Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Hangouts Avatar & Pet Site Addicts Hangout // List Included for Discussion + In Memoriam

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 03:50:29 )

Wow I love this list that you have! Gaia was my first avatar site (before that I hung out on Quizilla)
Then in 08 I moved to Solia. I did Solia and Gaia. In 2010 I dropped Gaia for Ernya and then also dropped Solia in 2011 to focus on Ernya.

Ernya was the one I loved the most. After it was gone I tried a few other sites, but now Voltra is my new online home and has been since 2017.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 04:19:29 )

Thanks! I love finding new ones and collecting a lot of adorable virtual pets!
I actually found Zantarni before Gaia, weirdly. But both were back in 2004. It's crazy that in just a couple years will be 20 years!

So many fond memories of the sites listed In Memoriam.
I find that I wish I could bring back Chiniba, Eternal Nox, VDex, World Of Umbria, Ernya, and Unifaction the most.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 06:22:33 )
@dragoness129:
I played super poke pets game before it was sold to.. i forgot who then they shut the game down. it sad

add few more avy base app?: love nikki and shining nikki (3d version of love nikki)
my bestie is addicted to nikki stuff.
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 06:48:52 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

Ah this is just quikly b4 i go to bed (these might be on there and i might have looked over it sorry)

But i feel like ddappervolk could be added? Its kind of a mix between pet and avatar but i feel like the pet aspect may be lacking for people who look for that kinda stuff

and theres also Figment wich is in beta (youv got to pay like 5$ for an entree key)
Its also a mix between pet and avatar. Ive bought an entree key and it does seem like a cute site but the forums are barely active. Ppl are mainly active in the discord

And a pet site: Ovipets, i used to play that so much lol. But i stopped bc it took too much of my time (like feeding 100+ animals individually if ur not a paid member??? otherwise they die???)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 09:00:28 )
I used to love going on Neopets and Gaia and played zOMG! a lot.

I also really miss Elidiun and Terrasus. ;_;

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 15:12:35 )

I think it’s funny how 2003/2004 was really the first time that people could hang out on the internet. Of course in the 90’s there were chat rooms and stuff but us youngsters started hanging out on the internet probably during our pre-teens.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/30 19:34:25 )

:::ʚ♡ɞ:::
Everskies has a very cool layered avatar system. Forums are strange and it's hard to navigate but I do enjoy playing dress up

Watch out on pfq. There's a load of things wrong with the admins there. Trump supporters, homophobia, transphobia, and even grooming to name a few problems. Overall very horrible people. I just sort of do my own thing there.
I was harassed a lot.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:09:14 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@dragoness129: Ah forgot to ping you the other day so ill just quikly say it again lol

Heres some other sites i use that mayby could be added?

Dappervolk: mix between pet and avi

Furvilla: Its uh, i gues a pet site? But its furries. And you can gice them all difr jobs. Like an explorer to get items and a cook to make food ect. If u got a special ticket u can make a customized ver of the pet by drawing on a base ect

Ovi pets: pet site, i dont play it anymore but i was into it big time.

Figment: mix between pet and avi. Its still in beta tho and uve got to pay 5$ to get acces (the discord has alot of giveaways where u can win a key to get aces tho)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 04:19:35 )

Home from work! -goes to read and reply to everything posted-

@Kairu: Sure! I will add them!

@GoblinsAndTea: Hmm, I honestly thought I had Dappervolk on there already. XD woops.
Yeah, I hate when the pets die on the sites, it's always so sad.
I have played Furvilla before. Though I haven't logged in for a couple years. I wasn't super active on it.

@Juliette: I don't recall being on Terrasus, but the avies look like Syndrone ones. I think that site owner made three avie sites though and they all closed.

@Totalanimefan: Yeah, I was around 15 years old myself. Of course, we didn't even have Internet until I was around 13-14 XD.

@KDA Drew: Yeah, though their dye system is open to the user end. Can always dye and redye and save your dyed combos into slots to reuse whenever you equip the item. It's a bit different than here on that end. ^_^

@milkshake: Oooo, new thing to check out. ^_^
Yeah, I don't like interacting with staff on a lot of sites. The only forum sections I frequent are the Trades, Trade Shops, and Type Race Teams. I also poke about the Guides and the Art from time to time and update my Journal thread for my note keeping purposes.
Basically I just want to collect all the Pokemon! Shiny, Albino, Delta, eventually get some of my precious Melan babies that are on my WL. XD
Finally bought some ZC so I could get Hypermode. Only took 7 years XD.

