Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat My bestfriend is a jealous person

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 11:32:30 )
My very own best friend is a jealous person. Like, she's my best friend and everything, but I'm tired of her being so jealous all the time. Like people would compliment me all the time instead of her, but I'm not even enjoying it because I am a shy person, I rather keep stuff to myself. She would get so jealous because people aren't complimenting her. Whenever we hangout, she would try to put me down and hyped herself up when I'm also trying to hype her up all the time. I'm very secure with myself, I don't need someone to tell me I'm this and that, I know who I am and stuff. I don't understand why she needs to constantly try to pick on me when it comes to physical appearance.

She never introduce me to any of the guys she's talking to or even show me any of their pictures. I'm not the type of person that would go after another person's man. One time we were hanging out with her guy friend, but the whole time he would only compliment on me and I can tell she wasn't having it. After he left for the day, she would tell me that he said this and that just to make me feel bad about myself, when I know that she was just making stuff up so that she can put me down.

I tried to confront her before, but she would just say she's looking out after me by picking on me. I know for a fact, that she has been shady this whole time. She constantly looking at herself in the mirror and think every man is after her. Even when a guy say hello to her, she thinks that he's trying to sleep with her or something. The only reason I'm still friend with her is that I known her for so long, and there are more stuff I like about her than this part of her. I'm pretty confident with myself, so I try to ignore what she said to me, but sometimes I have my weak moments...and it's hard to keep myself together.

She wasn't like this before, she started acting like this when she lost a lot of weight and grew longer hair. Now she's obsess with herself. I want my friend back, I'm happy for her that she became a healthier/better looking person, but this kind of personality is not acceptable at all. She shouldn't be putting other people down to make herself feel better. It's not right, she even start making fun of other people too.

Voltie — Moody Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 13:49:34 )
Honestly i'd either drop her as a friend or call her out on her Shady BS.
She is turning into a highly toxic friend and toxic friends no matter how long you've known each other
are never good. I had a toxic friend[and a family member] who was just kinda always so selfish.
we went out for my 18th birthday her mother told her NOT to buy anything as her mom was buying some clothes for me.
and she does it anyways and buys WAY more than I picked out.

and then the final straw was we drove 3 hours to her house, and she does to her friend's house that she sees all the time
and just pretty much ignores her. So I cut my ties with her when she went to college.
I don't need someone who is toxic and pretty much makes me feel like i am not even worth hanging out with.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — Winchester Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 15:57:25 )
To me, your friend sounds really insecure. She puts you down to feel better herself. For who? Herself? I'd call her out on it and confront her when she puts you down again.

Voltie — Burnt Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 19:24:32 )
As mentioned she sounds insecure and isn't acting much like a friend should. You should talk to her again and see what's going on and tell her to stop and just be clear that if she were your friend she wouldn't be putting you down. If she doesn't then just stop hanging out with her because you don't need that kind of negativity in your life. It doesn't matter how long you've been friends because they always come and go

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 12:07:02 )
Drop her as a friend I've had to do that to a couple of friends they will never change and they still do it,
because my name has came out of a few of their mouths and it's like I ain't their friend so why
they saying my name. or try hanging out with her less, see how that rocks her boat.
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/Buns Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/11 22:00:08 )
Yikes. I would either drop her as a friend or try to call her out at least once more.
Just because you have been friends with her for so long doesn't mean you should keep being friends.
Nothing is worth someone being so toxic to you because of their problems.
You deserve way better than that in a friend.

ping me
Art in sig by Seo
Art in post by Cedes
Hangout

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.