Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Artist Galleries Moody's Sketchbook|Updated: 8/10/22

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:20:13 )

Ha ha yeah I love going back to my old DeviantArt and just like... dying at my older stuff. It's all part of the process though. I actually wish I had access to some of my earlier artwork so I could really get cringey, but alas. It's lost forever.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:21:46 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: Honestly i think in the beginning of my so called art journey
I don't really think i was happy. At all. And I just tried to do things people liked.
But not what I liked. Plus during 2017 I did not even know fundamentals. So when I found out about them in 2018
I hit the books basically. I studied everything I could find on youtube, pinterest, wherever I could.
So maybe that has helped me a lot. Plus having some new and uplifting music helps too as I got into a new genre of music
and I feel it's actually been uplifting and more inspiring as silly as that sounds.

I always need help naming my characters. Since she is an Alien I wanted not a normal human name.
Maybe galaxy themed name or something. So your free to help me name her. Though i'll probably redraw her
and then you can see what name would fit her. I have so much character designing to do.

@Priestess of Pie: I've honestly thought of making a story line for her and maybe write a story of her
as i use to be a writer before an artist. So sometimes i just think of things for her and her backstory before bed a lot of times lol.

I honestly stopped comparing myself with others. I don't do it as much as I use to anymore because
I know they've worked for many years to get where the are at.
I think i mostly compare myself with my future self and where I want to be and why i'm not there yet lol.
Sounds silly.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:25:12 )

@MoodyBats: Heh. Honestly, I kinda thing it's better that you started without any information or whatever before finding the basics. It gives a bit more of a 'heyyy,. this'll help improve X thing!' or whatever. Instead of looking like a far too daunting task (like new things can be)

It Is definitely good that you're in a better place now, too~<3

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:25:42 )

@MoodyBats: No, I understand the impatience. Sometimes it's hard to set it aside and trust that you'll get there. The best thing to do though is to draw things you like, as you said. Draw things for you. Things that you enjoy. Things that inspire you. Even when they're not perfect (and honestly, who is) it's still important because you're taking a part of you and making something out of it. Frankly, that's magic.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:32:56 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: haha yeah that is very true.

Yeah. I mean i still have really bad depression that is going untreated.
But some days are a lot easier than others. :vanora_smile:

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah that is true.
I just want to paint SO bad. Like i have such a burning passion for painting digitally.
When i see vidoes of other people doing it, it makes me feel so inspired. I'm slowly trying to trust myself
and believe myself that I can do it. So i have to often repeat to myself "I can do this"
and it helps. Also drawing out thumbnails before starting a drawing really helps.

I want my art to inspire people or make people happy and like what I draw.
But i don't want to draw what people want me to draw but what i want to draw.
If that makes sense lol.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:36:05 )

@MoodyBats: It makes perfect sense! Just know that when you draw what you love, others will love it too! There's no pleasing everyone, but the people with tastes similar to yours will definitely pick up on it. Plus it just shows when you enjoy a work, vs when it just becomes.... work. Anyway, I think you're doing great and should keep it up! I'm not perfect either, but if there's ever anything I can do to help let me know.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:37:28 )

@MoodyBats: You really should have that treated/get the help you need, if only just to make it easier on you.

♯ Lay on a field of green | with Mother Eve | with Father Pine reaching high | Look at yourself in the eyes of aye-aye | Unfolding rendezvous ♯

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:40:59 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: I would if I could.
It's not really possible right now unfortunately due to money issues
and insurance issues.

@Priestess of Pie: Thank you i will.
I couldn't stop making art even if I tried lol.
I love it too much.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:43:51 )

@MoodyBats: Oh geez, that is so not cool =(
The only other thing I can think of, is find people online, a community, where others can help/relate/whatever would help. (I'm actually not sure myself) until you CAN get the professional help that you may need.

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:45:36 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: Yeah, my family needs so much help
but we just can't afford it.
But I'm okay. I kinda feel sometimes putting myself in a big project helps at times.

Though once I can afford it i definitely will get the help I need.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:53:40 )

@MoodyBats: At least you're willing.
That's a pretty big thing, I think. So that's a good thign~<3

And if projects help, then perhaps inktober will be wonderful for you~<333

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/24 23:58:05 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: I remember one time I went to a councilor. Where i go for my birth control
they actually check up on patients and talk for a bit. Especially those who have anxiety or depression.
I EXPLODED. I bottle a lot of emotions up and i just cried so hard and long. and then took a long nap when i got home lol.

Yeah i feel it might be really good for me. Sometimes i think i need to challenge and occupy myself.
So it might actually be really good for me who knows.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:00:26 )

@MoodyBats: Sounds like you needed that release.
Did you feel better afterward? I would be surprised if you didn't.

And yesss
Although, I've got a thread for a 50 design challenge if you wanted somethign with no time limit or something after inktober =)

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:10:40 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: I did and didn't.
It felt good to say it but at the same time it didn't solve the problem.

I'll definitely check it out.
I feel i need to do many challenges. :vanora_xd:

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:14:41 )

@MoodyBats: That's fair.
At least it wasn't all bad.

And please do!
I'm actualyl really enjoying watching the other people doin' 'em. I hadn't expected to get nearly as big as it did XD

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:25:04 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: true. It wasn't really bad at all.
I did feel good. then grabbed a donut and coffee and went home
and napped. So it wasn't too bad of a day.

Awesome I'll definitely give it a shot. :vanora_sun:

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:35:43 )

@MoodyBats: Hah, noms and naps. Sounds like a decent way to spend some time~<3

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:44:24 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: haha yeah. whenever we go shopping with my grandmother depending
on the time we grab something to eat and by the time we get home i am about ready for a nap
or sleep in general lol.

Donator — Female Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 00:45:39 )

@MoodyBats: ZzzzZzzzZzzzzzzzZzZzZzzzzzZzzzzzZzz
Best feeling. XD

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

Voltie — Moody Posted 5 years ago ( 2019/09/25 01:02:46 )
Batsy Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Amber Lynne: haha for real.
My grandma definitely needs a break. She wants to take me and my sis shopping soon.
She needs a big break as she's been dealing with a lot of drama from my grandfather's surgery.
Not from him personally but the doctors and such as my grandpa has been in a lot of pain.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.