Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Reaping Ritual 2021: Restless Slumber Terrifying Tiny Tales: Two Sentence Writing Contest

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 01:47:00 )

"Thisss is terrible..." Arika sighs to herself. You can't help but wonder what's on her mind as you approach. Spotting you, she offers you a faint smile, but you can see the worry behind her eyes, "I'm sorry, it's jussst... Our friends seem to be in sssuch a predicament right now... And there's nothing we can do currently to help. I'm not sure what to do with myself..."

As she lets out a solemn sigh, you see her husband Berinhard approach you. He claps a very large hand on your shoulder, leaning in to whisper loudly, "She is having a hard time. I'm very worried too, but maybe we could be lifting the spirits around here, yes?"

That isn't a bad idea, it does seem like everyone around Voltra could use a morale boost during these troubling times... well, Arika is a natural storyteller. Perhaps she'd like to tell us all a story?

This seems to catch her attention, and she gives you a faint smile, "Normally, yesss, but I'm not sure my heart is in it today..."

"Ah! But you can tell us a story, yes?" Berin booms excitedly, throwing his arms out wide, "In fact, everyone can share stories!"

"If everyone is sharing, we'd better keep them short then..." Arika hums to herself, "And perhapsss we could embrace the spirit of the ssseason... I'd like to hear something sssspine tingling."

Short and creepy tales huh? You could probably think of something...

Npc — He/Him Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 01:47:00 )
Summary

Arika and Berinhard want to give a pleasant distraction and celebrate the season.
They've tasked you with creating a short, terrifying tale!

How It Works

• Create a creepy story using only two sentences.
  • You may submit up to three entries.
  • Entries will be accepted until November 30th 11:59pm Voltra Time
  • Winner will be decided by a vote starting December 1st until December 5th.
  • Each Voltie can only win a top prize with one of their stories.

Prizes

The top three rated stories will receive a Reaping Ritual '21 Bundle!

All participants will receive a Reaping Ritual '21 Goodie Bag.

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 01:47:00 )
    Submitted Tales

She opened the fridge.
    It was empty :(

One day I was walking by an old well when I heard a woman's voice calling for help. I called 911, and at the bottom of the well the police found the remains of a woman who had gone missing years ago.
    I ran through the city screaming for someone, for anyone. But no matter how hard I looked, there was no one but me left.
    There is a shadowy figure in my yard that I can only see when looking out my attic window. Every day it gets a bit closer, and now it is almost at my door.

Someone broke into the house last night, and when I shined the torch in their face, it was identical to my own. I thought it was a dream then, and went back to bed, but when I stumbled to the mirror this morning, I didn't recognise my face–it had changed overnight.

I was exited for the weekend.
    Until i realised its only tuesday.
    Dispite her dead years ago i still message her from time to time.
    But today she answerd.

The glass shatters around you, piercing your skin with the thousand sharp shards.
    "Oh no," your brother cries "Our table- it's broken."

She was awaken from her slumber as the cold of the night sent a numbing chill so deep into her body that she felt frozen in her dream. In a bit of a panic, she leaned over the bed to see if she had stripped her feet of her socks, and as she quickly sat up she noticed ghostly shadow figures surrounding the foot of her bed.

"You're not real," I whisper to my reflection in the mirror. She smiles back, innocent.

Sometimes, I wake up and I don't know who I am. But today, I got to choose.
    There's blood under my fingernails, and it's not mine. I'm scared.

As I wrapped up the autopsy, I looked around the room with the patient's heart in my gloved hand.
    I wonder why the surgeons were looking at me like that.
    I opened my door to the knocking, expecting to find someone there.
    Then I looked at the window.
    I can't look at your eyes, fixed on mine.
    Mine in the jar on the shelf.

It was a dreary grey morning when you hauled yourself to the lecture hall for the quarter's final exam. Nothing exciting on that test you suppose, but as you head back to your dorm after the exam, you hear your your classmate's panicked voice asking why you weren't present in the exam hall earlier.

You buy new windows for your house.
    The board says to you "Oh I'm sorry, you can't use these windows as you are in an historic district."

A relative said I had my mother's eyes.
    I'm not sure how he knew, but his are next.
    My wife passed away last year, but she'll always be with me.
    I just wish she'd quit staring at me like that.
    Every night since I've moved into this apartment, I've been kept awake by the sounds coming from beneath my unit.
    I live on the bottom floor.

Stuck in a single-stall public restroom after a spicy dinner.

There is no toilet paper.

Hours, upon hours, have ticked by and at last, it was time to switch layers.
    Only to find, she had been drawing on the wrong layer...

