Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Serious Talk Roe v. Wade

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 00:48:22 )
Idk if you've seen that tiktok that's like "Oh no, I'm not a woman, I'm an AR-15 XD" or not, but unironically, guns have more rights in this country than women have had in a long time and it's got me majorly black pilled.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 00:50:27 )
      @keeksy: I propose all people with uteruses (should they have the means to) go and get a gun.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 00:59:18 )

@Anarchist Beauty: Exactly. That was all just a lie.

@keeksy: I didn't see that video but I agree. I can't believe that voted that way and then the next day took away our rights.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:01:26 )
      @Totalanimefan: A great big fat one.

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:01:37 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I am absolutely on board with this! Every uterus-having individual should protect themselves as best they can. We obviously can't rely on the government to help us as much as we thought.

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:05:14 )
@Totalanimefan: AND they made it so cops (I spent too long looking for a pig emote lol) no longer have to read us our miranda rights....right before dropping news that would incite widespread outrage. Hmmmmm

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:05:45 )
      @keeksy: We clearly can not.
      And that's what the second amendment is all about right?
      Protection and resistance of oppression?
      Well, I'm feeling pretty oppressed with this law condemning my entire gender to forced child birth.
      Bet if there was a mass movement of women buying guns, those would get regulated next.

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:09:21 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Oh girl, you're so right. They would be not only heavily restricted, but also hit with a big pink tax. Yuck

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:16:19 )

@keeksy: I saw that, and today they had said it's ok to force prayer in schools.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:21:02 )
      @keeksy: Time to ruin guns for men! >:D

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:26:34 )
@Anarchist Beauty: Hell yeah!! I'm down!!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:34:00 )
Edited out due to me feeling uncomfortable

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:52:01 )
How wild that a 13-year old can't adopt a child, but she'd be forced to have a child if she were to get pregnant.

How wild that we'd rather risk the lives of women who have ectopic pregnancies, which are completely out of her control, because it's all in the name of a clump of cells that we refuse to acknowledge isn't viable for life.

How wild that there are thousands of children in foster care, that don't get the appropriate resources, and yet we want to bring more into this world.

How wild that a man can produce magnitudes more offspring than a woman, and yet we don't mandate vasectomies until he can prove he is fit for fatherhood (because, God forbid you tell a man how to regulate his body).

How wild that we can force children into the world without giving appropriate resources to potential parents through all stages of life (pre-baby, during-baby, and post-baby, to put it simply).

How wild that we don't tax the church, because we hold this ideology that the church should be separate from state, and yet clearly the church is the one that drove this decision.

How wild that 'pro-life' doesn't even remotely mean what the term implies.

What a world.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:52:17 )
      @keeksy: We did it with the Beatles and we can do it with guns!
      I believe in us.

Voltie — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:56:32 )
@Anarchist Beauty: WOMEN!!!! UTERUS HAVERS!!!!! RISE TF UP!!!!!
pm me if you're lonely, I'm always down to chat!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 01:56:49 )
      @Aisukohi: Kick in the pants, ain't it?
      I believe George Carlin said it best when he said they are not pro-life, they are anti-woman.
      "Conservatives want live babies so they can raise em to be dead soldiers."
      Like you can just fully tell this was all done with the puritanical ideas of Christianity in mind and not one ounce of thought was given to the people this will effect, or HOW it will effect them.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 02:12:30 )
@Anarchist Beauty: I'm just beside myself with how this even became a thing. I KNOW why, because we never codified it into law, but you would think that proven science would be a factor here at some point.

Color me optimistic or whatever, but I have a feeling that this too shall pass. There's no way, I think, that this can last forever. Not with the inevitable death toll this will bring.

By the way, forced pregnancy is considered a crime against humanity, but we can ignore that, right?
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/28 03:11:31 )
      @Aisukohi: The fact that it was never codified is what makes me wanna burn down things.
      Biden can say all he wants to right now, but he is to blame.
      He could have codified it, or at least tried.
      Same with Obama.
      I'm blaming every one of the presidents since Roe v Wade was passed.

I'm too pissed off to try and be optimistic at the moment.
      Gimme a little and I'll catch up. lmao

Oh, we're the United States of America.
      We'll ignore anything and everything because the people in charge of this place think they can do no wrong.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/30 23:36:17 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I second each and every one of you. Upset doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling. I'm in a state of grief that I haven't felt before.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/07/1 17:04:25 )

That's a really good way to put it. I'm in a state of grief and trauma that I have never experienced before.

It's like when you were a kid learning about the horrible things in history and you are like, that must have been hard, or I would not want that to happen to me.

And now it's us. It's not ending with just this either.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.