Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat It’s Snowing!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 16:17:08 )

We are getting what is considered a lot of snow for the DC area! And it will continue snowing for the next 5 hours. We have 5 inches so far. When it stops I’m going to see if I can build a snowman ⛄️
Twitter Account for local weather. Retweets people’s weather pics too.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 16:21:37 )

Voltie — They/He Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 17:24:28 )
Should they keep it on display...

Eyyyy we're experiencing the same storm! There's so much snow... Snowmen could be built but I'm sure as hell not stepping foot outside if I can help it. Ya boy likes staying warm, thanks.

Or redecorate?

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 17:48:35 )
Hoooraaaay
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 18:32:27 )

@MaxIsConfused: I like staying warm too. It's still snowing out! I'll update the 2nd post with more pics. ^^
@Miss Sandman: Yes it's even more than they thought it would be. I think we are up to 20 cm.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 19:21:19 )
Your pictures are so white! <3
So pretty!
I'm envious, but also unprepared for thick snow here. I lived in mountains for lots of years and always expected tons of snow [literally]. X)
We live in a desert area near a mountain now. lol. It's a flip of a coin if we get hit with snow or not each year.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 20:25:46 )
    Ooooo it looks beautiful :D I am jealous! We are due some frost but apparently only the north will get actual snow. I love snow!

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 21:49:54 )
hi omg hi

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/3 21:51:14 )
@Totalanimefan: hi lolololol, it is snow ing lol omg

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 00:24:39 )

@Koah: This was considered a big storm for this area. Like only once in 5 years kind of big. It was exciting to see everyone on Twitter so excited. ^^ Thanks my phone has a good camera ^^ Do you like getting snow?

@sunny: Yeah snow is pretty rare in the UK. Today was a blizzard and there wasn't any sleet to mess it up. It was so pretty! And the snow was really soft and powdery.

@er henderson: lol yes. Have you ever seen snow in rl?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 00:31:23 )
    @Totalanimefan: soft and powdery is the best kind of snow. We actually had snow in early December, which is super rare.

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 00:39:18 )

@sunny: Oh yeah. I forgot about that. That was like a week before I got there

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 01:51:00 )
@Totalanimefan: I love snow! <3 I miss my mountain homes. :3 I didn't realize snow storms weren't every year out there. :d

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 02:42:40 )

@Koah: That's kinda sad. I hope that you get them! How was last year?

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 03:55:25 )

@koneko The storm was to the south of me. So the further south one was, the more it snowed for them. ^^

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 04:01:06 )

Not jelly of that either. That was happening to the south of me. My area got about 8-9 inches.
Thrusdaynight/Fridayearly we might get a little something?

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 04:46:30 )
@Totalanimefan: We only got a brisk of snow for a couple days last year. We got snow today for a bit, but it didn't stick. Still, it's pretty. :3 No complaints. My car won't be able to handle heavy snow if we do get a lot this year. o3o'

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 04:47:53 )

Haha yeah it was really a lot. Luckily it was powdery and light so it wasn't hard to shovel. I do like that it shut everything down and everyone collectively got to enjoy something. It's been too long since we all/society got to enjoy events together (cause of Rona)
You can have some of it.

@Koah: How much is considered a lot?
It's cool to watch it fall, but it is prettier when it sticks. Tomorrow is supposed to be cold and clear so I might go for a walk and see how it all looks. Last year in total this area got 6inches, so to get 8-10 today was a bunch!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 06:52:34 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

yay! we finally got snow a few days ago.
And it's been the only snow of the year so far. It's been so dry where I live.
Storms have kept passing us by, which makes it so much more dry and makes me feel quite sick. :vanora_sweat:

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2022/01/4 18:13:19 )
@Totalanimefan: A lot to me is measured by feet. :3 I've been snowed in a few times because I couldn't open my front door. lol! At one point, I went out the bedroom window and got into the garage to get the shovel and my neighbor saw me and plowed my driveway. XD
I do love snow.
A lot of snow in my new area would be measured by 3+ inches. :d My little car needs new tires. o3o' I wouldn't trust it until I got new tires.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.