Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/16 22:15:53 )
Diskussions about this movie everywhere.... so why not here. Bring it on, tell me your honest thoughs about the Trailer.
My honest thoughs are the actress is very beautifull has a kind face and a gentle voice. I just dont think she fits the role. I know many of you will tell me otherwise. But heyy it isnt a Diskussion if we dont have diffrent thoughs.
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/16 22:19:56 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

if you mean the little mermaid, my only complaint is disney keeps making the movies too dark.
i could barely see anything lmaoo.
would've been nice to bump up the saturation in it and the contrast. XD

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/16 22:22:05 )
    The Little Mermaid movie? I have no opinions either way, I’m not a Disney fan, but more diversity is always good. I’m sure kids will enjoy the movie a lot!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/16 23:58:44 )

I'm late to hearing about this! I just watched the trailer and I honestly really hope it'll be good! Looks like heavy on cgi so hope they pull it off well.

As for the actress, I don't personally see why she's unfit, but I dont know anything about her or her acting style. The trailer I watched really didn't give me any impressions c:

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — Any Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/17 04:06:53 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
She seems to fit imo. But hey whatever. I'm sure I know why you don't want her to be Ariel but go off sis.
I'm weary of this thread. I don't like it considering all the things I've seen already from this "issue". 💀 Voltra is to escape this kind of nonsense for me so it really irks me seeing it brought up like this.

cute avatar though

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/17 08:49:25 )

I don't have high expectations for this or any other Disney live-action remake. At best, they're "OK" but bring nothing new to the table and feel completely unnecessary. At worst, they're poorly made and downright insulting to the audience and to the original films/concepts. I really wish they'd just stop, and I know I'm far from being alone on this, but Disney doesn't care because hey, money. But that's just a general complaint about all the remakes.

There's not much to go on besides the teaser trailer, but I can say that it doesn't look very good to me so far. Everything is too dark and dull; it all kind of blends together. Visually, it's lacking the magic and energy we should be able to expect from a Disney film, especially one as bright and colorful as The Little Mermaid.

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other about the choice of actress, though. I haven't seen her acting before, and all I've seen for this movie is a tiny bit of a song. I didn't care for the added vocal flourish; I've just never really liked that style of singing. But I don't mind her not looking exactly like the cartoon version; I don't think her skin tone or hair texture are of any importance to the character. She is recognizable as Ariel. She looks and sounds the part to me, from what little I've seen so far. Time will tell, but I don't think the choice of Ariel is going to be this movie's biggest problem.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/17 14:03:48 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

My opinion is that i have no problem with the actress. I feel like i havnt seen enough to judge that yet...
HOWEVER what kinda botehrs me is that teh underwater scene looked so... dry? idk if that makes sense? IIts also so dark for some reasen??
Other then that it seems ok, ill see if ill watch it when i hear reviews

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — Any Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/18 02:22:40 )

None or Disney's live action remakes get this much pressure and we all know why it is rn.
so sick of this conversation
it's a kids movie literally who needs to care this much

Please ping me!

Donator — Yes Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/18 06:33:04 )
Okay so I hadn't seen the trailer because I don't watch movies so what's the point, but seeing all the discourse even here made me look it up.

You don't see shit in the trailer. We literally learn nothing about the movie from this "teaser." I would have liked to have seen more, honestly. But I agree with most people in here about it being SO dark, I really hope that the full movie isn't midnight all the time lol.

As for Ariel. She has a mermaid tail, red hair and can sing, that's what we see from the trailer. Those are all Ariel REALLY is so I don't see why she wouldn't fit. It would be super hard to find someone with that shade of natural red hair who also happens to be able to sing that well so I don't blame them for not going for a natural redhead.

So overall my opinion is none, because we literally don't know anything lol.
26 // Michigan // Goat enthusiast
If you don't ping me I'll miss you!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.