Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2017 The Reaping Ritual (FAQ)

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 06:21:34 )

“...”

“...”

“...oh. Oh! Um, er, hi! That is, h-hello! I’m the Reaper! O-or, well, I’m a reaper, I g-guess? My name is T-Trick. It’s, um, it’s n-nice to meet you!”

“...”

“You, um. You wouldn’t h-happen to be willing to help me out w-with something, would y-you? See there’s this b-book. Or, um, there was t-this book, see, one of the b-best I’ve ever seen even, but, um, t-there isn’t now and it’s a-all my fault and I’ve ruined everything and T-treat is never going to forgive me and--...Oh, s-souls, I should start from t-the beginning.”

“S-see, there’s this ritual, r-right? We’ve done it for c-centuries now, and it h-helps fuel our magic and k-keep the balance, so it’s important! It’s an exchange between me and this w-witch, Treat, okay, and I had my half of the e-xchange, I did, I swear! It w-was a book, a magic book, and it w-was going to be p-p-perfect! Only...Only I l-left it when I w-was working, and when I came back, the book was gone!”

“That’s not even the w-worst part! W-whoever took the book used it to s-summon these...these imps! And I t-think they tore the book apart, because I’ve been finding scattered p-p-pages! I have to find all the pages and put the book back together so we c-can finish the ritual! W-will you help me f-find them? I can r-reward you!”

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 06:22:17 )
Welcome to the 2017 Voltra Reaping Ritual celebration! It’s that time of year again. The time when Trick, the reaper, swings down his scythe to prepare the realms for the colder months. But fear not, Treat, the witch, will ensure everyone has plentiful food and goodies to partake in during this trying time. Each year, citizens of the realms celebrate the well-known Reaping Ritual between Trick and Treat. Every reaping, both immortal beings exchange gifts to one another as proof of maintaining the balance of comfort and mischief. Only, this year, things seem to be amiss between Trick and Treat. It’s up to Volties to make things right again by collecting the pages of the tattered book to right the wrongs between these immortal beings. Gathering the pages will yield you limited-time items available in the Event Shop during this time. What are you waiting for? Get going!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 06:22:35 )
Frequently Asked Questions

How long is The 2017 Reaping Ritual?
★ The event will run from October 20 until November 3. Currency will stop dropping after November 4, but the event shop will allow purchase of items through November 5 for Volties to have enough time to buy any remaining limited-time items. This should give you two weeks to apply to the existing contests, grab limited-time event items, and enjoy the free use of our event forum.

Where can I get the event items?
★ Event items will be available for special currency only available during this event in the Joyful Jamboree!

Special currency?
★ The special currency for this event is ripped spellbook pages. Chat about for the pages to drop and collect enough so you can exchange the pages for event items.
★You gain a random amount of Lost Pages per post as follows within:
Event Forum: 3-5 Lost Pages
Arcade: 30% chance of finding 1 Page
Everywhere else: 1-5 pages

How many contests can I participate in?
★ You can participate in any and all of the contests being run for this event, as many as you feel comfortable with. Some contests allow several attempts--be sure you read the contest threads fully so you know how many submissions you can make!

How long will event items be available?
★ Event items will leave stores on November 6th.

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 06:23:00 )
Event Items

Joyful Jamboree is the newest addition to Voltra's shopping strip!
The owner is Violet, but sadly she has fell ill so her brother, Virgil, try's his best to keep it up and running.
They've teamed up with Trick to provide rewards when you exchange lost pages!

Each item comes in 5 recolors! When you purchase one item you'll get the other 4 along with it, how exciting!

Npc — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 06:26:42 )

Before time itself, two beings always were. Perfect and delicious, clad in the sweetest of garments, a witch aptly known as Treat, watched over the land during the time of the Reaping ensuring those would not go without sustenance during the dark, cold months to come. Opposite her in all his dastardly and mischievous splendor was a reaper called Trick. Though Treat would be trusted to keep the land plentiful, it was Trick’s duty to keep the atmosphere sinister and foreboding. For no Reaping would be a reaping without Trick, the reaper, swinging his scythe across the land to freeze it for the months to come.

To those presently living in the realms, the balance of Trick and Treat is known as “The Reaping Ritual.” It is common knowledge to those in all the realms that each year Trick and Treat bequeath gifts to one another as a display of the balance between them. This balance is proof that neither has dominion over the lands and that they maintain a neutrality between them when it comes to their duties as guardians of the Reaping. The two of them quietly even consider it a friendship.

On a night not so long ago this year, Trick came upon an abandoned house. In that house was an ancient text with pages tattered from eons of wear and tear. Trick pried the book from its dusty slumber and thumbed through its contents. It didn’t take him long to realize that this was a spellbook, and one that countless witches over time had likely possessed and used. Something like this would definitely be a fitting gift for Treat.

Although as the Reaping drew nearer, an ominous presence lurked in the shadows. As Trick began his surveying of the lands for reaping, the unknown enemy crept into his lair, stole the book he had procured as a present for Treat, and made off with it into the night.