Black tendrils of smoke slithered across the floor, coiling around Ezra’s body, constricting tightly as red eyes glowed from the center of the billowing shadow figure.
    Ezra strained against the ethereal bonds, trying to yell, trying to cry out for someone, anyone to save him, but his lips were sealed shut, his muffled scream dying in his throat.
    The stranger stood before me, only, it was me; we matched perfectly from the top of my curly red locks, the bump on my nose, and right down to the scar at the corner of my mouth. I gasped, the air rushing from my lungs, and looked down in shock at the hilt of the dagger suddenly jutting from my chest.
    Stars spun lazily across her narrowing vision as she drifted through space, mentally counting down the seconds before she was nothing more than a human popsicle.
    Her empty O2 alarm blared in her ear at the same time something crashed against her helmet, snarling, slimy fangs raking her visor before the dark tunnel of her vision faded to black.

She invested 20 of the best years of her life and built her entire world around them.
    Then they moved out and she didn't know what to do with herself.

She shuffled down the cold, dimly lit street she had to travel to get to the safety of her home. She froze in place when she spotted a pair of glowing eyes staring back at her above a dark shape in the distance.

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 02:39:33 )
    Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
    .......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Do we submit the entry here in a post or PM them?

...If you wanna keep your head

Npc — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 02:49:07 )

@Spider: Sssubmitting your entries here is fine, darling.

Voltie Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 03:58:04 )

Oh man. I was excited until the 'two sentences' part. lmao
          Don't know if I can manage something that short. XD

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 05:33:21 )

A scary story by icedchai:

She opened the fridge.
    It was empty :(

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 07:03:51 )

My attempt:
    One day I was walking by an old well when I heard a woman's voice calling for help. I called 911, and at the bottom of the well the police found the remains of a woman who had gone missing years ago.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 07:08:36 )
    A scary story by Whimsy:
    Someone broke into the house last night, and when I shined the torch in their face, it was identical to my own. I thought it was a dream then, and went back to bed, but when I stumbled to the mirror this morning, I didn't recognise my face–it had changed overnight.

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 07:17:27 )

Second entry:
    I ran through the city screaming for someone, for anyone. But no matter how hard I looked, there was no one but me left.

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 07:35:37 )

And my final entry:
    There is a shadowy figure in my yard that I can only see when looking out my attic window. Every day it gets a bit closer, and now it is almost at my door.

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 10:25:28 )
    @Starlight: I love your final entry; it's deliciously creepy!

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 19:49:03 )

@Whimsy: Thank you! It's my favorite of the three as well

★~~Questing~~★

Donator — He/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 22:29:23 )
    (˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I was exited for the weekend.
    Until i realised its only tuesday.

Dispite her dead years ago i still message her from time to time.
    But today she answerd.

I also remember reading one years ago:
    The last man on earth sat alone in his house.
    There was a knock at the door.....
    (we have been trying to reach you about your cars extended waranty)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
    Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/17 23:48:56 )
      @GoblinsAndTea: lmfao that last one XD

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
    beanie doll! thank u cookie

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 01:38:26 )
    Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
    .......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Okay first one for now:

The glass shatters around you, piercing your skin with the thousand sharp shards.
    "Oh no," your brother cries "Our table- it's broken."

...If you wanna keep your head
    Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 02:38:48 )

She was awaken from her slumber as the cold of the night sent a numbing chill so deep into her body that she felt frozen in her dream. In a bit of a panic, she leaned over the bed to see if she had stripped her feet of her socks, and as she quickly sat up she noticed ghostly shadow figures surrounding the foot of her bed.

*(I'm taking inspiration from my life. It's said that when you're in the presence of a ghost you feel a cold spot. I live next door to a cemetery and often feel paranoid that I'm going to wake up to a shadow figure standing by my bed. Although the weather is getting colder, when I'm still cold in my bed after being bundled up in layers, at times I can't help but wonder if it's due to a ghostly presence. x_x; Most likely not, but still lol.)

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 03:28:48 )
    ❝ 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
    𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
    𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ... ❞

"You're not real," I whisper to my reflection in the mirror. She smiles back, innocent.

❝ ... 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
    𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
    𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 ❞

Donator — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 03:31:34 )
    ❝ 𝒘𝒆'𝒓𝒆 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
    𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆'𝒔 𝒏𝒐 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆
    𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚'𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒖𝒔 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏 ... ❞

Entry two:

Sometimes, I wake up and I don't know who I am. But today, I got to choose.

Entry three:

There's blood under my fingernails, and it's not mine. I'm scared.

❝ ... 𝒔𝒐 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈'𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕
    𝒘𝒆'𝒍𝒍 𝒃𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒍𝒇 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒐 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆
    𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒏𝒐 𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝒂 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏 ❞

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/18 04:33:20 )

@goblinsandtea: @spider:
    LOL thanks for the chuckle

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
    Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
    Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.