Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Welcome Committee Hello There...

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 09:26:16 )
I hope the next thought in your mind is "General Kenobi"... If it's not that's ok. Star Wars isn't for everyone.

But hi! I'm Car! Or Carn. Or Carnie. I used to belong to the long lost site Menewsha. If you know me from there (My username is nearly identical but alas the ' is an undesirable symbol) feel free to say hey! I knew you when!

Anywho, this site came up on my discord with fellow old time Menewshains so I thought I'd give it a try. I'm older now than I was when I joined my last active avatar site by about a decade XD In my 30s, I work on a farm so I can get busy and not busy in unpredictable bursts. But I'll do my best to try and keep up with a new community.

I like Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Modern Fantasy books but I catch a few that fall between those genre cracks. I like Anime and Manga. Classics like Trigun, Cowboy BeBop, Big-O... Also newer works like MHA and Daemon Slayer. My nephews got me into those XD. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou is my all time favorite Manga but I have a few others that are near and dear.

I play SWTOR and RDR2 PC. ACNH is also my jam along with a multitude of other games.

I haven't really delved into the formatting and such for the site but I'm sure I will get around to that. Eventually. Maybe. It's a crap shoot honestly but I'll blunder my way though eventually. I've at least seen to a basic profile! But if there's more you want to know about me, let me know!

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 10:04:19 )
@CarACarn: I just though of the interview with ozzy osborne "hellloooo theeeere"
But well I like Starwars very much!

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 10:31:02 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Welcome! I hope youl have fun here :^D
You also arived at a great time! Theres curently an event going on!

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 15:02:51 )

@CarACarn: -pounces- HIIIII CARN! -hugs-
Glad to see another familiar name.

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 15:35:11 )

@CarACarn: hey welcome to Voltra. Most of us are in our 20’s and 30’s so that’s no problem. Obviously I also like anime ^^
A lot of us love ACNH so I think you will fit in just fine. (There is also a new Pokémon game out today if you like Pokemon. Gen 4 remakes )

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/19 16:13:11 )
    Hey, welcome to Voltra :)

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 00:49:12 )

Welcome to Voltra! ^^

I hear so much about Menewsha, but I never had an account on there. I'm starting to think I missed out on the hype haha.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 01:29:22 )
@CarACarn: Welcome to Voltra, fellow 30-something!

I'm a huge fan of MHA and Demon Slayer, so whoo! Just finished the latest season of MHA and watched the latest movie in theaters. Super pumped for the new Demon Slayer season, though I need to watch their series for Mugen Train. Soooo much other anime I need to watch as well!

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 04:27:43 )
Miss Sandman:
@CarACarn: I just though of the interview with ozzy osborne "hellloooo theeeere"
But well I like Starwars very much!

@Miss Sandman: Hah! Well that works too :P I never saw that interview but I just went and looked for it on youtube and... Wow. It sounds just like Obi Wan XD

GoblinsAndTea:

Welcome! I hope youl have fun here :^D
You also arived at a great time! Theres curently an event going on!

@GoblinesAndTea: Thank you! I hope I do too. It's been a while since I've been on an Avatar site. And this event you speak of, Is it The Surge?

dragoness129:

@CarACarn: -pounces- HIIIII CARN! -hugs-
Glad to see another familiar name.

@dragoness129: Oh my glob it's a dragoness!! Hiii! How are you? I hope you've been well and it's good to see you! :P

@dragoness129:
Totalanimefan:

@CarACarn: hey welcome to Voltra. Most of us are in our 20’s and 30’s so that’s no problem. Obviously I also like anime ^^
A lot of us love ACNH so I think you will fit in just fine. (There is also a new Pokémon game out today if you like Pokemon. Gen 4 remakes )

@Totalanimefan: Haha with a username like that I hope you like anime XD But good to hear! :P ACNH is one of my top games right now. I do love pokemon though I came to the fandom late. I haven't even finished Shield yet D: So it will probably be a while till I get to the new one. I do like their remakes though. I didn't play the original Ruby but I started playing when Omega Ruby came out.

sunny:
    Hey, welcome to Voltra :)

Thank you @Sunny:! :D

Ark:

Welcome to Voltra! ^^
I hear so much about Menewsha, but I never had an account on there. I'm starting to think I missed out on the hype haha.

@Ark: Thank you! And yes it was a really cool place (though of course I am biased XD) And we had many a blast! I actually thought Avatar sites were mostly dead till I saw dragoness had posted this link so this place is a happy surprise :D

Aisukohi:
@CarACarn: Welcome to Voltra, fellow 30-something!

I'm a huge fan of MHA and Demon Slayer, so whoo! Just finished the latest season of MHA and watched the latest movie in theaters. Super pumped for the new Demon Slayer season, though I need to watch their series for Mugen Train. Soooo much other anime I need to watch as well!

@Aisukohi: Haha, thank you!
I will say I need to catch up a lot on MHA...
Last I left off on the Anime, Deku had just helped to defeat hero killer Stain and Endeavor was going after... I forget but he was fighting someone too. XD

Honestly I have to keep a list of Anime and Manga that I want to read just so I can keep track XD

Kory:

@CarACarn:
CARN!!
It's me, Ava! 8D I used to be Ava until I came out as non-binary and now I use Kory, as it's a more gender neutral name. :D
How are you?? It's nice to see someone from Menewsha again!

