Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Blood in Roses

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/19 23:52:54 )
Allen offered her a small smile when he heard her voice change slightly, hoping he hadn't upset her. He was used to living alone, so up until now, he was content with the life he was living. However, he wasn't expecting to hear what came next. Hearing her say that he wasn't alone anymore. If he could, he'd be starring at her in slight awe. She was claiming him as a friend, or that's how it came across. "We are no longer strangers, then?" He asked quietly, only to nod lightly when she mentioned calling her father.

Crap.. He knew all too well how a father could react to the present situation, but he said nothing. Allen simply waited patiently. He wasn't worried about his remedy, as he didn't need it every night. It was better to have..but he'd manage a night without it.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 00:10:33 )
Kaneko was scrolling through her contacts, looking for her dad until she found him. Before she pressed the 'call' button, she decided to answer Allen's question. "According to the dictionary, a stranger is 'a person with whom one has had no personal acquaintance'. In my own personal dictionary, a stranger is someone you've never met. We have met once before. Therefore, no; we are not strangers." Kaneko explained then pressed the button to call her father who answered after the third ring. "Hello dad. Umm, I was calling to ask you something." At this time, she glanced over at Allen then looked down at her purse. "I was wondering if my friend could sleep over tonight?" She asked. Not surprised when her father said no. "But daaad, he's been through a tough time and he just needs a place to stay at least for tonight, please? I promise you have nothing to worry about. He is a good person. Hmm? Where did I meet him? At the park." She answered. Not sure why that mattered.

"Nothing is going to happen oh my gosh. I told you, I'm going to do laundry and make some food. Don't worry I'll make you dinner as per usual." Kaneko explained, hoping her father would just budge this once. "Please? You know I never have anyone over, this is the very first time." She pouted. Her father wasn't too happy but he reluctantly agreed to letting her have her friend over for the night but warned her that they had better behave. "Of course dad, thaaank-you! Ha, yeah right. I'll talk to you when you get home. Bye!" Hanging up, she exhaled softly and looked at Allen. "Sir Allen? You can stay." She informed happily. "Is there anything you need before we go?" She wanted to make sure he wasn't forgetting anything.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 01:17:46 )
Allen chuckled quietly at her response, having not met anyone like her. Not that he could remember anyway. He was silent as he listened the both sides of phone conversation, having the hearing to hear her father as well. He had a feeling this wouldn't go well, and was thinking about just calling it off but decided against it. She was really trying. The sound of her voice changing slightly as she pushed for her father's cooperation made him smirk a bit, mostly to himself.

Allen lifted his head slightly when his name was heard, and her following statement made him smile some. She was happy. He used the tree to help himself stand, since he was sitting on the ground, and shook his head. "Nothing that can't wait for tomorrow." He answered casually, meaning no, he didn't need anything tonight. "Thank you." He voiced quietly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 01:55:03 )
Kaneko smiled and stood up, dropping her phone back into her purse. "It's really no problem, I'm happy to help." There was nothing he needed right away, which meant they could go ahead and leave to her house. It then occurred to her that she needed to figure out where he could sleep. Well, there was no way he was sleeping on the floor or on the couch. She could sleep on the couch, she didn't mind it. Granted, she never slept on a couch before but she guessed it couldn't be so bad right? "Alright then, let's get going. I'll show you where you'll be sleeping and give you a tour of the house. It's not very big actually." She commented, taking his hand and starting to make the trip back to her house.

Kaneko wondered what his manor looked like, and while she wanted to ask, she knew that was something he'd talk about on his own whenever he felt comfortable enough. Perhaps in his eyes, they were still strangers. Her conscious was screaming at her, how could she allow this person to enter her home? He only met him once before. This was hardly any reason to open her door to him. So maybe this wasn't the smartest thing to do, but it was the right thing. Or well, to her it seemed like it. It was an easy walk back home, no people to bump into constantly. The silence was both reassuring and unnerving. What could she say to make things not so awkward? Were things even awkward? She looked up at the sky for a moment, letting out a content sigh. The stars really were lovely. "Allen..if I may ask, are you allergic to any foods?" The last thing she wanted was to make something that would make him sick.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 02:16:49 )
Allen silently appreciated her help. He nodded lightly when she explained they she woild give him a tour of her house. That would certainly be interesting. He easily walked with Kaneko once she had taken his hand and guided him to her home. Making sure to remember the steps he was taking from the park, that's why he didn't talk much. He was familiarizing himself with the path they were walking. The feel of the concrete, and the direct he was facing as he walked.

