Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Voltra Discussion Hello there! Is Anyone Here From Gaia?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 01:07:57 )
I would really so much like to know.

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 01:20:14 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I am. i still go on there from time to time.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 02:00:33 )

@The I: hey there. I think most of us here used to be on Gaia. But I don’t know how many still go there. Welcome to Voltra.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 16:16:57 )
@The I: i used gaia back in 2007 / 08

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 17:08:22 )
I haven't been on in a long time, but i used to be on gaia religiously when i was a teenager

Voltie — she Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 19:14:23 )
Yeeaaahhh i'm still on there

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 19:34:31 )
Alorrena:
I haven't been on in a long time, but i used to be on gaia religiously when i was a teenager

What made you do the switch?

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 19:35:10 )
Miss Sandman:
@The I: i used gaia back in 2007 / 08

And why not anymore?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 20:27:49 )
I still kinda do and don't. I pop in now and then to see what is up... I lost my main account(can't remember my e-mail or password) so I use my alt there, I mainly went to play games... but now it it so ad ridden and everything seems to cost real money that it kinda turns me off.

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/21 21:13:58 )
@The I: a lot of my friends stopped being active in like 2011 or so, and i went to Menewsha and felt at home there, but Menewsha basically died in 2017, shortly after i stopped being online as much due to lack of a computer. so when i found an old laptop i had in storage earlier this year, i went on and found out that that site is basically doomed and that there were some people from there that are on here, Such as Ruby. I find that Gaia is either too disorganized in the forums for my liking, or the user base is directed at a younger audience. Also the Avatar styles are way different and i like Voltra's style more.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 00:53:30 )
      I'll pop over there from time to time to change an avi or shitpost in CB, but I'm not too active anymore really.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 01:27:44 )
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
I was VERY active on Gaia Online from 2006-2010 but a lot of my friends stopped using it, so I sort of did too. I still log in a few times a week to change my avi and claim my dailies, but that's about it.
Thinking about playing Pokemon Crystal again.

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 07:57:10 )
@The I: the comunity is kind of toxic though
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She, Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/06/22 18:30:06 )

I still login from time to time, but then I stop once I realize how money hungry the place is and it makes me depressed. So I stop logging in for a few months again haha

“A room without books is like a body without a soul.”

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/15 05:24:23 )
I was on Gaia pretty religiously from 2004 to around 2012 when I stumbled across Ernya, and I started spending all my time there instead...until it died in 2015...

I played zOMG! a ton and had a really good friend that I played with all the time, but once we maxed our levels and the new content was stuck behind a paywall I kinda got tired of it. Plus inflation was so insane it was hard to buy anything, and they focused so heavily on RNG items that I just got annoyed.

I check in on Gaia once in a blue moon, but I probably haven't changed my main avatar in close to a decade xDD
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/30 03:48:30 )
I haven't played it in awhile, but I remember I made a million alts back in the day, lol.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/08/31 00:27:21 )
ˑؘ ۪۪۫۫Formerly known as ChiffonOrange ۪۪۫۫ ؘ

I played it in around 2007 but stopped logging in during in my mid teens due to moving to another game (called ourWorld) that's a little similar to Gaia. Though I lost my old account because I can't remember my login details, then I made an alt account in 2020 just to see how Gaia has changed and it was vastly different than it used to.

Avatar items have become more expensive and there's this subscription thing (to pay with irl money), not a lot of people are active on the interactive Town game-thing, and the community on the other hand is....... well not really social or just plain old toxic (as others have said) and most likely to be active on the Chatterbox thread (most people tend to troll than actually socializing there). That said, it made me delete my alt account as I didn't find any joy as I used to on that site.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 02:33:21 )
✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦

i played back in the day when i was a teenager but was mostly a lurker. i got the nostalgia for it and logged back in + made my account here. :3
I log in there just because I love dress up and the availability of items is something I never had when I was a teenager because lol money.

imo if gaia was to ever get popular again it would be because all us oldies who loved it go back and rebuild it into its former glory and carve out a positive space from the ashes.

✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦💚✦
👽 Formerly Sailormoon 👽

Donator — Am Potato Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/8 05:54:25 )
@The I: well i found menewsha/roliana/crysandrea (all now dead sites.), and that slowly pulled me away from gaia, But also i just never felt at home on gaia forums. It always seems disorganized somehow? Or like there really wasn't a solid hang out thread. I don't really know how to explain it, if you know you know. But also all of my friends on gaia stopped loggin in after a while, either because they went to other sites, or they just had life happen. We would hang out in towns back in the day, but then the problems with the chat rooms is that eventually they all died or there were too many options available and it got hectic. I remember when it was JUST towns, and rally and the shops and towns 2 didn't exist.

Also gaia inflation. They became too focused on cash items and they never cared about managing inflation. So it got obnoxious when you were still getting gold instead of platinum. It was a big thing to me when they made the switch to platinum instead of gold, just because it helped with how expensive everything seemed, but now it looks like it's the same thing it's always been, but with the currency being called platinum. I remember when the dailies first started giving platinum, where it would only be like 2 or 3, and now it's like 100 or more (from what i saw the other night)

I do still have a semi-active account ( i log in every so often. this month i'm trying to log in at least every other day or so if i can remember), mema4 is my username on there. It's crazy how things are on there now. It's so awkward to just be on the site with no one to talk to. I did spend a good 3-4 hours the other night on there reading through old PMs (lots of drama from like 10 years ago talking about drama that happened before that lol) and looking at friends profiles, feeling nostalgic.
Call me Rena (Reh-nuh)! <3 married 02/02/2020
Rena's Quest

Donator — she/they/him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/09/18 06:13:28 )

yes been on there since '05
Sad Wings Of Justice
is my u/n on there

☥ "Think of me when you look at the night sky" ☥

leave me msgs here

The Crooked Dog Inn

plz ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.