Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums The Blackout The Curious Case of Vontell

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 04:32:08 )
@vontell: riot lol

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 04:54:57 )
Vontell coughs, moving along because nothing at all strange happened.

Hurry my friends, this is an important choice to make! Vivienne's fate rests on us!

(front page has been updated with today's decision)

Donator — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 04:59:18 )
(oh a spooky mask)
This is a tough one. Sprinting ahead might not be a good choice considering you got attacked... but lagging behind might make us lose her...

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:00:02 )

I'm gonna go with
@Vontell: Follow the Figure

As much as I would-*just noticed the clown nose on Vontell...lmao* ANYWAY as much as I would love to say go after them, confront them and demand answers...I also think that could lead to a dead end. Yes, we may get them, but that doesn't mean they will answer us. They could remain silent or give us false answers. Why would they bother telling us anything at all? If we fall back, we could find the hide out and possibly Vivi. We have no clue how many of these shadow people are. One, we may be able to take one. But multiple? If we know where they live, we can hurry back to our friends, if need be, and lead them to the hide out and possibly Vivi.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:17:00 )
o v o

Hmm... Von is struggling to see right now and the figure is unnaturally fast. If we lag behind, it may gain enough ground to disappear entirely. There is the possibility of whatever it is leaving behind the tar-like substance we saw before, but it's not guaranteed. Actually... Leo, can you see any noticeable black spots on the ground? Something reminiscent of before?

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:31:25 )
@dowan: And interesting question! Leo? What do you see?

Leo, who has been galloping beside everyone slows down, his snout pressing to the ground as he sniffs, his beady eyes narrowing slightly. He grunts, signalling do a very small droplet on the ground, finding another about five meters ahead. Leo's careful not to let it touch his nose as he continues to sniff the ground. The next one he finds is even further ahead, about eight meters from the previous.

It's not a lot but, that is something! Hm... Leo seems wary of it... Please be attentive not to step in it.

Donator — Puzzling Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:38:44 )

Hm, so its a trail, but slowly fading the further it goes. Interesting...

|

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:45:38 )

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:53:30 )
o v o

Mmm, Leo's a good boy and gave us a valuable clue. If the tar stays on the ground for a while, then we can take our time following the figure to its base of operations. That's likely where it's keeping Vivi, or we can find clues as to Vivi's current location when we confront it there. Given its limited speech so far, I doubt we'd get much information out of it even should we beat it now. With that being said:

Voltie — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:58:11 )

Voltie — Lady Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 05:58:22 )
On hazy nights with mystic lights, in an oasis filled with dreams...

Capture the gossamer sounds and hypnotic songs of fleeting whispered hymns

Voltie — She/Hungry Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 06:01:43 )
• v •
@Vontell: Confront the Figure

We gotta find Viv!

Apparently out of a gig. --v
RLC Commissions always available! PM me or add me on discord: micami#8341

Donator — She/Her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 06:02:30 )

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 17:30:14 )

@Vontell: We have to find Vivi, but we also have to keep ourselves healthy and capable of helping her, otherwise her best chance at rescue will be lost with us. Vontell, give me the flashlight. Let me see your eyes. We have to assess the damage before we can make a reasonable decision.

Voltie — LV 29 Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 17:59:10 )

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 17:59:52 )

Voltie — Princess Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 18:15:59 )
@Vontell: Follow the Figure.

Always ping me please.

Voltie — they/them Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 18:18:12 )
Sean, 25, they/them

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 18:52:15 )
@aliceinzombieland: While I appreciate the concern there's hardly time to stop! Hm...

Vontell sighs, unable to refuse the request, merely slowing himself instead as he leans in to allow you to check his eyes. On outer appearance you don't see anything wrong, but you do notice how badly he needs to squint to see you.

It's difficult to see... Everything seems more dark and blurry... My eyes and head are beginning to ache, as well. However, all things considered I'd say it's minor. I'm fine, I assure you.

He smiles gently. It's hard to tell if he's being honest with you or just trying to reassure you.

Donator — Anything Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/04/2 19:25:21 )

@Vontell:
She frowns, tapping her chin in thought while assessing Vontell's eyes.

When I was younger I used to have to squint a lot too to see anything. I'd get headaches from the strain on my eyes. My eyesight was pretty bad and I had to get glasses. It looks like whatever that thing was, its attack damaged your eyes. You may need glasses or it might just be temporary, but we're definitely going to want to get it checked out by a professional.

She sighs, struggling with what seems to be a very difficult decision.

Vivienne needs us, and I know how much it means to you to find her. But you're having trouble even seeing me, and I'm right next to you. With your eyesight damaged, you could miss a clue or react too late to an attack. We could lose the culprit altogether. With all this in mind, I think the best decision is....

She passes the light to someone else and takes Vontell's hand.

...that we'll have to be your eyes. Let us lead. You should let your eyes rest a little or you could do permanent damage to them. Focus on your other senses instead. Try and remember what the culprit smelled like, sounded like when they moved. Was there a chill in the air when they were present? We'll keep our eyes open for visual clues and you can keep your ears open for sounds. Leo can keep us on track following the goo and smelling them out. We're gonna get to the bottom of this.

Come on. Let's follow the Figure.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.