Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Mini Shops The Sandbox [Art] ⇒ Shop: CLOSED ⇄ Freebies: OPEN

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 12:33:46 )
@Lunakiri: I am supremely ashamed to admit that I have read the first two books in the twilight series. BUT in my defense, it was because I lived in a small town at the time they came out and, since I was seriously checking out between 10 and 20 books per week, they wanted my opinion on them and how age appropriate they were for teens.

Dowan: I uh...don't have friends. None that I could actually get to watch it with me for mocking anyway.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 12:38:25 )
That's a shame. I'd be down for watching it again just to laugh at it with you.

I actually watched the first Twilight because Mica wanted to see just how bad it was...

I never wanted Alucard back so badly in my life. Sparkling vampires shouldn't exist.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 12:41:43 )
Alucard! Or Lestat or Spike or literally any vampire who is actually a vampire and not some sparkly day-walking fairy leech fake vampire bullshit!

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 12:53:10 )
I didn't know who Lestat or Spike was before a quick google search, but Alucard is my jam. My first anime was Hellsing, and I don't regret it. Been meaning to watch Ultimate...

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 12:57:11 )
I totally grew up watching Buffy and reading the Anne Rice vampire books. Did actually watch some Hellsing in college, but I haven't seen it in ages! It was really good though and I wish I actually owned it so I could watch it more.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 12:59:01 )
Haha, I grew up on other stuff and was always sad I didn't get to watch Buffy. It seems like it was quite a show.

If you want to watch Hellsing again, they released a very high quality... remake, sort of, which more closely follows the manga. It's called Hellsing Ultimate and it's pretty new.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:00:42 )
I uh...never read the manga. And also don't have internet at home other than on my phone, which doesn't really do videos. At all. So I can't watch it.

Also, I LOVE the Buffy series (have it all on DVD), but I kind of hate what they did to Spike as a character. He had a lot of potential and they turned him into a lovesick puppy instead.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:09:22 )
I don't read manga either, but I find stuff that follows source material is usually more entertaining or executed in a more efficient manner. Full Metal Alchemist is one of my most hated anime. Brotherhood, on the other hand, is one of my favorites.

Man, I'll have to really give it a try at some point. Is it like Supernatural in a sense, if you've ever seen it?

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:22:24 )
@Dowan: FMA:B is fucking win.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:29:36 )
Ah...I've only seen maybe 2 episodes of Supernatural. So....a little yes and a little no? I don't really know much about Supernatural, so I could be totally wrong, but based on the episodes I saw, it tends to lean a little more towards actual scare/creepy light horror? Whereas Buffy is just good, lighthearted teenage slayer humor and, later young adult slayer attempting to juggle college, job, and slayage, while managing to throw in the occasional sad, brings you to tears moments on occasion. (There are legitimately 3 moments in the series that make me bawl like a baby every single time.)

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:35:37 )
@Lunakiri: You bet it is! That version of FMA is such a wild ride. Ties with Code Geass for my favorite anime.

@Kaderin Triste: Ah, I see. I'm not sure how I would take it then. Yeah, Supernatural is dark and more... adult I guess? There's some disturbing episodes and it's definitely not light-hearted.

I'd still be curious to see an ep though. I wonder if Netflix still has it and not on DVD only...

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:37:10 )
@Dowan: Supernatural.....
With the precursor of Xfiles XD
[Face it, they're pretty damned close to the same premise. XD]

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:40:45 )
@Dowan: I mean, Buffy does get a bit darker around season 4 or 5, but generally stays more light and humorous for the most part.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:50:46 )
@Lunakiri: I never watched X-files. 'Nother classic I've been curious about. D:

@Kaderin Triste: Ah, it might make for a fun time then. I do appreciate light-hearted stuff as well. Depends on my mood, really.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 13:53:39 )
@Dowan: It's on Canadian Netflix at least.
Probably on American as well.
My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:03:37 )
It should be. Hopefully.
:vanora_xd:

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:48:51 )
@Mica: It did not take long at all! XD I'm just excited for it regardless! It's lovely, so much personality and definitely screams "her"!

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:51:11 )
*rolls around in the sandbox*

Voltie — Princess Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/15 23:54:22 )
@okios: Hai there, come for some art? Or just a fun time? :vanora_smile:

Always ping me please.

Voltie — sewer rat Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/16 00:00:02 )
@saeyra: Omg I wish! I'm still recovering my volts from the event XD I can afford a fun time tho.

sayonara cheesecakes ( 0 ڡ≦)ゞ✩◄-gallery-►

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.