He took a moment to think about her question, which wasn't something he often thought about. Allen shook his head lightly. "I cannot say for sure.." He answered calmly. He didn't think he had any food allergies, but he usually prepared his own meals.. Stuff he was used to.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 02:37:02 )
Hmm, well that answer wasn't very helpful. Still, she would try to prepare something good for him and hopefully it didn't get him sick. She would feel terrible if it did. "Okay, we're almost there. Careful, the porch has steps." Kaneko warned and helped him get up the three steps to the front door. She let go of his hand to look for her key in her purse. Taking it out, she stuck it in the doorknob and turned it until she heard the click on the other side. The door was opened and Kaneko took Allen's hand once more. "Alright, we're heading inside now. Watch your step." It was strange having someone else in her house. Someone who wasn't her father, but it wasn't something she'd do all the time, her father made it clear that she couldn't make this a habit.

It was dark in the house, save for the moonlight creeping in through the windows. "Come on in, make yourself at home." Kaneko started. "Okay, we are currently in the living room. To the right is the kitchen. Straight ahead is a hall and the bedrooms are located on either side of the hall. Now, there is a restroom on the left of the hall but the bedrooms also have their own so don't worry about it." she explained, trying to be helpful. She went through the house while holding his hand, showing him where everything was. She would place his hand on the door handle of her bedroom and looked at him. "This is the door to the room where you will be spending the night. You can go ahead and open it then take a step inside. I promise you won't bump into anything. I make sure the house is clean always." She said reassuringly. She would turn on the lights but it seemed pointless to do so.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 02:53:32 )
Allen took note of her words, and cautiously went up the porch stairs, with her help of course. He moved his head as if looking around, which of course he couldn't. But he could still take in the feeling of walking through the door once she had opened it, and led him inside. He listened to her directions, and stored them in the back of his mind as to remember later. Being in another's house felt odd..

As she led him through the house, he often took his free hand and felt around some as to familiarize himself with his current standpoint, being in someone else's home. He paused once she had taken his hand, and he felt a doorknob under his palm. He lifted his head in her direction slightly as she explained. "Your room?" Allen asked quietly. He only guessed because her scent was practically flowing out if it. He turned his head towards the door and slowly pulled his hand back. "I couldn't ask you to surrender your room, miss Kaneko." Allen voiced casually, having believed in bedrooms being one's personal space.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 03:11:03 )
There was a small chuckle and a nod of her head as Allen guessed correctly. "Yes, my room. I swear it's clean though." She said. Now, she knew it probably seemed strange to him to sleep in a girl's room. It was the better option though. "I..I know. But I don't want you to sleep on the floor or the couch. You are our guest. I want you to be as comfortable as possible. If I didn't care about your comfort, you wouldn't be in here right now." Kaneko pointed out and carefully opened her bedroom door. Yes, it was clean just as she had assumed. Her bed was neatly made as well, moonlight shinning through her window onto her bed frame. "I understand if you feel uncomfortable taking my room though. I just think that a bed is more comfortable than the floor or a couch." She gave him an apologetic smile, then realized he wouldn't have been able to seen it.

How had he known it was her room? Well, lucky guess she supposed. She herself was a little shy about this arrangement too. She never had anyone else sleep in her room. But she kept telling her that it was the right thing to do. That's what beds were for anyway, so that people could sleep on them. Floors were for standing on, and couches were for sitting on.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 03:28:52 )
Allen shook his head lightly and offered her a small smile, after carefully listening to her explanation. He also noticed the change in her voice, as slight as it was. "I understand, thank you for your consideration." He said. How could deny the offer after hearing that? It seemed quite rude.. He still felt like he was invading, but she seemed sure of herself..so he'd just push passed that feeling.

He slowly walked into the bedroom and cautiously made his way around to the bed, until he felt his hand touch the blanket. Allen reached and placed his hand on the top of the blanket, and felt of the material. Her room felt peaceful, not like the rest of the house. Allen did a 180° turn and faced her, or at least he was hoping that the door would be in that general direction. "This is all very kind of you, thank you. Again." He voiced quietly, bowing slightly.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 04:12:03 )
Kaneko wasn't sure how to respond. She felt a little bad, hopefully he didn't think she was forcing him to accept. He had thanked her though, being polite as always. Watching him from where she stood, just outside the door frame, Kaneko held out her hands as if that would help him when he did a full turn to look at her. "C-careful." she said, taking one step into her room. "Oh, you're quite welcome. I do hope that you find it comfortable and that you can sleep well. Do not worry, no one will be in this house other than you, myself, and my dad whenever he gets home. I wouldn't worry about him though." She felt telling him who lived in the house would be good, that way he didn't freak out when he heard the front door open once her father returned home. Whenever that would be.

