Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/28 00:43:03 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

With the end of the year coming to a close, how did your 2023 go? Did you like how your year went? If not what do you want to accomplish in 2024?

I accomplished pretty much nothing lol.
But I did however lose a few pounds and cook 2 recipes. But wasn't a good year for my art.

For 2024 my goal is to lose the rest of the pudge I have and build a strong portfolio for better jobs to support my family.

Donator — He/They Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/29 02:12:37 )

Ehh. I feel like I've been slowly crawling my way through limbo for years now, one step forward and two steps back, always waiting on somebody to do their job/fulfill their end of the deal, so on and so forth... and this year has been no different. I was really hoping for better.

Been in a lot of pain, so still haven't been able to work, so money is tighter than ever, so there are a lot of things we couldn't do or fix. Supposed to get on a new medication, but my doctors don't seem to know how to communicate with each other or with me, and I've been waiting for weeks--and now that it's that stupid Xmas/New Year's "holiday block", I'll probably be waiting another week still just to find out what my next step is. Meanwhile, my symptoms just keep getting worse.

On the bright side, Medicaid was recently expanded, so at least now I can have some sort of coverage for at least some of the myriad things I have to constantly deal with. Not the aforementioned necessary and life-saving medication, of course... but most of the other things, including things I couldn't get financial assistance for before, so maybe next year I can finally get some new contacts or even go to the dentist.

I also lost some of the weight I'd been hoping but previously unable to lose. Even if it was only due to being sick, I guess I'll take it. Still have 10-20 lbs to go and am far from being "in shape", but one step at a time. If I ever finally get on new meds and they work, I'd like to start getting some exercise again.

Haven't done hardly anything in terms of hobbies or work around the house. Just haven't felt good enough to tackle it. But I am hopeful for next year and have plenty of projects waiting for me to begin.

We cooked a whole Thanksgiving dinner this year, even so it was just me and my housemate and our cats. It was a pain in the ass, and our oven broke immediately afterward so we haven't been able to use it ever since and can't afford to fix it... but the food turned out great and was definitely worth the suffering. :^) It was my first time trying "real" cranberry sauce (though I still like the canned jelly kind ngl).

Also got some trick-or-treaters for Halloween, which was nice, since we only got one last year and none the year before that. Depending on what everyone's schedule and budget is looking like by next year, I would really like to invite a couple of our friends/family and have a small party. Everyone we know lives hundreds of miles away, so it's a long shot, but if I'm well enough and able to start working again, it's on my "maybe" list. Same goes for Christmas, if we can manage it. I'd love to do both, but I'd take either one.

I guess my main goal is just to keep crawling along and see some kind of progress, hopefully more than I saw this year.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/29 16:05:12 )
I didn't do a lot... but I did do little things. I also went through a lot of PT to keep my legs moving so there is that.

My goals for 2024 is to try to do better with my mental health, walk everyday and join a sit and be fit like type class, and maybe lose a few pounds.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 4 months ago ( 2023/12/31 01:49:29 )
Hopefully, everyone will have a good/better 2024.
2023 for me started crazy with a minor car accident, mind you I am still recovering from past car accident of 2017 and 2023 ended with 2 deaths of family members this month, within 2 weeks of each other. However, everything in between has been strange, but not much complaint. I have not made any plans nor goals for 2024

I'll be slow to respond for this month𓃵
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/5 03:34:19 )
I like reading everyone's recap. ^^'

My 2023 was a rough ride. :T
adjusted to having a third child, 8 years younger than my other two.
Got pretty close to divorcing my husband..
worked a few different jobs to keep the bills paid and my mom's bills paid.
uhhhm- had a falling out with my family since it was a "choose your husband or us" kinda situation. =3=

*on the positive side, I enjoyed all the jobs I had through 2023. I met a lot of new people and I love that. The turmoil of my life made me appreciate the littler things more. I read a lot of books.
Topped the year off by getting 2 new puppies. XDD and 7 chickens [well 5 now- 2 died from said puppies]

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/6 01:14:31 )
November 2017 - February 2018
Eh... 2023 was a really bad year for me personally. Between my dad having multiple surgeries, family drama, someone who was like family to me committing suicide and me having to switch therapists twice... I'm just so glad its over. Although I managed to lose a small amount of weight in the beginning of the year, I gained everything back plus a few extra pounds by the middle of the year and haven't been able to lose it again.

I haven't really made any resolutions for this year yet since I almost never stick to them. But I'm just hoping 2024 is better. Getting back into my writing would be nice though, so maybe I'll channel some of my energy into that?

Voltie — Moody Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/6 01:20:47 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

so sorry I haven't gotten to reply, I came down with a very bad sinus cold.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/6 16:08:17 )
@MoodyB: viruses have been going around like mad over here too.
I hope you feel better soon.
Lots of tea and rest! <3

Donator — Cat Mama Posted 4 months ago ( 2024/01/6 20:34:02 )
November 2017 - February 2018
@moodyb: Aww no! I'm so sorry to hear that. I hope you're feeling a little better now at least?

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.