“N-n-no! W-wait!” Trick stammered, chasing after the shadow. The enemy rapidly flipped through the book’s tattered pages, frantically searching for a spell. After chanting a few incantations, a flash of green light engulfed Trick’s enemy and disappeared as quickly as it had appeared. Suddenly, dozens of imps burst forth from the same spot and caused Trick to lose sight of his enemy. They all fought for the book at once, tearing and scattering its ancient pages in a frenzy. The more Trick tried to chase them down and regain the pages, the more and more they spread.

Worst of all, the Reaping was tomorrow, and Trick had no gift to exchange with Treat.

The next evening at twilight, Treat awaited her frantic friend under the largest, gnarliest maple tree in all the realms--the annual meeting place for their ritual.

“H-hello, T-T-T-Treat,” Trick stuttered as he climbed the hill to the tree. He was clammier than usual, but Treat did not notice anything amiss as the reaper normally had trouble with words unless he was taken over by the madness of his task.

“Trick, it is good to see you,” Treat spoke in her calm, dignified tone. “I trust your scythe is ready for its upcoming task? I have already made the necessary preparations to ensure all the citizens in the realms will be well fed this season.”

Trick began to quiver, eyeing the long object Treat held under her cloak. He could only wonder what amazing gift she had brought for him this year. As if reading his mind, Treat pulled forth the concealed gift--a shining, glinting blade to replace Trick’s current scythe. Reflected in its metal was the nebula of the beyond. Trick felt as if he would faint.

“I-I-I don’t have anything f-for you, Treat,” he managed. Treat raised a brow at his uttered words. “I-I’m sorry.” He hung his head, cloak covering his face from Treat. Her stare pierced through him even though his eyes did not meet hers.

“But this is our tradition, Trick. Why would you forget something we have done for centuries?”

Trick opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead a hesitant, high-pitched laugh slipped from his mouth which angered Treat almost instantaneously.

“How could you do this to me?!” she shrieked, hurling her gift into the tree’s bark. It buried itself deep in the trunk of the tree.

Losing his control to the madness dwelling within him, Trick began to panic, trying to fight against the other half of himself. “No--it wasn’t meant to be this way, I swear it. They came and stole it--”

“You will NEVER trick me again!” Treat bellowed. Before she could close her mouth, Treat disappeared in a large cloud of purple smoke. Trick coughed and gasped, heaving the vapor into his lungs which sent a terrible heat coursing through his chilly veins. Before he realized it, his entire body felt as if it were on fire, and the hot feeling made him feel as if he were melting from the inside out.

Treat had cursed him for betraying their friendship, and Trick had no way of telling her the truth now. All he could do was attempt to collect all the scattered pages of the spellbook the imps had spread throughout the lands. However, moving just a step caused the fiery feeling to reignite over and over in Trick’s body. He was never going to be able to regain the book’s pages in his current, cursed state.
Trick made his way to the nearest city, Voltra, seeking help. If citizens of Voltra could find the pages of the book for him to reassemble it for Treat, perhaps their friendship could be saved. “H-help me, good f-friends,” Trick called, looking for any Volties to aid him in his nearly-impossible task. “I p-promise, I will make it worth your w-while.”

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 07:46:05 )
Oh my goodness! Of course we'll help!

Voltie — moo Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 07:59:36 )
How could someone say no to Trick asking for help? :vanora_shock: Volties to the rescue!

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:05:37 )
Oh my, poor trick. I will of course help you find the pages to the book. I just hope those imps know what they are in for.
Let's save trick everyone.

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:07:09 )
Absolutely! Let's go volties! We can save trick!!

Donator — Cat Lady Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:14:20 )
Oh yay, new items!

Donator — He Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:17:25 )
Yesss an event

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:20:18 )
I really need some items for my avi, hopefully I can earn all of tricks.

Voltie — Tenno Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:24:24 )
Aw! I'll help you cutie pie!
Please ping me to get my attention

Pixel art by me
Click here for my twitter and other things.

Donator — Female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 08:45:58 )

Oh my, more pages in event forum!

Voltie — She/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:20:47 )
THIS EVENT IS AWESOME!!! I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE HALLOWEEN STUFF!!!!!

Voltie — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:32:21 )

meanwhile, Virgil's shop...

Voltie — She/They Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:45:37 )
Aw, don't worry Trick. I'll do my best to find all of the pages I can~
★~~Questing~~★

Donator — A.I. Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 09:56:59 )

So excited to grab these event items amg! And maybe I'll have time to enter any contests that pop up this time around. RIP

[ often multitasking unsuccessfully ] | [ I may take a while to respond, but haven't forgotten you! ♥ ]
qu'est-ce que tu vas chercher?

Voltie — Sha/female Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 17:00:39 )
Ghost are you saying Virgil is putting stuff in a free box of trick and treats? Because I don't believe it!
Currently recovering from large amounts of PTSD. I'll post when I can, please ping for replies. Things are very difficult for me right now.

Voltie — he/him Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/10/21 17:31:30 )
@Shadami: More like he's running his shop on a sloppy honours system right now c; Pretty sure Trick wouldn't be too happy seeing that~
later.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.