Looking at him, he looked so confused. He probably wasn't used to being in anyone else's home. "This must all be new to you. I hope it's not making you uncomfortable?" If he was uncomfortable, he would tell her wouldn't he? "Oh and there is a restroom in here so you don't really have to go to the one in the hallway." She reminded, walking over to the bathroom door and knocking on it, hoping that it would help him know where it was. "Is there anything you wish to ask me?" Kaneko asked. She was willing to answer any questions the other might have before starting on the food.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 04:47:10 )
Allen paused when he felt her hand brush against him, when he turned around. He nodded lightly when she spoke about hoping that he found himself comfortable in her room tonight, and told him about her father eventually coming home. He made sure to take a mental note.

He smirked lightly. "No need to worry." Allen voiced casually. When he heard the knock, he lifted his head in that direction. Bathroom, he noted. Allen slowly followed her scent, and approached her, hoping to pass it off as following her voice or that she hadn't seemed to have move from knocking on the door. "This might sound strange, miss Kaneko.. I only have one request, may I touch your face?" He asked cautiously. It would be a wtag for him to 'see' her, if he was allowed to feel the details of her face.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 05:20:17 )
Kaneko smiled, seeing that the knock on the bathroom door had indeed helped him know where the bathroom was. Watching him approach her, she was a little confused by the question made to her. He wanted to touch her face? For a moment, she wasn't sure why he would want to do such a strange thing. Then it dawned on her, wasn't that the way he saw things? By touching them? It made sense, seeing as how he practically touched everything while being showed around the house.

Well he did ask nicely, and he was only touching her face. It wasn't a bad thing really. Just not something she thought she'd ever be asked by anyone. 'That's because you never thought that you'd talk to a blind person ever.' She thought to herself. "You may, Sir Allen." She replied after a moment of silence.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 05:44:47 )
Allen stood quiet, waiting for her to respond. He figured it would be an odd request.. But at least she hadn't been offended, right? He relaxed some, when she finally did give him an answer, and gave him permission to do so.

He seemed a little nervous as he slowly raised a hand and carefully reached out to touch her face. Allen was very gentle, when he felt what he thought was her cheek. He cupped her cheek and lightly brushed his thumb over the skin before slowly running his hand over her chin, her other cheek and moved his hand towards her forehead. He lightly ran his hand over her nose, but didn't go anywhere near her eyes. The image he had of her in his mind, she was beautiful.

Allen slowly pulled his hand back, and lifted his head slightly. "Thank you, miss Kaneko."

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 06:33:26 )
As odd as the request was, it was harmless and it was helpful to him. She realized he would never actually see her. All he had to recognize her by was her voice. Well now at least he would be able to know what she looked like. To an extent that is.

Kaneko watched his hand closely and couldn't help but close her eyes when his hand started to trace over her face. She was afraid he'd get too close to her eyes, but he never did reach near her eyes. Her nose crinkled, as it did whenever she grinned. It was a new experience for her but it was a neat one. Once his hand was gone, her eyes fluttered open and she looked right at him. So many questions she wanted to ask, but now was not the time to interview him with silly questions that were probably too painful for him to answer.

"You're quite welcome, Sir Allen. It was a rather neat experience to be part of. I mean...well..I just never thought I'd have someone do that. It was nice though." She wasn't sure if any of that made sense. To her it honestly sounded like she was just mumbling. Kaneko chuckled and ran a hand through her hair. "I will start on the food. Umm...would you like to wait here? Or would you like to wait in the kitchen or perhaps the living room? I...I'll be in the kitchen and well you're always welcome to sit at the table if you would like to. B-but if you're more comfortable here that's fine too. I can come here for you once the food is ready. Or if you'd prefer, I can bring you the food here."

Okay, now she really did sound like she was rambling. It wasn't like she did so on purpose though.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/20 06:50:07 )
Allen swallowed as he gathered his scattered thoughts. He smirked lightly when she spoke next, unable to keep a chuckle to himself. This was her first time, wasn't it? He wondered curiously, but stayed quiet. He listened to her ramble for a moment, before stepping aside so she could pass. "I'll just wait here, for the time being." Allen said casually. If he stayed in one room, he'd be less likely to wander around and distract her from cooking.

