Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Event Roundup: Autumn Block Party Feedback

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 08:23:45 )
Hey, everyone! Your friendly neighborhood Slytherclaw here with the rest of the writer team, and we just wanted to give you all a quick, central location to discuss the most recently event. The Block Party was our first mini-event here on Voltra, meaning that it was a smaller event with a focus on interactions, contests, and community rather than a larger event that affects the site appearance, has special currencies, etc.

We'd love to hear your feedback on the event, as for many of us, this was our first grand scale attempt at an event! What sorts of things did you like about the event? What do you think could be improved on? Are there any aspects you'd like to see repeated in future mini or regular events? We want your feedback so we can make sure to tailor future events to your tastes, and make the community happy! We're also happy to answer questions, if you have them!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 08:29:14 )
Too much reading, that's my first impression of this event. Not everyone likes to read wall of texts, even though I read most of it, but I didn't read everything. I personally don't like the fact that we have to use our volts to purchase event items, it's such a turn off. I know it's not going to be like this with bigger events. It's a cool event for sure, but I wish we had a big event first before something small like this. I also didn't like that we have to purchase re-colors separately, too much items can be really hard to keep track of. Maybe put them in one item next time, instead of multiple colors as items.

I also noticed that a lot of members aren't that involved with this event. I would suggest moving the event forum into City Hall category, and instead of having a permanent event forum, we should change it to the name of the current event. This way it will attracts more members and it can easily be seen by everyone. Maybe even have its own colored boarder around this forum! :D

PS* a lot of users love lurker prizes/currency.

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 09:12:22 )
Hey!
Loved this event. It was a lot of fun, I felt like I made friends and I'm loving what some people submitted to the different contests. I look forward to seeing the winning designs in the shops.
The NPCs chatting with users was a nice touch, no one broke character either from what I could tell. The staff in general did a good job with this event. There were things for artists, and posters etc, but it was a little too art heavy, but I understand.
Wish that there was an event currency. But I believe that I said this earlier to you and we spoke about why it wasn't used here.

I do wish that it wasn't so confusing for users to be able to buy all of the event items in all of the shops in all of the colors. No everyone knew that more items/recolors were going to be added, and yes that is the users fault, I informed people of it...but maybe that is still something that the staff could talk about?
The biggest complain that I have is that there is NOT enough time to get the end of the event user recolors. They aren't even in the shop right as of me posting this and they are only supposed to be in the shops for another 30-ish hours.
No everyone is able to be online every day, and it's not really far that some items where available in from the start and others were added last min.
Please in the future have all of the event items available from the beginning and don't add anything new please. I will be able to get every item fine, and I am active on Voltra, but I'm trying to keep everyone in mind. It would have been much better if all of the items where available from the start.
It also would have been better if you bought the item once from the shops and you got all of the recolors within the same item, like how the milestone items are. Then you could have added the recolors based on how many users posted here and based on which recolors people wanted.

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 09:19:13 )
Thanks for the feedback! I wanted to mention, just to clarify, that the time for the last batch of items may be extended based on the recolor turnaround time to ensure that they do get the full two days that were planned--don't worry, we aren't going to rush them out.
Luna Chandra
Please let me exchange goods and/or services for art. <3

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/9 11:45:54 )
@Slytherclaw: that makes me feel a lot better. I hope that all the users will be notified when the complete set is out and how long they have to get that set.
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Puzzling Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 07:53:18 )
Any update on the re-colors or items? Haven't seen Fozzy on :(
|

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 07:55:41 )
@Miss Kitty: He’s on right now, probably getting everything together.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 08:06:22 )
Recolors will be up shortly, but one of the winners has not gotten back to me with their requested recolor. :vanora_cry:

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 08:07:45 )
@Fozzy: Who is that? Cedes? If so, I can get her for you.

Admin — He/Him Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 08:12:10 )
@Panda: I reached out to the individual. lol :vanora_sweat:
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 08:13:14 )
@Fozzy: What if they never get back to you? lol

Donator — They/Them Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 10:25:28 )
Then I'll do it instead. B) B) B)

jkjk!

I'm with Panda though, in that it's a kind of a lot to read. I sadly didn't really get much of a chance to read over most of the threads outside of my days off. Lurker prizes would be cool, too, I didn't even think of that. :O

All in all though, it was still a very positive experience and I enjoyed having something like this right at the start of my time here! I'm also ... probably not the target audience anymore, being almost 30 and working full time, lmao.

I dug the extra stuff being added periodically but I suppose it could be frustrating when attempting to buy full sets and not realizing there would be more.
pls ping me, ty!!

TURN OFF THE SUN // PULL THE STARS FROM THE SKY

quest | etc

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 10:43:24 )
I really like the idea of having all event items from the beginning of the event!

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 10:55:16 )
Had a pretty cool chat with Vontell, which was pretty nice. Will the npcs be around occasionally outside of events? Just curious.
I don't know that I was a huge fan of the games, but they were alright. Just not my fave options.
I also wasn't thrilled that the items cost volts.
For a first event, it was good, but I think it could have maybe been better if it had been postponed/scheduled for a month or two later because it could have been planned out/organized maybe a little better and items could have been more prepared.
I don't necessarily mind the staggered release of event items, but it was cutting it pretty close with the last recolor.
Overall, I had fun and made some new friends though, which was pretty cool. I know a lot of work was put into it and everyone did very well for a first event. And the writers for the characters really made them seem more alive to me. I almost forgot Vontell was an npc. Almost.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 10:57:20 )
I agree with Kaderin when it comes to the NPC!
They feel really real, it's like you are actually talking to a real person!

NVM, we are talking to real people XD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 11:01:22 )
I never actually was able to interact with any of the other npcs, but Vontell seems like the type of person I'd be friends with irl, if I could overcome my social anxiety snd strike up a conversation...
:vanora_sweat:

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 11:02:06 )
@Kaderin Triste: Would you date someone like Vontell? :}

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 11:06:15 )
@panda: I'm really not much into dating. But in the right situation, maybe as long as they're okay with me not really being that affectionate.

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 11:08:09 )
@Kaderin Triste: Awwww, same here. XD

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/10/10 11:12:06 )
@panda: Yeah, I'm asexual, aromantic. Not easy to find people who are okay with that. XD
But I like having good friends that I can have coffee or lunch with and we can talk openly about anything.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.