Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Secret Santa 2022! - Gifting Day!

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/4 09:08:42 )

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 01:15:55 )

@Bonnie: I'm praying that it won't be bad for you or anyone in the coast next year. Ian hit FL and affected my cousins and aunt/uncle cause they all live in Ft Myers. Luckily they are wealthy but even then it sucks that they all lost their cars and one of them lost their house. Like it's still there, but sewer water came in so they can't live in it. I don't know what they can do like if they need to knock it down or they could like get a mold company or something. Anyway, sucks but at least they all have their lives and 2 families still have their house. What you guys went through in 2020 was horrible. It also effected me in a way too cause all of the tropical storms that go through your part of the states end up in DC cause of the mountains and the winds and stuff so we had major flooding here, but it was nothing like down south.

@GoblinsAndTea: Thanks I'll add you!

@Qiqi Agatha: How are you doing today?

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 03:46:44 )

@Totalanimefan: yesss! I have friends that live in Florida and luckily they weren't hit. They were close to Orlando. There were some areas that were bad and others weren't. But it is a long process to recover and it is in our blood in the south...I hate that it is a fact of life. but it is.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 05:30:40 )

@Totalanimefan:
Username: Spider
I would love to have: Rootin Tootin
I would like to have: any item on my signature or when in doubt any crates/event bundles from 2022
I understand the deadlines and I will be a good Secret Santa to whom ever I am assigned.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 05:40:39 )

@Bonnie: Yes Orlando is wasn't that bad. In some parts there was flooding but it wasn't a wind event there. I'm glad that your friends were ok! I hate it when hurricanes hurt the people that we care about (or us ourselves)
Yeah it does. I remember after all the hurricanes that hit FL in 2004 and 2005 there were people will with no fixed roof during the great recession.
I'm sad sometimes that I don't live in FL anymore, but then I think about the hurricanes, the flooding, the wind, everything. And they are only getting more common and stronger. I don't think it's something that I could go through for my whole life. And flood/homeowners insurance at least in FL is through the roof cause of it. My Dad lives pretty far inland and closer to the other coast (from Ian) and he's even worried about the new rates for 2023.

@Spider: Great, thanks for joining! I'll add you

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 05:42:25 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Totalanimefan:

If you were back in Florida we could accidentally meet again like when I was in DC and saw you for all of 2 mintues during hadestown! (Which I am seeing again next week but this time in FL)

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 05:45:21 )

@Spider: You should have said hi! I was trying to PM or comment on your profile while I was there but I didn't have service lol
I thought that I might have seen someone that looked like you but I wasn't sure haha
I hope that you enjoy it ^^ I think it was really cool that we just so happened to go to the same show. I wanted to see Hamilton while it was here but the tickets were insane! Like WTF prices so I didn't.

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 05:48:05 )

@Totalanimefan:

Yeah Hamilton was crazy here for prices too! Two tickets for hadestown at dr phillips in the nosebleeds cost more than the three tickets I got in the orchestra at the kendy theather. I found out at the last second that Universal gets group discounts on tickets but it was still like $150, but it was my favorite show so #worth it

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 18:19:34 )
@Totalanimefan: I'm doing ok. I can't believe it's the Holidays again

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/5 21:24:31 )

@Spider: So you are coming back to DC? Or you mean another place? I saw tickets for like $200 each before taxes and fees and all that and they weren't good seats lol
I do really love the show! I'm so glad that they put it on Disney+ at least.

@Qiqi Agatha: Yeah it seems unreal. I think I would like to take time this month and really reflex on the year. The ups and downs and what I have done. It's kinda the first year we could really get ourselves back out there. Of course that looks different for everyone but I think it's one of the things that made the year feel so different from past years.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:15:31 )

@Totalanimefan: yeah, i mean it is way too late to think about climage change because it's already here and VERY persistent. it's frustrating.

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:22:19 )

@Bonnie: true. I agree 💯
I meant like cause it’s only getting worse not staying as bad as it is now.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 01:37:20 )

@Totalanimefan: oh yeah. i mean i just can't even begin to imagine how harsh it will be 5 years from now. so i just won't think about it and we will see when we get there....

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 02:01:40 )

@Bonnie: I try not to think about it either but I do also wants others to know. It’s a tricky balance.

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 17:35:47 )

@Totalanimefan: the more informed we are, the better we can prepare. i wonder why people down south think the weather has gotten more unpredictable? i really wonder. because how can you be from da boot and you don't notice how throwed off this weather been? we had a week of winter, fall, and spring in quick succession. CLIMATE CHANGE

Donator — She/Her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 18:39:13 )

@Totalanimefan:

I meant the prices here on FL, I am not heading back to DC for a few years I think. And next time I go I need more than a weekend just for the museums.

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/6 23:01:24 )

@Spider: I see, that makes sense. DC is a great city and one that you need more than a weekend to explore. :) Hopefully you will be able to see a show here again :)

@Bonnie: Amen to that. Although I wouldn't only blame the people down south. More people everywhere need to realize the change and that it's sticking around. Things are different now and WE need to all change and do what we can. And I don't mean this as like only personal responsibility, we should also be pressuring governments to make change and pass laws too. FL weather used to be so constant. You would always see afternoon storms in the summer, in the winter there would always be wind from the N or NW, things like that. My Dad is a fisherman, so I'm in the know about things like that and he said it's different now. This summer he want over a month without any rain and all his crops in his garden died. Fish that you used to catch in the spring or fall aren't showing up, or aren't showing up on time. And of course hurricanes too. I could go on and on about this.

Donator — Medical Biller Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 00:06:12 )
@Totalanimefan:
That is nice that you will be reflecting during this time. I have been going out a lot more during these Holiday Season.
Ensuite, je suis le fantôme de Novembre!

Donator — She/her Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 00:34:41 )

@Qiqi Agatha: That's good. I've been thinking about doing that, but I've been busy with other things. Maybe next week.
I haven't actually started on the reflecting yet. I've had two pretty busy days that have taken a lot out of me.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 1 year ago ( 2022/12/7 04:50:12 )

@Totalanimefan: it's a global problem no doubt. but i'm so confused at how people in the south don't believe in climate change when it is SOOO obvious. like our agriculture has permanently been affected and will continue to be. the crops are much harder to grow.

i dunno there is so much to go on about.

bloop

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.