Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat January in Review

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 17:43:32 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah the family is alright. they are annoying and insufferable but at the same time lovable! oh yeah I can imagine a 3.5% increase is an insane increase when you were planning on spending a few hundred less. thankfully you guys have some room!

YES! no news is good news!!!!!!!!!! of course we would all love to always have good news but in an unfair life if there is nothing negative or sad going on, baby it is nice to have NOTHING but your usual schedule!

we getting play winter down here. it's like 40 something with cold rain and will be for a week or so. the weahter has been changing like underpants down here.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 22:56:07 )

@macsen191: That is a lot going on. I hope that 2023 is a year of healing for you.

@Fellowsheep: I moved in Feb while it was snowing. Not fun lol. Congrats on your move.
I think I am going to try and stick to what I said and not try to save money. I have to remember that I'm working full-time now and time is money. If I do it all myself I have to miss more work.

I'm also happy that it's not dark at 5pm. It's just so depressing. It also throws me off for when I'm supposed to go to bed.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/2 23:00:09 )

@Bonnie: Yeah homes aren't cheap in DC haha.
What would you like to do if you had more free time? Maybe you could add that to your 2023 goals.
Oh, I would not going for a walk much if it was 40 and raining haha. Maybe next week.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 06:03:24 )

@Totalanimefan: to become more active. start working out....finding the motivation to do so. LOL i have a lot to work on. eventually i will get to it!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/3 17:47:50 )

@Bonnie: Every small step makes a difference. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. ^^

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 06:00:14 )

@Totalanimefan: right! eventually i will probably slowly start to do push ups, sit ups and planks to maybe work on a little strength

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/5 17:49:51 )

@Bonnie: That's a good starting workout! Sit ups are a lot on your stomach muscles when they aren't used to it lol
I should work on my strength too. I'm moving in a few months so I gotta get buff for that lol

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 02:21:15 )

@neon: It's nice when you have a friend that you can do stuff with that's also an accountability buddy.
I'm sure that some caffeine is ok for you unless it's causing you not to sleep or giving you anxiety. ^^
February might turn out better for you ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 19:39:16 )

Sometimes I feel like that about anxiety and my heart. I think the long covid stuff is gone but I also feel like I notice a lot more if my heart rate is high but my job can be stressful and obvs loosing a pet + the state of the world + covid is not really a relaxing time.

Take time to enjoy that it's winter this month. I know you like it a bit on the chilly side.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 19:54:10 )

@Totalanimefan: yesssss. i need to work on that. i haven't started yet but i need to start soon.

bloop

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 20:45:18 )

@Bonnie: same. I did do some stretches this morning and that felt good.

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 21:32:05 )
@Totalanimefan: Ok Total... my January... actually, I'm going to go back just a touch before January...

• just before Xmas: my son was victim to a contactless hit-and-run accident on his motorcycle on a major nearby road. Both my boys were riding their motorcycles together. One of my kids managed to stop his bike, thanks to ABS brakes (which are unusual on motorcycles)... the other went tumbling down the highway. Fortunately, he was just a little bruised, had a twisted ankle and a little bit of road rash. The person who jumped in front of my boys on their motorcycles with their truck to traverse across Four Lanes of traffic for no apparent reason didn't stop and won't be caught (the cops aren't even pretending to find him/her). The motorcycle is totaled.

• Christmas. New Year.
    Both were good and fairly mellow. We saw a live classical concert/performance on NYE.

• My youngest turned 20. I'm feeling old; no more teenagers in the house.

• My youngest got a job as a ranch hand... in Wyoming. WYOMING. ... and gave us about 2 weeks notice to help him gear up, pack up, and otherwise prepare for his trip most of the way across country and in to a completely different environment with which he has no real experience. Seriously - this kid went from central FLORIDA to Wyoming... in JANUARY/February! ... and he's leaving his beat up and currently muddy F250 here for us to deal with... not to mention the chaos that is his bedroom. /eyeroll/ <-- this is what I was in the middle of when you started this thread. It was crazy. It is still crazy.

• Snowbirds. EVERYwhere.

• Idiot drivers trying to cause accidents... I just about got rear-ended (accelerating from a red light) at least twice yesterday by the same person, only to have the idiot jump around me as soon as the physical/grass median disappeared to get in front of me just so he could brake-check me with a complete stop in the middle of the road (and people merging from 2 lanes to 1 behind me; it's always a messed up area). I swear I did nothing to incite this behavior; dude was apparently having a really bad day and decided to take it out on me for some reason. /eyeroll/ I can't even explain how "over" dealing with idiots like this I am...

• ... and now, POLLEN. *ugh* It's that time of year, folks... my car and windshield are yellow every.single.day regardless of how much I rinse/wash it or clean the windows. There are visible clouds of it floating through the air... The weather is gorgeous, but I can't realistically leave the house without wanting to scratch out my eyeballs or choking on mucus, despite daily doses of OTC allergy meds.

I'm done. The last month and a half has been tedious and frustrating and annoying and expensive and confusing and all kinds of things... and I'm exhausted.

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 21:59:52 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

tbh mine wasn't good at all.
struggled really bad to get over my burnout to even get through most of my commission work load that im super behind in.

then food stamps dropping bomb of them cutting covid relief funds because we're in "post covid"

and more relatives criticizing I'm not doing enough even with art as my job. so overall not great.

only positive is I've enjoyed playing sims 4.
hoping February goes smoother.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 22:08:33 )

@MoodyB: I saw they are cutting back on food stamps allowance for people just when people need it more than ever. It made me really. mad when I heard that news last week. I guess cruelty is the point though, why else would they do it in this time of great need.

@Wildfire: That all really sucks. Is he out there yet? He's about to have no idea what he's in for lol

Voltie Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 22:25:03 )
@Totalanimefan: He has been there for a few days now. I got a text the other day along the lines of "I can't feel my legs and my coffee is cold by the time it gets to the cup" XD ... but also "I don't know how many steps there are to (where I'm living) because of the snow" XD

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/7 23:15:16 )

@Wildfire: One thing I was surprised about when I moved to a cold place was how quickly your food gets cold. It's annoying if you aren't a fast eater.
Sorry I didn't also comment on the other stuff too, it was just a lot. I'm sure you are feeling the same way. Is one that that was in the accident ok now?

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 02:56:35 )
0k @Totalanimefan: , that's good that 2023 will be a good year for you
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 03:26:33 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yup. and im the only working person in my household
so that's gonna be very stressful.
for now all we can do is stock up.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 03:30:41 )

@Qiqi Agatha: I hope it will be! I'm trying to stay positive about it. How's your 2023 been so far?

@MoodyB: I guess that's all you can do. Do you have any way you could grow your on food? I think you can buy seeds on SNAP but you would have to have a way to grow them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 1 year ago ( 2023/02/8 03:32:50 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: my land lady would absolutely destroy it.
And we don't need her to hate us more than she already does lol. XD

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.