked back at the door as it closed behind them then looked around the house. She didn't have to live here to know that it had been filled with people at some point in time. Had this been the house he had grown up in? Or had he moved here after a while? Either way, the place was massive and it was easy to get lost but luckily she had Allen to show her around. The creaking floors showed her its age. This house must have been around for years. So this was the main room, it was lovely even though it was lonely. She followed him to the kitchen area and smiled. "Beautiful." She said softly. The one thing she noticed was that the dining room looked abandoned and it made her sad. He truly lived alone here. Why would anyone live in such a nice house by themselves? Where did everyone else go? Why did they leave him alone?

"You have a very beautiful home Allen." She said truthfully. It was much nicer than hers. She thought so anyway.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 01:25:01 )
Allen lowered his head some as she spoke. "Thank you.." He murmured, leading back through the hallway to the main room, and continued cautiously up west staircase. Most of his painful memories resided in the east wing, so he avoided it, he didn't even mention it. "The west wing is where my study and bedroom are." He said as they reached the top of the stairs. He led her down the hall, passed several old paintings and a grandfather clock.

Allen stepped inside his study, a small white room with a large bookcase stocked with a few fresh herbs and other ingredients, a handful of large dusty books, a long table where he crush and mixed the herbs into remedies, and a small bed.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 01:49:46 )
Kaneko followed Allen, mostly keeping an eye on him to make sure to help him if it looked like he might fall but he never once faltered. He knew this house like the back of his hand. With every step taken, she heard a creak here and another there. It was an old house for sure. For being so old, there wasn't an exaggerated about of dust like one would think. Yes there were dust bunnies and particles in the air but nothing out of the ordinary. Dust was everywhere no matter how much you cleaned. Ever wear a clean shirt and then brush your hand along the sleeve? If you did, you'd know that dust particles would easily rush out into the air when you did that.

Kaneko was silent, taking in the details of his home. It was in such a better condition than other houses she had seen so even though it wasn't the newest house, it was very well taken care of. She stopped outside the small room before slowly walking in. There was a bookshelf filled with all sorts of things and it was clear that this was where he made his remedies. The books had collected dust and so had the table. The small bed confused her, was this where he slept? "So this is your study? Is this where you make your herbal remedies?" She asked him quietly.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.