Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Games ACNH updateeeeees!!

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/17 23:47:46 )

I know there's another ACNH thread on here but it seemed more fleshed out and for a better purpose--I just wanted to make a quick thread to screech in a quick burst of excitement and hopefulness that the game may finally start filling with content soon!

Nintendo Direct ACNH updates

Updates coming on Nov 9!
ALthough the whole concept they did with the happy homes decoration bit doesn't sit well with me. Having to buy something AND pay annually/monthly, AND being locked out of it if you dont pay for it. I mean, sounds like mmorpgs but.... shouldn't be on a game that isn't solely for online play. I'll wait to see how that turns out and what feedbacks come of it.

But that aside, I'm excited! How do you all feel about the whole thing?

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/18 02:12:43 )

Thank you for making this thread. This update will make me pick up the game again. I haven’t since Cherry Blossom season lol.
I wish some of this stuff was around on launch. I would have loved to go to The Roost with my friends during the pandemic when it was the only way to hang with anyone.
I really like the various quality of life updates. I won’t be getting the DLC. It’s just not really apart of the game I would play a lot I think. It’s still cool! I wonder what other paid DLC they will have in the future?

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — She/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/18 02:39:28 )

I'm really excited for the update! The new gyroids look cute, and all of the new stuff will be fun to play with. For the paid DLC, I'll probably just buy it rather than use the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack for it. I'd rather own the DLC than rent it.

I have a lot to do on my island in the meantime. I haven't played in so long, and my island has way too many flowers on it, so I'm currently working on deflowering it a bit so I have more space to use for stuff. I also want to earn some more nook miles, clean out my storage, cut down some of my fruit trees, and so on.

Donator — He/him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/18 03:50:18 )
The hype is real!!! I'll probbo end up doing the online+dlc rent thing since if I'm not paying for their online thing I likely am not playing the game enough to touch the designer thing either
Really excited to see my man Kapp'n again and hear his funky tunes

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/18 05:27:24 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I used to play so much acnh and i got burned out. I hate how my island looks but ive got so much stuff i dont wanna get rid off and i dont have nintendo online to temporary drop it off at a friends. So im exited for the update but... idk lol. Like im happy with most of my villigers but i had an idea and then it just din turn out how i wanted and urg.

About the dlc: I know its extra money, its basicly happy home designer so a whole new game. But i didnt know you have to get the monthly subscription aswel? I thought that was just for some features of it not the whole dlc?
Id love to play it but if its subscription based i cant lol

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/18 05:31:20 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ok so i watched it again, and like im tired so i might b compleatly wrong.
But from my understanding you can play the dlc if you pay for it OR have the dlc "free" with one of the subsciption things.

AS to not spam this tread lol, on the nintendo site it says what ive written, id provide a screenshot but its in dutch and i honestly dont know how to change the setings lol.

Voltie — 666 Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/18 08:29:53 )

honestly soooooooooooo excited for it. i've never gotten off the acnh-wagon because it became my comfort game.

i already preordered 5 packs of series 5 amiibos.
pls ping me.

[ DEVIL ] LISH // art auction & hangout.

Voltie — They/He Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:44:41 )
Should they keep it on display...

Before the update came out, I started a new island named "Froggyhell" in tribute to our beloved Froggy Chair.
And now we are getting the Froggy Chair.
I'm going to buy so many froggy chairs you would not BELIEVE HOW EXCITED I AM

Or redecorate?

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/21 00:19:40 )

@goblinsandtea: I was confused about this too. So just to clarify: if I didn't want to do the subscription, I can pay the flat fee of $25 and get ALL the content from the DLC?

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/21 04:47:32 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@icedchai: from my understanding yea, ofc except the multiplayer parts.
The subscription thing is aperently something new that incl nintendo online +acces to some games. And if you already have an nintendo online subscription you can either also just buy the dlc or upgrade it for a lower cost

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/21 20:08:06 )

@goblinsandtea:
haha thank you for the breakdown, my brain was way too scrambled to be able to translate all the mumbo jumbo fine print.
Think I'll just buy the expansion pack for $25 if it's only a one time fee. It's basically like $25 for a brand new game!

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/21 20:34:52 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@icedchai: No worries!! and yup!
Im looking forward to play it aswel :^D

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/23 20:45:45 )
I need to play my switch more.... it's just by the time I want to do anything on the game I am tired, lol. But maybe this update will get me back intot the game.

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/3 17:15:52 )

We're getting close to the day of the update! I preordered and downloaded the DLC, and I've been playing a bit to get my island ready for the new stuff

Donator — She/Her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/4 02:58:19 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Y’all the update dropped early!!!!

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 00:38:41 )

Has anyone played yet?? I haven't even had the time to download it!
Oof I'm so excited though, this weekend is gonna be all ACNH all day :')

Voltie — She/They Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 01:29:45 )

I've played it! It's been fun so far. I played a bit last night, so my museum is closed today, and tomorrow the cafe will be open. I can't wait to visit it tomorrow. It's a bit overwhelming though, so much to do and collect! And once the Happy Home Paradise DLC is out then I'll have even more to do

★~~Questing~~★

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 14:54:09 )
I got the update downloaded last night. Played for a little bit. Got Brewster coming and then spent the rest of my time demolishing a cliff to make room for all the new crops you can grow.

With the update and dlc I may start playing Animal crossing more often

Donator — buckaroo Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/5 19:14:29 )

I freaking can’t wait to grow some potatoes

Voltie — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 15:08:50 )

I forgot to actually come back to this thread xwx
But hey! It's been out for a minute and I even caved and got the happy homes paradise thing. figured, even if i have to have online to play it, i tend to go online every so often to play games with my fiance anyways so it's whatever. i never play the same game forever anyway xd
(but if its true i dont need to be online for it, I guess I'll find out in a year when sub runs out!)

Honestly I'm spending more time in the dlc than in the actual game, aside from collecting gyroids. ilovethem. I hope they continue to update down the road with new designs for items and gyroids, and maybe change holiday rewards cause they're kinda pointless if it's the same every year.

I am leaving Voltra
Find my links here

08 22 22

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.