Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Roe v. Wade

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/25 14:34:03 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I know this was announced yesterday, but I woke up still feeling sick to my stomach.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/25 21:31:44 )
It's absolutely terrifying, but I have hope that it won't be forever. We just have to be the change we want, starting with voting.

I read that some other countries are taking note and working on codifying their abortion laws in the best way, meaning trying to keep it a basic human right.
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/25 22:11:49 )
I'm so heartbroken by this. I mean, while i personally would never have one, i hate that i don't have the right to one if i wanted or needed one anymore. And i fear for what this might mean for women who suffer miscarriages and other medical issues that the fetus is lost. I worry because what if they say that she intentionally lost the child? What then? My husband (he's naïve sometimes) says that that's not an abortion and that they can't prosecute a woman for that, but i feel like they can and will... There were already laws drawn up about that...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/25 23:16:13 )
@Alorrena:
They shouldn't be able to prosecute, but most likely they will in some places. Like Texas for example where people have had that debate on whether miscarriages should be criminalized for years. There have even been attempts in the past to criminalize it. With Abbot behind the wheel, and getting support, I wouldn't be surprised if miscarriages quickly became illegal there.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 00:51:46 )
@Vampiretaco: Yeah, and that's what's terrifying. Like absolutely terrifying. Most cases women can't intentionally cause miscarriages. Not to mention how many happen before the woman knew she was pregnant in the first place! I worry for our country's women...
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 02:20:48 )
      A gun has more rights than I do.
      They want to force me to have a child, so it can spend ten years preparing to become a victim of gun violence at recess.
      Isn't that great?
      America! Land of the Free*!

*Restrictions apply

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 03:30:56 )

I still woke up very upset. I live in DC and I exercised my 1A right yesterday.
I also looked up how to move back to England if I need to in the future (many years from now)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 05:33:16 )
16 states codified abortion rights before Roe vs Wade was overturned.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 07:47:32 )
      @Totalanimefan: You better take me with you.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 16:10:40 )

@Anarchist Beauty: all you have to do is become my immediate family and then after I live there for a few years I can petition to bring you over lol

But for real I don’t want to leave. I want to fix this shitshow. Not fair that I have an out because I happened to fall in love and marry a Brit.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 19:27:50 )
      @Totalanimefan: Does your out have a single friend? XD
      Get me one of them to get my ass out this bitch.

The selfish part of my brain is like "you live in Cali, abortion isn't going anywhere here."
      And the feminist part of my brain is like "yeah, that guy is an idiot, let's burn down the supreme court."
      I honestly just wish I lived alone so I could offer my home up to people who need to come to Cali to get their abortions done.
      I will offer a million excuses to come to California though, a million covers.
      We are a huge state with endless "tourist" spots and things to do as a shield.
      Camping, amusement park, zoos, Hearts Castle, the Golden Gate Bridge, Catalina...
      The possibilities really are endless.
      And for amusement park covers, Knott's Berry Farm is the cheapest option.
      Though with the summer season approaching I'd wager the prices might spike a lil.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 21:37:58 )

@Anarchist Beauty: yeah I know what you mean. I’m in DC which is ok but what about everyone else. And you know they aren’t going to stop what this case. I still can’t believe that I woke up with more rights on Friday morning then I did today. I can’t believe that my mom had more rights then I do today.
I just want to it be fixed. Like now. I feel like no one in power is doing anything. How many peaceful protests do we have to have? How many times to do we have to tell people we are already headed down the fascist road without others seeing it?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/26 22:51:42 )
      @Totalanimefan: It's a horrible feeling.
      And what's worse is something like this has the potential and is pretty much required to completely destroy HIPAA.
      So to the people who really think this is JUST about abortion...
      It's not, never was.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/27 04:59:54 )
I feel every one of these posts too. I’m so upset. I can’t concentrate on anything to get my mind off it..

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/27 19:35:30 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Yes. It's horrible on many levels. I don't want people to not be able to get the medical services they need. And sometimes it's a life or death thing. I don't want the courts to take other actions to take away gay rights or other rights in the future.

@Ruby: I'm 100% the same way right now.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/27 20:46:20 )
      @Ruby: It's just a cycle...
      Pissed off... distraction.... reminder.... pissed off.
      Like... A gun has more rights than someone with a uterus right now.
      Which I think means everyone with a uterus should go buy a gun.
      Sounds like a reasonable response to me.

@Totalanimefan: It's all.... Shit.
      I hate this country so much.
      Like I think the 4th of July fireworks should be set off inside the court and the justices homes.
      Big fireworks, too.
      With great big explosions of color.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/27 21:12:04 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Yeah hard to want to celebrate anything about this country right now. I don't feel like celebrating the 4th. I also feel like it really made the pride celebration feel muted. I just feel like those rights are going to be taken. My good friends are gay and getting married in August and I'm worried about their marriage.
Back to women though, I thought that by today I would be better but I'm still angry and still want things to change like now. Took my pre-exam for my class and barely passed, so I don't think I'm in a good mental space to take my final today.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 00:30:39 )
      @Totalanimefan: Seriously.
      The only fucking thing I am celebrating on the 4th... Is Steve Rogers birthday. 😁
      Cos [REDACTED] this [REDACTED] ass [REDACTED] country.

I feel you.
      My emotions are swinging from 'uncontrollable rage' to 'inconsolable sadness'.
      I just keep thinking about all people this ban will kill.
      Because they're not protecting anyone or anything.
      I saw a post about someone who'd worked in a senor living home, and talking to the 70-90 year old women who had to survive before Roe v Wade.
      Some of them said "I told my husband 6 kids was enough, but he wouldn't listen. So I started throwing them in the river."
      Another who said her best friend helped her deliver the baby and she doesn't know what the friend did with it, but they never spoke of it again.
      One who said she left the baby in the woods.
      It's just... These things are going to return now.
      Back alley abortions, self-induced abortions, murder (by the father or parents or religious leaders, etc), suicide...
      Then the abandoned babies for the ones too afraid to risk their own lives for an abortion.
      There will be a severe uptick in newborn babies found in rivers and lakes, in dumpsters and gutters, in public toilets...
      This ban is literally not going to save a single life, but it will kill thousands.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 00:43:36 )

Anarchist Beauty:

My emotions are swinging from 'uncontrollable rage' to 'inconsolable sadness'.

Out of everything you said this one is just 100% me.

I saw that same post and I was sad that it happened and mad that it's going to happen again. Upset for all of the kids that wish they had never been born because their mom was forced to have them.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 00:47:19 )
      @Totalanimefan: It's absolutely disgusting.
      This country is joke.
      Land of free my ass.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.