Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Sound the alarm, there's a newbie

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 15:19:09 )
Hello!! My name's Tycen, pronouns she/her and I'm very new to these forum heavy games so please excuse me if anything I write sounds weird in any way

Lately I've been sort of on an online game binge, spring break's almost over but I still wanna find new games to fill my time with and I've recently remembered Dappervolk existed! Sadly, the game's... not really that good, the art and character customization is amazing but the seasonal outfits are extremely hard to get and I don't want to get into that sort of grind again, not to mention that the actual main story hasn't been updated in what I believe is a year now

But I've been wondering, does anyone here know any avatar based games like dappervolk? I'm enjoying my experience with voltra too so far, I'm not planning to leave already or anything, it's a very laid back "take it at your own pace" sort of game with not that much to do like daily quests and such, and I enjoy it a lot! Very easy to pop on and play a game at the fairgrounds if you don't have anything else to do, so I'm wondering if there are other games like this you guys would recommend?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 15:51:48 )
    Hey, welcome to Voltra :) have you looked into Subeta at all? It's primarily a pet site but you can just ignore the pets like I do lol.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 16:24:47 )
@sunny: I have looked at subeta! The style doesn't interest me all that much, and I'm a fan of virtual pet sites too but I just couldn't get into it

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 17:14:04 )
Should they keep it on display...

There's only one other avatar site I use, but I suggest it with a LOAD of caution.

The site is Everskies. It's avatars are very versatile, and you can layer clothes and background items in whatever order you like. The clothes in the shop are made either by verified designers or other users. I love making avatars on there and there's frequent outfit competitions. They host other competitions as well, and players can host their own. They also have larger events involving contests, articles, scavenger hunts, and other cool things. The profiles are also customizable, similar to MySpace.

Sadly, I usually stray pretty far from the forums, because a lot of drama goes on down there. If you ignore most of the player base, it can be a great time killer (it's seriously the main reason i'm still on it). If you do wish to interact with others, be very careful. There are clubs for certain topics which makes it easier to filter the toxicity out (don't join ES General, just don't). Also make sure to avoid any posts that are like "Criticising your avi" "biggest pet peeves" or similarly negative posts. They always end up going down hill ungodly fast.

TLDR: Everskies is cool but avoid the players like the plauge (it's playable w/o interaction with others I promise).

Or redecorate?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 17:21:16 )

@Flower: Hey welcome! We love Newbies, so just make yourself at home. We are a small but active site. I don't know of any other sites like DV. I'm on it sometimes to play games. I'm on here to chat and make avatars. ^^

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 17:35:07 )
@MaxIsConfused: I've heard about the everskies community before but I didn't think it was quite that bad! I'll probably check it out because I often times don't really participate in the forum part of virtual sites like these, the only ones I've felt comfortable using are the DV forums because it's very cozy and friendly and this one because it's like the main part of the site

@Totalanimefan: Thank you so much for the warm welcome!! I've seen you on a lot of forum posts seeing as I'm sort of farming volts and getting used to the community lol it's very nice to see someone so into this site even if it's not as known

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 19:26:24 )
@Stinky: It sounds really interesting!! And the sign in site looks pretty dope too, I'll def play for a while and see how I like it, the amount of colour customization you mentioned is really interesting so I'll be sure to try it out

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 21:53:21 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Flower: Welcome to Voltra! You can check the Newbie Guide for info that might be helpful.

Voltie — she/they Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 22:28:16 )
@PoeticTorment: I have read trough it already, and it is very helpful to get your bearings of how the site works and such. Also thank you so much for the welcoming gift!! <3

all hail the gay mushrooms

Voltie — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 22:31:59 )

Head In The Clouds~ (Ping Please!)

@Flower: You're welcome! :)

Please ping!! I'm a busy mom and tend to get lost~

^^Page prizes = FREE Sketch!!
It's only forever~ It's not long at all...

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/30 22:40:20 )

Welcome to Voltra!

Voltie — Z/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/1 02:45:35 )
@Flower: Welcome. Z here...kinda...lil sleepy lateely lol...... idk much about forum games, but, wouldn't mind getting to know ya.

Ping me and bring me food..=0.0=

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 00:03:56 )

@Flower: Great. I sent you a trade with some stuff ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/05/2 11:38:44 )
@Flower:
Welcome to Voltra!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.