Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Help & Support Newbie guide {Open}

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 21:59:41 )

Hello new people, you have stumbled upon the newbie guide. Here you will find everything you need to know of Voltra. This guide will help you get around on Voltra.

Let me start with some helpful links:
- Forum Rules
- Voltra Crates
- Item Previews
- Price Guide
- Exchange
- Voltra Commons Prices

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 22:27:43 )

First of all when wanting to create a post click the create a topic button found at the top of each forum. Then put in a desired topic title. If you only want to post some text you can put your text in topic content and then hit the create topic button. Done! If you want to edit a post or comment click the edit button on the topic/comment.

However you might want some more like smileys an image or change of color. That is really easy. When creating a topic or comment you will find smileys to use on the right. And on top of the topic/post content you will find buttons to change the font, bold a word, add a link etc.

- To see which fonts you can use check here: cssfontstack
- BBcode Guide

To make a post and make the most out of it hit preview post. A new page will pop up with the full comment editor. On top you will find a preview of your post. This is a great way to see if you made any mistakes in your comment. The smiley and buttons part is the same as when creating a topic. The differnts here are the post action. With those you can generate a random nummer or roll a dice.

Die Rolling!
  • You can roll up to 5 sets of die on a single post with unique sides for each.
  • You may roll up to a 100 sided die.
  • You may roll up to 20 times per unique side of die.
  • You will be shown the range of what number you can get total while you're entering in the die roll sides and rolls.

Random Number Generation
  • You can generate a random number between 0 and 2,147,483,647.
  • For ranges between 0 - 99,999 an image will be shown. Higher ranges will not show an image (it'd stretch the page too much.)

Ping people
When answering a comment from someone you can ping them. When you ping them they will get a notify of your comment made to them. If a user is on the same page you can click the mention button above their post. It will then add the ping code. You can also add the code yourself. It is @ username : without spaces. When typing your message you need to do so right after the ping code. Not below it. Or else the person you tried to ping won't be notified.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/14 23:42:59 )

Posting here is nice but it is better when you have a nice looking avatar. Creating an avatar here is not that hard. You just need to know the ins and outs.

To create an avatar hover over your usericon in the top right. It will say change my avatar. Click on it and it will take you to your inventory. The first tab is called appearance. Here you can add your base, eyes, nose etc. To add an item click on it. When I click on the skin item 5 skin colors pop up. Click on one to add it.

This goes for all items. If you have multiplies of an item they will stacked onto each other. Don't worry you can use them all.

As you can see here once you use an item it will unstack. Once you used 2 poses you can click on the other item to add more poses.
When you are done click save my avatar! Click unequip all if you want to get rid of all items or click on the items in equipped items. If you only want to remove 1 item, click on said item in equipped items.

We also have an outfit closet. Here you can save your favorite avatars. You have 5 free avatar slots. If you want more slots you can buy them. You can also name your avatar.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 00:07:56 )

Shop till you drop. The shops are there to give your avatar a boost. To go there click on the shops link in the top left. When you go there you will find 7 shops. The last one is not in use yet. And the first one is for when you donate. All the other shops are shops where you can buy with volts. Our posting currency. To buy something click on one of the shops. I use Vivacious Hair for this guide.

Here you can find all hairs. To buy one and see what it looks like click on it. Don't worry you are not buying anything yet.

Here you will see an example of the hair + all color options available. Click the colors to try them out. Once you found the color you like click the purchase button. Done the item is now in your inventory. If you want to buy an item in a colour you already own you will get a warning. If you click the colour it will say "You already own this item, would you like to purchase another?". This is to make sure you don't accidently buy the same item twice.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 00:26:30 )

We also have a trading function here. Which means you can trade/sell items with/to other users. To start a trade click on the trade buttom under someone's user avatar.

After you clicked on it it will take you to a page that says: Your trade request has been sent to username. Below that you will find a list of active trades. On that page you can also start a trade. Trading here goes like this: You send a trade --> other person needs to accept --> you add items and accept trade --> other person add's items and accepts --> You do the final accept.

