Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Happy Weekend!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 18:46:21 )

Hey all, happy Friday and the weekend. Do you guys have any plans?
I think for see I'm going to be playing Legends Arceus. I'm still obsessed.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 18:58:06 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

@Totalanimefan:

I've been playing Legends Arceus too! I've actually been hunting pokemon more in this game than I ever have before.

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/4 20:43:47 )

@Spider: Same here. Also I beat SMTV the week before it was released. So that was good timing on my part. I didn't think that I would love Legends Arceus as much as I do. I just got to the 5th place, but I stopped there because I have two papers to write. I gotta get started.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 05:41:44 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I recently bought Omori and have been playing that alot (god im emotional rn) so ill likely be playing that + on sunday i normally play dnd

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 05:52:39 )
just gonna be listening to music.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 17:03:59 )

anime anime anime anime anime anime anime anime animehdfjelfhfdjdsfd

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:21:21 )

@Q t e a p o n: That's about it? That sounds like an action packed weekend!
@Purpsy: The perfect way to spend the weekend. Which anime?
@Shark: Nice ^^ What about also reading? I know you have a few books.
@GoblinsAndTea: Both good choices. Can't go wrong with either one.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:23:05 )

Woke up early and spent some time with my husband. It's cold, so we just laid in bed and I played on the Switch and he read. It was really nice. We got delivery from District Doughnut and let me tell you, it was amazing. We have lots of left overs as we shared just one cinnamon roll and one donut. Those cinnamon rolls were amazing. Just as good as my grandma used to make.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:25:14 )

@Q t e a p o n: I mean, good for you for doing lots of stuff that you both enjoy and are actively working towards goals. If it makes you happy there is nothing wrong with it. ^^

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:34:07 )

@Totalanimefan:
@Q t e a p o n:

Well... I'm still deciding to be honest. I just finished watching Love is War season 1 and 2 so I'm kind of stump what to watch next... any recommendations? Has to be complete though because I have no patience waiting on episodes anymore (^▽^;)

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:40:53 )
@Q t e a p o n: I'm all over the place with music. been really into sad/weird stuff right now. $uicideboy$, Lord Gasp, Bladee, Korn, Ruby My Dear, and Delta Sleep are what I've been listening to the most lately.

@Totalanimefan: yeah, reading too. I usually just read before falling asleep.

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 18:49:56 )

@Purpsy: That's a great name. Season 3 is coming out this spring!
I always recommend Fruits Basket (2019) it has 3 seasons and is complete. It's a masterpiece!

@Shark: That's what my husband does too. He has a kindle and he is always reading until like 2am lol

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 19:12:47 )

@Totalanimefan: Whaaaa there's a third season coming out for love is war this year!?
Yes! Spring anime season is going to be a good one woo~
And yes I'm a huge fan of Fruits Basket but sadly I watched the whole 3 seasons already TAT

@Q t e a p o n: I've heard so much about it xD
I already spoiled myself watching one of the episodes with my brother once, but I'm a bit hesitant since it's slightly ecchi.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 19:19:00 )

@Q t e a p o n: I enjoy forums too, and in 2020 and 2021 Voltra really kept me sane. Right now I'm back in school so I'm putting all of my time into that. :)
That roll will set you way back if you are trying to lose weight. You could just feel your tummy adding on the pounds. But it was a nice treat.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 19:20:52 )

@Purpsy: I'm excited for it. My husband reads it and he says what happens in the future is very good but he doesn't know if the anime will cover where he is up to in the future.
Oh darn. I just finished Those Snow White Notes. That wasn't bad. Another unique anime most having seen but is good is Tatami Galaxy.

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/5 20:47:29 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@Q t e a p o n: ah i understand! It took me years b4 i started to play tbh.
My best friend really wanted to play and joined a group, ended up not liking the group at all and decided to DM instead.
She didnt have alot of experience but was determined. Imma be honest you can do all the research you want and watch other people play but youl only really start to get it once you start imo.

The group im in consists of another friend of mine and some people we found on dnd beyond and other avi sites. Also yes i say "we", dispite the DM normally being a "leader" of some sort she asked me to be "little boss" (My task is mainly discord related and i help with art when needed + ive got more experience leading in groups and not to tooth my own horn but im way more orgenized). So for me it was a bit easyer to settle in + somebody with alot more experience is in the group who loves to help out when needed.

Id try to see if a friend is intrested aswel as its always easyer to do something new with a trusted person.
Id also see how youd preffer to play, irl or online. Both have pros and cons. I personally have only played online so my experience is based on that.
If you want to play online the best method to find a group is looking on dnd beyond. Theres a forum where DMs can post that they seek players. Usually they also write what kind of style ect.
Irl i think its best to seek out fb groups of some kind like "dnd area you live in" or go to a game shop. Some host games others may know how or where to find them ect. You may also find a stand on a con and ask for more info.

A good thing to have is the players handbook... but its a lil expensive. It does go in depth of the basic races and classes, explains alot of other stuff too. I personally have a physical copy (it looks awsome) but i know theres a pdf copy aswel.
A youtuber i find verry helpful is Ginny Di
She talks alot about characters, what to do, roleplay ect

Let me knwo if you have any questions ^^

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/6 15:53:28 )

@Totalanimefan: Hmm yeah I get that :/
Even if it's one the most popular anime but is not very common for most animes to even last up to third season. I hope they do though, but once in a awhile I'm shock that fruit basket 2019 covered everything even if it's rushed into it.

Ooh Tatami Galaxy had that unique art style. I dig that :3
Somehow it reminds me of Nana which I remembered I was planning to watch the anime. I think I remember reading the manga when I was younger hmm...

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/6 22:52:30 )

@Purpsy: I love Nana! I read the manga and I watched the anime when it came out. Why it stopped is because the Manga artist got hospitalized from stress and overwork while working on the manga. She hasn't picked up the pen since. Which is too bad because I really loved that series.
Tatami Galaxy's art style is so cool! It's the same person that does the art for the album covers for Asian Kung-Fu Generation. (Who also sings the opening!)

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/6 23:37:59 )

★彡 @Totalanimefan: Awe that's unfortunate :/
I've heard such good reviews and it seems quite underrated too.

Wait... is that an American band? The name sounds so familiar... 彡★

Art DumpAvatar GalleryQuest Items

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/02/6 23:45:29 )

@Purpsy: I love the new post style!
Yeah I'm not sure why no one has seen it, maybe because it's really fast?
No they are a Japanese band. They do an opening to Naruto, Bleach, Tatami-Galaxy and FMA (Original)
Oh and Erased.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.