Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts .:: ♡ Közi’s Magical Sweets Shoppe ♡ ::.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/7 22:44:05 )

@Kozi: Thank you very much. That means a lot to me. I'm honestly hoping it's just a mistake. How could they not cover life saving surgery? It's not like a small arthritis wrist surgery. My mom will die without this. And stressing her out with this is not good for her heart.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 06:49:40 )

@Wildfire: Working on my online store a lot, mostly. And trying to keep as chill as possible.
Hasn't been working very well. I'm still in relative isolation, as well.
Are you working? Or still quarantined?

@Totalanimefan: Yes, that does seem a bit inhumane. But the medical field is pretty brutal sometimes, in terms of what is covered and what isn't.
Still, though, I hope it's just an error on their part.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 07:07:59 )

@Kozi: my mom said she will find out tomorrow. I’ll let you know when I know.

Donator — 0% Edible Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 11:42:08 )
Leave him alone

Good morning folks.

he\'s a harmful old man

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 13:29:14 )
@Kozi: Many of our local lock-down restrictions have been lifted to some degree at this point, fortunately. The full lock-down measures were taking a toll on my sanity for a while there, which was surprising to me, given how much I usually like being alone. At the end of the day, we are sociable beings, though (I personally despise the term "social distancing" - we ARE sociable; it's partly how our species survived through the centuries, and particularly during crisis, we need to come together on a socially interactive level. What we need(ed?) to do was physical distance and be smart about not contaminating each other), so my little rant aside, the lack of social interaction having a negative effect on a lot of us is not really surprising when you stop and think about it. Being able to get out even just a little bit more than the absolute sheer life-supporting necessities has helped more than I expected. And avoiding the constant bombardment from our sensationalized news outlets :/ What are you doing to try to stay chill - anything specific?

So tell me about your online store - that's a good thing to be working on! What kind of stuff do you do? How has the shop been doing?

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 13:37:13 )
@Totalanimefan: Oh hey! I read back a bit and OMG, Wow - that sucks! I really hope your mom gets the care she needs and that an answer comes very quickly! Waiting and not knowing has got to be torturous! I'm so sorry!

I'm not sure what's going on with insurance these days! In a similar example to yours, Total, an insulin-dependent friend recently told me that her insurance company was refusing to pay for her insulin. I know she got it sorted out, but I'm not sure if it was through an appeals process with the insurance company or if she switched to her husband's insurance. Regardless, the fact that the insurance companies are even trying to refuse care like this is absolutely astounding...

Best of luck to you and Mom (& whole family) <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 18:06:49 )

@Wildfire: thank you it really is awful pandemic is pretty much the only thing that would be able to keep me from going because if it was money I could just borrow money or if it was that I couldn’t fly I could just drive. But the situation is I feel like I can’t possibly travel because I’m far away from my mom, without giving her coronavirus the risk is just too high in the US.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 18:07:17 )

And as for the insurance thing hopefully will hear back about today and hopefully it will be just a mistake. At first I thought my mom went to the hospital itself wasn’t covered under insurance but she said just a surgery which doesn’t seem possible.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 18:20:12 )
@Totalanimefan: Yes, that seems odd to say the least. What's the point in covering the hospital stay if the reason for being there isn't being covered? And why isn't that being covered anyway? Or are they expecting some "miracle" treatment or cure? It doesn't make any sense.

And oh yeah - you being across the country from her right now has got to be tough, but yes, especially if she's already in that health situation, you don't want to be 'sharing germs' of any kind.

Hang tough, Total - hopefully your family will get the answers you need soon! <3

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/9 20:55:16 )

@Wildfire: Yeah exactly. She will die without this surgery.
Yeah she would die if she got Coronavirus. She has been very good about working from home, not going out and washing the stuff that comes into the house.
Thank you. No word yet today.

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:09:30 )
@Totalanimefan: Well, let's hope you get word very soon!

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:20:47 )

@Wildfire: I'm almost ashamed to say that I needed the relative social isolation.
I needed to decompress a little bit. Social anxiety is a bi**** that way. :/
The only thing that sucks about it, is that everyone did it too. XDD;;
So stuff like food and whatnot were harder to get.

As for my online store, I'm not allowed to link it here, but it's going pretty well. :3
CV-19 slowed down most, if not all, of my suppliers, though.
So, right now I'm relying heavily on two suppliers, and they're quite expensive. :/
Hopefully when the world picks up a bit more, it will be better.
But it gives a lot of time now, to do the tedious stuff like setup and design-work.

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:21:44 )

@Totalanimefan: Sending out good thoughts for you and your Mom.
I hope you guys are able to hear some good news soon.

Donator — She/her Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:30:05 )

@Kozi: Thank you so much. That means a lot to me.
@Wildfire: Thanks. I just texted my mom to ask if she heard anything today.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:34:39 )
@Kozi: Oh, I completely needed to decompress too! After a while, though...
Well, I'm sorry to hear you're having supply issues. It seems to be the ongoing theme these days. It's good to be able to sit and focus on the tedious aspects of an endeavor like that, though, so that's good.

@Totalanimefan: *crosses fingers*

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:44:54 )

@Totalanimefan: Anytime.
My stepdad was waiting on results on really bad kidney stones up until recently,
so I can understand the stress somewhat. ;_;
*sends lots of hugs*

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:49:33 )

@Wildfire: Yup yup! Right now it's a lot of sample fabric and good ordering, and waitinggggggg
Oh god, the waiting. x_x;; BUT at least it's something.
Normally my work schedule doesn't allow very much free time at all, so I had to do all of this now.
At least then, by the time I go back into work, I'll have this bit of it already going. :3

*sips his coffee*
Fiddling around with a new avatar already. XD
But I love the idea behind this one, so I don't want to change it. :<

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 00:53:53 )
@Kozi: LOL. Oh yeah - waiting can be very difficult, especially when you're excited about something and just want to get it done .......... and can't because waiting. But if the foundation of the project is there, it should be easier to put everything together later.

I like your current av. It's certainly appropriate for June! Sometimes it's hard not fiddling with the wardrobe, though. Like you, I'm messing with a new av too, but also like the one I currently have. *shrugs*

Donator — Fluffywuff Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 01:06:06 )

@Wildfire: Yup! I made sure he was dressed for the occasion. XD;;
Especially since life will be much harder when I go back to work.
One of my a*****le coworkers outed me as intersexed to the whole group, so now I get THAT to deal with. :/
This area is uh... slightly behind the times, if you get my meaning. So it ended up being the latest news. ._.;;
My online store kept me busy and from thinking too much, which is blessed at this point.

I really like your avatar! You always come up with some really nice ones. :3
Are you excited for the IRL stores to open up more?

Oh my love, I know you are my candyman
And oh my love, let us fly to bounty land~~

Közi (“Kouji.”)
He/him

Voltie Posted 4 years ago ( 2020/06/10 01:19:55 )
@Kozi: Oh good grief. I'd love to say "I can't believe you have to deal with somebody outing you", but ... I can. And that's unfortunate. Some people are just so limited in their understanding of the world! Others have Zero discretion or brain-to-mouth filter --in general, or as a reaction to (what they perceive as a) shocking revelation of some kind-- but it sucks for those caught in the cross-fire of their ... lack. I'm sorry, hon {{hugs}}
┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.