Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games Favorite Underrated Games?

Voltie — any Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 07:27:21 )
I love Animal Crossing and Breath of the Wild as much as anybody, but I honestly enjoyed Skyward Sword as much for different reasons (and sometimes wish New Horizons was more like New Leaf). Does anybody else have favorites that don't cause as much of a stir as some of the other games in their series? Or stand-alone games that didn't get enough recognition?

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 14:48:11 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Omori! Ppl seem to write it off as an undertale copy of some kind, and while you can tell theres some inspiration its still difrent! Well ofc both are still RPG maker style games but alot of games look similer in that regards.
Omoris story is just wonderful with a splash of creepynes mixed with it.
I wish ppl gave Omori the change it deserves, i know theres a decent amount of ppl that have played it tho but i dont get how its not more populair at all.

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 17:09:07 )

I like Kamiko for the Switch. I've heard good things about Golf Story and Read the Room but I haven't played them.
If you like farming games Rune Factory 4S is an underrated game. I highly recommend it. I haven't bought 5 yet, but I will soon.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 19:45:03 )

My fave isn't a console game.
      It's for the pc through Steam, it's called Creativerse.
      It's Minecraft a little to the left. lol
      I think the graphics and overall design is nicer than Minecraft though, bc the pixel stuff makes my eyes cross (sometimes even with a nice shader).
      Plus CV is free to play, and the pro is only $20. (Which is so worth it tbh.)

Donator — they/them Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 20:33:19 )
@ShyFirefly:
I'd say it gained more traction once the remake came out but, Shadow of the Colossus.
In fact, a lot of things made by Team ICO. I never played Ico or The Last Guardian though.
But! I have seen play-throughs of TLG by some of my friends who also stream.

I miss New Leaf so much, in that is another mini-game called 'Desert Island Escape'.
My friend Crystal used to stream that a lot and people would whine, "This isn't New Leaf!"
Even though it's a little puzzle/adventure kind of game, it's still adorable no less.

Other games I feel are under-rated:
Mirror's Edge, A Walk in the Dark, & Dust: An Elysian Tail.

(Still need to beat Dust & Walk in the Dark).

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/7 23:22:40 )
My alltime childhood fav is hounting ground for ps2 its just perfekt in so many ways though
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Voltie — any Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 01:19:09 )
@GoblinsAndTea: I love the art style of that game, I love games with more of an Earthbound or Undertale style. One of my favorite games as a kid (and probably now, if I could find the time to replay it) was Contact for the DS. It fell under the same feel that the rest of these rpgs have, but I really enjoyed the plot. I might have to check out Omori, it looks like something I could spend quite a lot of time getting into!

@Anarchist Beauty: I’m so glad I’m not the only one who can’t do Minecraft, it’s not so bad if I’m playing it for a minute but if I have to watch my partner play it with their little sibling I get dizzy. There’s a fine line somewhere between the pixilated style of older games (I can play Super Mario just fine) and the high definition games where it’s dizzy-city for me.

Honestly once my classes are over I might have to use this thread as a to-do list, sometimes I think the less recognized games are more rewarding than the overhyped ones.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 02:39:33 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Kory: Ive had Oneshot in my wishlist for awhile now, but im not a huge gamer so i realy buy like 1 mayby 2 games a year (im more into watching other ppl play games lol). Im happy you mentioned it tho, i think the next time i decide to buy a game it will finaly be Oneshot lol.

On that note tho; whilst i absolutly love Undertale, i find it sad that ppl have now put it on this golden pedestole for indie games. Even Deltarune wasent save from it, wich on one hand is understandable but it also dosnt give Toby Fox the freedom to try new things bc they "arent Undertale".

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/8 06:23:34 )

@ShyFirefly: Omg, someone who gets it. lol

And I agree. I like smaller type games.
      I also got Deiland from Steam (it was free when I got it) and it's honestly the cutest little game.
      The same game devs made another one, Summer in Mara, and I want that, too.
      And oooh, I just checked and it's on sale rn for $10... Very tempting.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 11:56:21 )
Does ' vampire the masquerade bloodlines' count as underrated?
Cause then aside from being my favorite game it would also be my favorite underrated one lol.
I love everything about it and sometimes get lost going down the wiki rabbit hole reading all the lore oops.
Also has a great soundtrack that fits the vibe perfectly. Was kind of ahead of it's time imo.

Rip bloodlines 2 though.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/04/9 11:59:49 )
@Kory: Ohh ONE SHOT! Thumbs up for mentioning that one.
It's amazing, totally not biased because i got a niko plush a few weeks ago ;o;
I need to play it again some time to get a different ending lol
Sorry if Reply late!
Please ping me!

Questing

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.