He cautiously wandered over to the bed and sat down on the edge of the mattress. "Call me when you're finished, and I'll find my way to you." Allen was more-so requesting it then saying it. It'd help him learn his way around a little.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 05:32:01 )
Oh, he wanted to wait here? He was probably more comfortable in here and maybe he just wanted to take a nap while he waited. She didn't mind it though. "Very well then." She smiled and nodded, "I'll be sure to call for you once I finish making the dish. Don't worry, I won't take long. I don't think so anyway." Kaneko didn't want to keep him waiting so the faster she left, the faster the food would be ready. Would he be able to walk to the kitchen on his own without getting hurt? There was only one way to find out. "Well then, make yourself at home. Rest if you'd like and I'll call you when it's ready. If you'll excuse me, I'll go start on it now." Kaneko said, then bowed her head and quietly made her way out of her room and to the kitchen.

Once in the kitchen, she had to turn on the lights to see what she was doing. "Hmm, what to make?" It was cold out, maybe something warm would be the best idea. A stew sounded good. "Thick beef stew, I'm sure dad will love it too." He wasn't too picky and normally he would cook but with him coming home so late, if she let him cook he'd just not cook and go straight to bed instead. It was why she decided to cook dinner, leaving breakfast to him. Lunch was usually something small so she sometimes would just eat out or if she was home, make something simple.

Kaneko gathered the ingredients and filled a large pot with water, halfway and let it boil. While waiting for that, she started to prepare everything else. She even set three bowls on the side and three spoons. Three instead of two. It was a small change that wouldn't mean anything to others but to her it was a big difference.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 18:27:01 )
Allen nodded his head lightly when she spoke. She seemed rather unsure of herself for a moment there.. He bowed some when she mentioned going to get started. Allen waited until he was sure, that Kaneko had left before sighing inward and sitting on the edge of her bed, his hands on his head. His eyes were beginning to bother him, but differently than most nights. He probably should have gone to get his remedy.. Now he would just have to bare it.

Slowly, he laid down on her bed, laying on his back as if staring at the ceiling. Her room was so peaceful..and her scent was almost intoxicating, almost. If he hadn't lost most of his urges, he'd probably be in a bit of trouble.. Or rather, she would be. He rested his hand over his forehead and attempted to relax while waiting to be called for dinner.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/21 23:37:22 )
Kaneko was busy at work preparing dinner. Hopefully Allen would like it. There was this sense of pressure to do a good job even though she really wasn't being pressured to do well. It was her subconscious doing this to her. Seeing as how there was a new person who would be having dinner, her subconscious made her believe it had to be perfect. Nothing less would do. She wasn't trying to impress him though. At least, she didn't think that she was. They were just friends. Did friends impress each other? She wouldn't know.

It took a few minutes and when she thought that it was ready, she had to do a quick taste test. Deciding to add just a tiny bit more salt and some black pepper, Kaneko gave it a stir and lowered the flames. It was ready. Hopefully she hadn't taken too long. Serving some into one of the bowls, she decided to call Allen over. "Allen, dinner is ready!" She called out to him from the kitchen as she picked up a spoon and then set it down on the table, right on top of a napkin. She walked back to the counter and picked up the bowl of stew for Allen and carefully set it down next to the napkin for him. "There, perfect."

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 03:37:17 )
Allen laid in the bed, reminiscing on the previous meetings with Kaneko, without really meaning to. How did he end up in a situation like this? All because he stopped to take a break after picking up some herbs.. Now he had someone in his life to give him a shoulder to lean on. He'd been alone for so long, and now he didn't have to be. He smiled to himself a bit.

Allen quickly sat up when Kaneko called him, and he proceeded to carefully wander the house, remembering the tour she had given him. All he had to do was back track a little, and bump into anything.. He made it to the kitchen rather easily, and felt the edge of the table, which told him there was a chair nearby, so he felt for it before slowly sitting down. "Oh wow, it smells amazing." Allen voiced casually, not exactly knowing where she was. He could smell the beef, so he thought he'd guess what they were having. He sniffed some and smirked lightly. "Beef stew?" Allen asked curiously.

Voltie — They/Them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/22 05:52:37 )
Kaneko was worried, thinking that he'd bump into something and get hurt on the way over but surprisingly he made it just fine. It brought a warm smile to her face, hearing what he said. "Thank-you." She said and blinked rapidly a few times, surprised he had guessed correctly. "Yes it is." Kaneko answered, nodding her head as if it made a difference. "I..I hope you like it." She said to him and walked over, pulling out his chair for him. "Have a seat. Would you like anything to drink?" She asked quietly.

She herself would just have some water with her stew. Her father, he'd probably want nothing to drink. "Your spoon is to the left of the bowl right on top of your napkin." Kaneko informed politely. It felt nice to have someone around her age to actually talk to. She glanced at the time, it was late, her father would probably call before leaving for home. Or maybe he'd surprise her to get a look at her friend himself. How would he react? Would he make a scene? She hoped not.

And I thought saltine crackers were salty.
Chat with me here if you wanna!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.