Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Weekend Plans - New weekend, new plans

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/27 23:00:22 )

@Qiqi Agatha: she has to get her license first, so she doesn't have a job lined up.
That's awesome! If you wanted to share some pics of the poppies, I wouldn't mind ^^

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 00:38:46 )
@Totalanimefan: Anime tie-ins in music? Now I'm pretty curious and will probably give them a listen over the weekend lol. Some anime songs are absolute fire and I'll play them from time to time.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 14:31:30 )

@Aisukohi: Yeah they do a lot of opening themes. The first time I heard them was in 2014 listening to an anime opening my husband was watching.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 17:28:09 )
    @Qiqi Agatha: I like the fake Coachella idea, haha. How were the poppies?

I'm just going to be casually job-hunting, and maybe go out on a date with my partner. They wanted to start mapping out all the comic cons/conventions that are scheduling soon and I thought visiting one of the borough food festivals would be exciting.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 17:55:53 )

That sounds like fun. I'm headed to NYC for Pokemon GO Fest in late Aug. Looking forward to it. I was in NYC last in June 2022.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 18:31:03 )
@Totalanimefan: These gif pictures below↓ are from 2 weeks ago when I went before. I'll try to upload from this past weekend later on this week.

@blue: The poppies were magical and the temperature was perfect, especially since it's in the dessert area. Share gif pictures of them below↓. Hopefully, you can do Fake Coachella for this weeken

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 18:35:25 )

@Qiqi Agatha: Oh pretty! They are everywhere. Good blooms this year.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 18:39:07 )
Yes, @Totalanimefan: I also have been seeing them people's garden this year too

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 18:50:05 )
    @Totalanimefan: Ohh, that sounds exciting. I was last in NYC just to eat some dim sum with visiting family. I don't go into the city often, and I don't know that my partner is interested in Pokemon. Even so, I hope you have a blast!
    I'm going to try and pick a weekend to head into the Bronx for some restaurants I bookmarked.

@Qiqi Agatha: Thank you for the pictures, it looks like a really lovely experience.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/28 19:11:54 )

@Qiqi Agatha: It's always nice to go for a neighborhood walk and you see all the beautiful flowers!

@blue: Dim Sim is amazing! I went to a place in Chinatown in 2017 and had the worst food poisoning of my life. The place closed down months later. Now I'm like afraid to go to ones that are newer. If it was like Ding Tai Fung I would go (I did in 2018 in San Jose, but I was scared XD)
Oh let me know that's good! I might go to the Bronx went I'm there since the park is Randall's Island!

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/04/29 02:09:39 )
Hmmm, weekend plans for this weekend...not much, really.

Will probably have a mostly lazy day at home tomorrow. Should get some laundry done. On Sunday I planned on going around certain pet stores in the area to look for a specific brand of cat food for my cat. The two closest stores say they probably won't get it in until Monday, but Mondays are always stupid busy for me. So hoping a store closer to town will have a bag. I'm not opposed to trying a new brand, but at the same time, we have a coupon for this brand. ^^; Other than that, no idea what I'm doing this weekend. I should probably read a little. Haven't done that in ages.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/1 14:34:28 )

@Aisukohi: You could try ordering it from Chewy? That's what I always did for my dog's RX food. They have lots of different kinds. I also still buy my cat food from there. I still have to run a load of laundry lol

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/1 14:34:44 )

Weekend Summary:

I had a pretty good weekend. Played some more Sun Haven but with the controller bugs, I only play it like 1-2 hours at a time. My sister and her dog are coming tonight. So I finally had the mental energy to get rid of the stuff that was my dog's (Pinto). He passed away near Thanksgiving but I just couldn't touch his stuff for a while. After I cleaned out his old crate cause I found the cat had peed in it (I think he was confused cause I moved his litter to my bathroom) I went to close the crate and the plastic handle broke off. I was upset, but then I called my husband and we both said it was time to get rid of it. So I did. I also emptied out his food container and cleaned it. I threw the food away cause it was a special medicated food and was probably exp by now.

Outside of the house I met a new friend who is Japanese but living in DC for work right now. We chatted for hours both in Japanese and English. It was a ton of fun. I just love speaking Japanese even though I'm not the best at it haha. She thought that my Japanese was pretty good for only studying it at University for two years. ^^ I thought her English was great. ^^
Then I played Community Day in Pokemon and then I went and had a girls night with some friends and that was fun. We went to a Caribbean restaurant. I hadn't been to one of those since I lived in FL. It was good. A friend got the Snapper and I tried it and honestly it was one of the freshest fish I've ever had at a restaurant. It literally tasted like the one's I would catch with my dad and eat that night.

Then on Sunday I cleaned the house very throughly. And watched the Miami Heat playoff game. We won! Yay. Then called my husband and sister while they were driving.

TL;DR Cleaned, hung out with friends and relaxed a bit.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 21:02:32 )
@Totalanimefan: Here are more animated pictures of the poppies from last weekend below↓
It is nice that I can walk around in my neighbor and it's semi safe
@blue: Your welcome. More pictures of the poppies from last weekend below↓

Weekend Plans: I'm going to a family friend's to celebrate their birthday and spend Sunday doing my best to organize the place and look into security cameras. Happy Weekend everyone!

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 21:19:07 )

@Qiqi Agatha: Sounds like a fun weekend haha

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/5 21:24:04 )
Thank you @Totalanimefan: I've been going out a little bit more
Have a good weekend if I go a little m.i.a. this weekend

Donator — She/her Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/7 19:41:53 )

@Qiqi Agatha: Me too. The weather has been nice.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 12 months ago ( 2023/05/9 01:02:06 )
@Totalanimefan: that's good. It is slowly getting warmer over here, despite us receiving rain this past Wednesday
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.