But there are lots of us here from Menewsha. xD

@Kory: HEEEY! :P Well then I shall adopt your new name! It's good to see you Kory! I hope you are doing well! I'm doing alright. Kinda same ol same ol. Still farming, still have chickens, down to one goat. The usual XD It's so nice to see so many familiar faces :P

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 04:39:50 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@CarACarn: The surge im pretty sure is just a written report of site stuff.
But at the top next to ur lil avatar thingy theres a door, if you click that youl get all the fast links to the evnt stuff :^D

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 05:42:46 )
Oh hoo! I see now! Thank you for the pointer! :P I some how managed to get into the event forum but It was a very round about way through an update from Mayor Volkan that showed up in my alerts XD I appreciate it!

Donator — She/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 05:50:42 )

@CarACarn: I played Shield so much when it came out. The game that has had my attention since it came out last week is Shin Megami Tensei V. It’s like of Pokémon was hard and you had to make some very hard choices between Law and Chaos.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — PomePome Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 08:35:35 )
@CarACarn: well i just know the movies in the German syncro so i unfotunatly dont know ;A;
~Pls Ping me~
Nothing fancy to see here!!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 17:23:24 )
@CarACarn: No worries! I know where you're at, and that arc was fantastic, imo. I don't know about others, but the latest season of MHA got me all over in the feels.

I used to keep track of anime I've seen or need to see on a site called hummingbird.me, but then I stopped keeping track and now I don't even remember my login info. xDD

Do you have any questions about Voltra?

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/20 22:59:33 )
Total - I've seen Shin Megami Tensei games around but didn't really know what it is about till I looked it up today XD It looks interesting and I do love a good RPG. I might have to put that on my list if I can ever get my nose out of other games XD

Miss Sandman - Oh gotcha. I imagine they'd sound a bit different that the original actors then XD

@Aisukohi: - I did enjoy it quite a bit. I forget why I stopped watching but now I want to get back to the show XD

Hah! I have lost so many logins over the years, I feel ya. I just have my manga written out on a text doc though. I should migrate it to a spreadsheet and get fancy XD

I do actually! Have some questions that is :P
I've been poking around a bit on the site, finding code guides and what not. I couldn't find though if there was a place to search for things within the forums so I was wondering, does such a feature exist?

Also, back on Mene, we had a @everyone mention that would ping your whole friends list. Does that exist here and also to people get bothered here by mentions? I guess I mean is there an unspoken etiquette about it.

And finally, (for now at least XD) Do notifications just go away by themselves? Or is there a place where you can go to clear them manually?

EDIT: Can I also just say... OMG... The fact that the inventory auto sorts everything is so fantastic :O I used to lose stuff in the drawer system on my old site so often XD

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 17:08:08 )

@CarACarn: Been doing as well as can be, yep.
Excited for Thanksgiving (even if we are celebrating it here on next Sunday) and my birthday on Black Friday (even though I have to work on it).
We have been trying to see if we can find other past Menewshans on the Mene Discord server. So far you are the first one we were able to find (out of those who had not already joined the server that is, lol). ♥

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/21 23:11:31 )
@CarACarn: Hey, whatever helps you keep track of your stuff! I have a pocket-sized composition book with most of my login credentials written in it, which I need to update some.

For your questions, as far as I know, we don't have that search function, but I too wish we did. I don't think we have the ability to ping all our friends at once (at least not that I'm aware of) but that sounds like a handy feature that you might suggest!

For the notifications, I don't think there's a way to delete them, but towards the top, you can mark them all as "read" which helps me since I can't stand leaving notifications up lol.

And I appreciate the alphabetized inventory as well! Helps me find things quicker until they implement the search function in our inventory, which I'm hella looking forward to!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 08:47:20 )
@dragoness129: - Me too! We've got our menu all figured out and tomorrow is my last trip into town for groceries. I hate driving around crazy people lately so I'm making sure shopping is done before the day so things aren't too crazy XD Ohh happy early birthday! That sucks you have to work on it but hopefully it is a good day regardless!

I am besties with Woodlandnymph and Linnea IRL. I'm not sure they are into the avatar site scene anymore, Woody got married a few years ago and Linnea is working hard on her job IRL but I will poke them and see if they want to join or say hi! I used to chat with Ignis on Mene but I haven't heard from her in a long while. Besides that I don't have direct contact to anyone else. If I can make some time to dig into Mene's backend, I'll look and see if there are any password reset request that have built up over the year. There were only 2 last December but there may be a few more since I haven't checked in forever :O

@Aisukohi: - Sadly my passwords are not at all that well organized. I find I often have to reset mine when I forget them >.>...

Gotcha ok. I'll have to check around for the suggestions thread then! It'd be a nice feature to have but I find searching though google works too.

Ohh I didn't see that button for marking as read! Thank you for the pointer! :)

Mene did not have a search feature for inventory either so that is something to look forwards too. Thank you for taking the time to answer my Qs! I appreciate it!

@Kory: - Me too! And I think I'm ok on items for the moment. Total was nice enough to send me a few fancy doodads from previous events. I haven't delved into the whole event/contribution item list yet so I'm not sure what all is available. I was used to having facial features (eyes nose etc) at the get go from Mene so it was a little different figuring out where to get those on Voltra XD If you have any suggestions of popular items to quest though I wouldn't say no to that!

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 01:26:39 )

@CarACarn: Nice! Yes, it is good to have it all figured out and all the ingredients before hand.
Thanks! At least we are getting free food that day so we don't have to bring a breakfast or a lunch. Donuts and pizza!
Nice! Yeah, I've been noticing that I am not as into the sites as I have been in the past. Now I just pop on every once and again to see what's new.
Yeah, it can be rough not knowing what happened to friends from years ago. I was sad to hear about Fauxreal passing away earlier this year from Covid.

Artist Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 17:20:37 )
@CarACarn: CARN!!!! You’re here!!! Welcome welcome!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.