@Stinky: Yeah, Gaia has become super money hungry. It was fun when things were simple and cheap and you could actually physically mail the money. Ah, nostalgia.
Yep, some pretty cute items and avatar possibilities on there! Though I think I found my perfect look and have not changed my avie in about 3 years XD.
Yeah, it is always hard to see the sites perish. That's why I made the "In Memoriam" section so I can re-read the name and get sparked with memories and nostalgia.
I think what FR is doing right is being able to trade offsite for currency. I always see people wanting or offering the currencies for things from or for the other sites. No matter which site's trade sections I dive into. There's always an abundance of them. I just keep breeding my dragons and selling the offspring for Gems to use to buy pets on other sites XD. At some point, I really need to build some bios and personalities for my favorites, dress them up, and give them a pet. So far, I'm just collecting those types of items for when I get around to that. XD

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 05:21:48 )
I remember playing DragonCave, Wajas, (Yay) Digis, Neopets~ And I recognise a few other sites (Subeta/Aywas/Felisfire/etc), although I never played there.

Stinky: I’m surprised you know Digis too!! 💕 I thought the Nibbles were gorgeously coloured/pixelised too, and it had both a strong roleplaying & art presence, in which I used to have fun playing in both site-wide & 1x1 rps. And I liked chatting to people, and knew a few people from offsite too~ I liked the site holiday events too. I lost interest in regularly going there years ago, as forum rp didn’t hold my interest anymore like tumblr did/does. I agree it was sad to see the drama there too. I didn’t like the constant purging of posts too although I understand it was to free space. I had a overall good nostalgic time there though.
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Donator — He/Him Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 05:51:10 )
vdex RIP

that was my go-to site for mindless entertainment

Ping me!

Hangout

Donator — Any Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/1 15:02:04 )

@dragoness129: lol yea i bought some awhile back too. ive been there for like a literal decade now xD
i have a sprite shop there uwu just a fun lil hobby haha

Please ping me!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 00:41:53 )
pixpet.net, poppyseedpets.com for example

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 00:58:32 )

@Shark: Right!? So much fun!

@Stinky: Yeah, it's probably the money laundering issue they are worried about. I know PFQ's special currency can be bought in British Pounds, but there are sometimes people on there who want or need USD and will sell it for almost half of what it would be otherwise. Though that itself can be a big risk because it's through Paypal. Lots of things could go wrong, or you could be scammed out of the money without getting the currency in trade. I always look at those threads with a grain of salt.

@milkshake: Nice! I joined it in 2014, but took a few hiatus throughout the years. I was also on the original Pokefarm before that, but I do not remember my join date on that one.

Voltie — Princess Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/9 22:22:20 )

@dragoness129: This comprehensive list is really awesome! I think its probably the most up to date and complete list I have seen so far! Keep up the good work Dragoness!

I am actually a staffer on Lasria as well and its a nice place to work, friendly staff and cutting edge staff tools because they have a very active dev. I think the crafting and recoloring mechanic for items is quite advanced compared to the other sites I have tried. Its still in its early stages but it has very frequent updates and its changed alot since it launched. There is a double gold weekend actually happening right now so its a good time to check it out if you are interested.

I was really hoping Dappervolk would be fun but the gacha system kinda killed the fun for me. I thought the art was really gorgeous and the games are pretty to look at as well.

I do think Flightrising has fun breeding mechanics and the dragons are cute. So its probably my current favorite pet site of all these sites that I tried so far.

I am gonna keep a close eye on the up and coming list for new stuff to try.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/11 17:43:31 )

@Stinky: Hmm, haven't heard about that. I don't know much about the online currencies.

@Saeyra: Thank you!
Oh, nice! That is good to hear that Lasria is doing good and improving!
Yeah, DV is a lot of grinding. You have to progress through the quests to reach the different towns and it takes a lot to get there.
I absolutely love dragons (as it it were not obvious from my username, lol). I enjoy seeing the beauties on FR and seeing what neat and interesting combinations I can get when I breed my dragons on there.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/11 19:03:55 )
    That's kind of funny about Neopets.
    It felt like quite a few of the more established avatar sites were bought by Silicon Valley bros who drool at the idea of NFTs and Bitcoin. This is just an uninformed assumption, but it seems that so many sites and games shifted to a gacha system because their userbase are committed and unable to completely comprehend the reality of cash-to-game-currency.

Voltie — Princess Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 16:45:04 )

@dragoness129: dude seeing all the baby dragons for sale is like jumping into a pile of puppies! They are soooo cute! I wish I could adopt them all!!

Always ping me please.

Donator — She/Crazy Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 18:16:40 )

@blue: - Yeah, Gacha games are rough. Even on here, where I enjoy donating to help support the site, the randomness of it can still cause me grief if I don't get at least one of each of the items. I do love that the rarest items are guaranteed at least one if you get the bundles.

@Hazer: Oooo, neat!

@Saeyra: Yes! I am slowly working on getting a breeding pair for each of the dragon types. Just costs so much to upgrade the Lair for more space XD. They are all so cute though, agreed! ♥

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/19 19:15:34 )
    That's fair, but an assurance about the item comes at a more premium price. It's very lucrative for developers, and really plays into the gambling habit of clients, but it's still skating the line of ethics.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.