Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat I turned in my Capstone! (Dissertation) for University! I passed!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 02:00:01 )

I did it! With the help and support of everyone on Voltra I was able to write my Capstone (a 26 page essay + two excel spreadsheets with math) in a week!!
I'm so happy to have finished. I turned it in tonight. It takes 3 business days for it to be graded, but if it comes back as a pass, I will have finished my degree!

As some of you may know, Sept 1st, 2021 I started my first day back at school(University) and my goal was to finish in one year, by Sept 1st, 2022. There were lots of ups and downs in the past years. Lots of late nights studying, taking exam after exam, breaks for visits with far away family, and I got Covid in April and it put me out of school for a whole month.

I'm so happy right now. It's been a goal of mine to earn my BA ever since I was just a kid, now, finally at 31 I can say that I did it!

EDIT: This morning I woke up to see that it was already graded and that I passed!! I can’t believe it!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 02:03:07 )

I thought that I would reply to you here instead lol
@Borealis: Thank you so much! You can read more about my feelings here. I'm so happy and proud of myself! -hugs- thanks for your encouragement the last few days.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 13:12:01 )
    @Totalanimefan: you did it!!!!! Congratulations 🥳 🎉 that’s great news! It must be a great feeling, you have earned it!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 14:55:49 )

@Borealis: thank you. I know we just met but it was like my whole life Mon-Fri when it wasn’t a holiday or vacation lol. But it was a goal that I always wanted so I decided to go for it. I was like, I can dedicate a year and $7,000-ish for this. What I didn’t want and what held me back for so many years was both the time and the money. I didn’t want more student debt by going to a place that was like $10-$15k a year and then need another 2-3 years. I was like it’s not worth it. Lol
Oh good news, I woke up this morning to see that I passed!

@sunny: I am feeling great. And yesterday after I finished each section and I felt like the end was in my gasp I would just sit there and take in the feeling. I don’t know if I could have done it without your support this last week (and year). ^^
I have more good news, I woke up to a surprise today. My paper has already been graded and I passed! So I’m done with school!!

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 14:57:56 )
    @Totalanimefan: omg! That’s amazing. Congratulations again lol. You are officially finished :D I’m so happy for you!! Now you can look forward to graduation:)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 16:13:56 )

@sunny: I know I can't believe it T_T
I am looking forward to it. I'm also going to tell the recruiter that I finished :)

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 16:24:21 )
    @Totalanimefan: oh good luck with the recruiter! I hope you get the job!

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 16:28:34 )

@sunny: Thank you. I just messaged them to say that I was finished with my degree. :)

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 17:16:53 )

CONGRATS YOU DID IT!!!

Proud of you!!!!!

Don't know how to use/read tone tags?
Go Here!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 17:53:16 )

@MaxIsConfused: Aw thank you so much <33

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 18:51:49 )

@Borealis: Thank you <3333

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 20:02:23 )

Congrats! and super proud you did it.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 20:06:19 )

@vengeance: Thank you! I don't know what to do with myself now lol

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 20:50:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

congrats on passing!!

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 21:03:41 )

@MoodyB: Thank you!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 23:01:47 )

WOOOOO
Congratulations!! I know this wasn't easy but you did it! What a good feeling

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/1 23:45:26 )

@Jolly: Thank you! And it was/is a good feeling! I don't know what to do with myself today XD
I ordered delivery for myself tonight as a reward. :)

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 02:56:23 )

@Totalanimefan:
oooo what kind of delivery?
Tonight's a taquitos in sour cream kind of night

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/2 04:55:35 )

@Jolly: that was my 2nd choice. I had a hamburger. :)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/6 16:37:06 )
Alchemists Fire:
@Totalanimefan: I think I had mentioned both of them when we were talking about names for your boba shoppe for your project!
How many different boba places do you have nearby? I have a handful I can order from, but sadly not my favourite ones T_T
I tend to get half sweet most of the time too. I haven't had oolong for a long time, I miss the one David's Tea had, but I think they've retired it now (It was called "Long Life Oolong")

Quoting that here to reply!
I think there are two near me, but if I take the metro train about 15 mins there are a lot more. Some are good, and some are the ones that just use a bunch of powders and you can taste the difference. I have two fav places here, but my FAVORITE place to order boba from is Teaspoon. They started in the Bay Area but they have expanded a lot, I don't know if there is one near you or not. I love them.
That sounds super good, I love the like roasted flavor you get with an oolong and then after some of them have a lingering slight sweetness. It's wonderful!
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.