Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy October!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 23:23:17 )

Happy October 2023!

Fall is in full swing and it's time to enjoy how beautiful it is outdoors this month. What do you want to do this month? Any plans? Goals for yourself? Feelings about October? What are you looking forward to?

Share your October feelings and plans here with us!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/1 23:29:55 )

This month I'm going home to Florida for 10 days or so. I'm going to see friends and my Dad, who is going better each day but isn't fully recovered yet.

October is normally a good month for me. I do miss summer, but that's what I spend Sept thinking about haha. I do like Halloween although I liked it more as a kid. October is like the start of a countdown in a way. The rest of the year until Jan 1st is just going to fly by. So many events and celebrations to be had.

My family lives apart, so normally with my Mom and my sister we all come together for Thanksgiving and then celebrate Christmas on the Saturday after. It does feel a little rushed, but it's too expensive to meet in person for both holidays. This year my sister already lives with me and my Mom is coming up. What that has to do with October is I have to finish my list by the 31st so my fam can get my gifts and vice versa.

I also try to get out for walks or hikes, or anything outdoors like eating outside done in October while I can. Sometimes November is still nice enough but depending on where you live it's the last bit of outdoor stuff until the Spring. Last year I went for a hike with my husband in Rock Creek Park and it was beautiful!

The house is coming together slowly and I think this month will make a big difference. The rug has been ordered and should arrive sometime this month.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 01:37:49 )

It was a little on the hot side when we went to the dog park. It was 81 here too. But I just thought it's probably the last 81 degree day until like May. I just enjoy that it is the last one even if it was a little hot today.

That sounds like a ton of fun. I haven't carved a pumpkin in years but I do enjoy it. Last year I got little pumpkins and placed them around the house because I thought they were very cute. I might do that again this year.

Voltie Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 07:05:46 )
Right now, I'm just trying to keep myself straight, and slowly get ready for Nekocon.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 14:26:47 )

@onsenmark: those are good goals. My goal last month was to relax/chill after a very stressful August and July.

Voltie — she/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 15:26:49 )

Happy Octoberrrrrrr!!

I plan to GO OUTSIDE because it is no longer 107° (41°) out!!

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 17:55:34 )
Totalanimefan:

@FUZZY: Yes my sister and I do walk him a lot. I learned that it's better to work their brains. That's how you really tire them out.
@Qiqi Agatha: Hey Happy October!

Good Morning and Happy October!

My love and I bought a big pumpkin and a bouque of orange Chrysanthemums yesterday. I'm planning to make more Fall and Halloween art for this month. Also, do some baking of pumpkin cupcakes. Later on this month, my friend and I are doing some Halloween Wizard/Witch Event

I'll be slow to respond for this week

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 18:15:00 )

@Qiqi Agatha: that sounds so cute! I saw pumpkins at the farmers market for the first time this season. They were cute. Maybe I’ll get one next weekend.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 18:41:53 )
Yes, @Totalanimefan: the pumpkins make it feel so Fall officially

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 18:52:30 )

@Qiqi Agatha: yeah it does! Does the weather near you feel fall-like yet? It was here but this week we are back in the low 80’s. Which I guess I don’t mind. It will be the last bit of weather in the 80’s until probably May. Which feels very weird to say. May seems forever away from now.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/2 22:32:15 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Florida has been super hot but we are finally no longer in the 90s anymore!

I am so excited for general halloween stuff- I've gone to HHN like 6 times already and I am going to the sea world version this friday! I also start my new role next week (its kinda why ive been MIA I've been doing so many extra things at work and interviews to get the promotion lol)

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/3 02:15:43 )
It did @Totalanimefan: this weekend, when it rained on Saturday. It's starting to do it's Fall(ness) by being kind of warm during the day and cold at night. However, it's supposed to be hot this weekend

That's warm for your guys Fall. I guess Summer is not ready to leave yet

Voltie Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/3 08:08:00 )
I'm just happy fall has finally come. Now I can walk outside for more than fifteen minutes without wondering why I am melting.
See what conventions I'll be at next

Final Fantasy XV: Worst. Bachelor Party. EVER.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/3 17:15:44 )

@Spider: awesome. I can’t wait for the nicer weather when I go to Orlando this year. Every year my friends want to go in Sept and I’m like it’s too hot bro and I’m from this state. Last year it was 94 in Disney lol.
80’s I can deal with.

I’m so excited for you for your new role! I’m sure you will do great!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/3 17:18:19 )

@onsenmark: that part is very nice. I like that it’s still warm but cooler and we can have lots of nice walks while the leaves are still on the trees.

@Qiqi Agatha: it’s funny we are having the opposite weather. It’s warm here but this weekend we are getting a cold front. And it will really be like the first cold of the season in my opinion. The high for Sunday is suppose to only be like 65 and the low 50. And a little bit colder than that on Monday. Have you been able to get out of the house and enjoy it?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/3 19:53:26 )
What..!? That's crazy and you are correct @Totalanimefan: about our weather switching. Yes, I've been out of the house and been enjoying it, even though the colder weather has triggered my back injury pain. I've been spending lots of time with my middle sister and cousin

Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/4 13:46:00 )
I am looking forward to the color chaging of the trees... a fair amount oif it is already happening, and the smell of leaves on the ground after a good rain... I just love fall. Only thing I hate is knowing that soon after the snow will fall and I dislike snow and ice(it's hard for me to walk on.)

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/4 18:17:55 )

@Qiqi Agatha: I’m sorry your back hurts. Mine was hurting last week and it sucks so much. Does it hurt cause it’s too cold out? You could try wearing layers outside.

@Delightfully: they are always so good! I’m loving your current avatar! Great color combo. :)

@AlexiAkira: is your house looking spooky yet? Mine isn’t but I should get on that. I have to unpack a little more first.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/4 18:20:50 )

@macsen191: yes that’s what I dislike about fall. Winter is just around the corner with those cold and dark days. (Plus ice and wet). No greenery either.

But back to fall, I do like to see the leaves change. It’s super pretty! They haven’t really started here. I would say like 99% green. The tops of one of the types of cherry blossom trees near me are changing at the top but other trees are still very green. Which I like cause that means less time with the leaves bare.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 months ago ( 2023/10/4 18:54:43 )

@Delightfully: now that you say it I can totally see winter elements in my avatar. Maybe that means I should change it since it’s October lol

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.