How to add items and retract items:

When you click on an item you can select the amount you wanne trade. It is either 1,2,3,4,5 or 10 items. If you wanne trade 20 of the same item click on it select 10. And then click on it again to select another 10.

If you want to trade let's say 7 of the same items you will do the following. Click on the item and select 10. When they are added to the trade click on that item and you can retract any amount.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 00:56:26 )

When you join your profile is empty. In your settings you can fill it out. There you can also add a signature and change some other stuff. To go to your settings click on the settings link next to your avi's. You can now also change your username. First time is free. After that it increases with 5k each time.

You don't really have to do anything on your personal settings page. So let's go to my profile information. Here you can fill out your whole profile. Don't mess with Custom profile CSS unless you know what you are doing. When done click save changes. Now click forum signature. Here you can add your signature. It can be text, image or a link.

This is where you add your forum post settings. It is nothing more then chancing the way your posts look. You can add all BBcodes in your post style. Images are allowed as post style but text isn't.

Example of a post style.

Here you can add your signature. It can be an image, text or clickable link. Images are added through the [img] code. A link can be added through the [url] code. This makes the link clickable. To make a text link you start with [url=] and add the url after =. To make an image clickable you again start with [url=] and then use [img] after that.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 00:57:45 )

We also have a daily chance! On the front page you will find a space ship. If the space ship is moving you can click on it to recieve a gift. You can either win volts, ohms, or items. The ratio is currently 25% chance at currency (Volts or Ohms) and 75% chance at items. When you are new you have to wait 24 hours before you can click it.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 00:57:51 )

If you have a problem with a user here, instead of fighting it out on voltra you can block that user. That way said person will not be able to read any of your posts anymore. You will not be able to block any staff members.

If you wanne block a person you will find an ignore button under the avatar. A popup comes up asking if you are sure you wanne block this person. This is because people had it happening that they accidently clicked that button. When you have agreed to ignore you will be taken to your blocked list.
You can also block a user through their profile:

And through their comment on your profile:

The avatar(s) and username(s) of the people you blocked show up here. You can also add a reason why you blocked them. If at one point you want to unblock them you can do so here as well. To go to this list later on click the friends online dropdown and then view my friends. Here you will find a manage ignore list button. If someone is harassing, stalking you etc then don't just block them but contact a mod as well.

Donator Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 00:59:32 )
And then everything was added. People can post now!

Donator — Cat Lady Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 01:09:02 )
This is a very helpful topic, but I think it might be better suited in the Welcome forum. That way more newbies can see it!

Donator — She/Her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 01:18:58 )
@vengeance: its great that you made this but I agree with Morbid Curiosity
this really should be over in the Welcome Committee but nice work
If you can’t say something nice, Don’t say anything at all!

Donator — She/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 02:25:50 )
Wow your guide looks really nice~
By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Female Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/15 11:42:49 )
What a useful thread this is! <3 Thank you.

Voltie Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 01:40:11 )
Thank you for the thread. I just joined today so it is helping.

Donator — she/her Posted 7 years ago ( 2017/09/18 06:43:22 )
Thank you very much for creating this thread!

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2017/11/4 21:48:04 )

So the guide has been updated :)

Donator Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/3 22:47:14 )

Since voltra is open again to new people they should be able to see this! Do I need to add anything?

Admin — He/Him Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/4 02:11:35 )
@vengeance: This thread will definitely come in handy for our new Volties! ^_^
If you need assistance or just want to chat, you may contact me anytime by ping or PM.

Voltie Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/4 05:37:28 )
ohh ohh this is an awesome idea

Mule of star2000shadow

Quest | Memory Jar |

Donator — she/her Posted 6 years ago ( 2018/03/4 13:31:14 )
This is a wonderfully helpful thread. I wish I had seen it when I first joined!
Currently Questing;
keep warm
librarian
fabled
draconic dream

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.