Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Entertainment Squid Games

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 02:11:15 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

Holy shit.

This show is intense as hell. I saw it trending on tiktok and started watching it and my heart hasn’t stopped beating since.

It’s a Korean Death Game show (with eight episodes currently on Netflix) and the basic premise is play some kid games and win money- break a rule and be eliminated.

Is anyone else watching this?

...If you wanna keep your head
Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 05:11:59 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

I started watching this today and love it.
Popped up for me in my explore on IG since im interested in a lot of Kpop.

I'm only on episode 3 so far.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/28 16:48:59 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

I havent yet but when i was looking on netflix i saw like a preiview and added it to my watch list. Ill get to it eventually but theres some other shows i wanna finish b4 starting a new one

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — Artist Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/10/2 00:43:23 )
My favourite character is Joon-ho 🥰
‘god, tell us the reason youth is wasted on the young. I thought I saw you out there crying, woah-oh. I saw a lion kiss a deer, we are all lost stars trying to light up the dark.’ ~ Jungkook. / diary. text. visual. comm.

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/25 17:51:13 )
Finally caved and started watching it the other day, and while I had some inkling of what to expect, I went in mostly blind.

It's fantastic!

I had my suspicions that being eliminated meant being killed, but DAMN

after the first two kids got shot during Red Light Green Light, and everyone started panicking and piling up and getting slaughtered like fish in a barrel, bumping into others and getting them killed...that was a doozy.

I also honestly expected the old man to hit the green button á la "invest" meme during the Vote, and never expected the cop to actually make it onto the island.

So while it generally follows the patterns one would expect, it throws in some nice twists and turns that keep you guessing how it's going to get back on track.

Even my boyfriend got hooked--to the point of actually wanting to watch it when I got home from work! And he's not usually one for foreign films or shows, especially since I insist on subs and he's not a quick reader...but even if he doesn't realise it, I know it'll help him get better at it ;)

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 19:09:51 )
I really enjoyed the show but I cried my fucking eyes out in Eps. 6

SPOLIRER ALRET :
The old man didn't fucking die (asshole I cried for you) but turns out he is the Host and he is the one that started the squid games.
I did like the queer bait however it was nice.

Voltie — she Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 21:21:21 )
@Hazbin: you should deffs hide that spoiler in your post

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/26 21:56:40 )
Don't know how lol I am new lol

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 00:56:05 )
@Hazbin: Pssst

[spoiler=Spoiler Title Here]
text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text
[/spoiler]

Will produce:

text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text text

:)

I'm just glad I already finished watching the show or I'd have been a little salty lmao

THOUGH I had my suspicions from the beginning and wasn't really surprised.

Voltie — It or She Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 01:14:03 )
@minerva: Thx and not me i thought he was funny and adorable but not i am disappointed because I cried for a jerk wad

Voltie — Caffeine Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/10/28 03:49:49 )
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost

@Hazbin: Something about the way he acted early on made me sus.

What really got me was the betrayal and death of Ari (Ali?). IMHO he was the most 'tragic' character in that he seemed really innocent and just wanted a better life for his family; while the rest of the main characters had dirtied their hands in some way, Ari just seemed like a victim of circumstance; a lost sheep. And then Song-woo fucking tricked him. >:C

I also had some less-than-savoury feelings for the main character after he stole and gambled away his mother's money, but then when we learned what caused him to fall apart...

Yeah there was some really good character development on that show.

oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.
There is protection from near everything, from fire and damages from storm and frost;
oh, add whichever blows may come to mind, but there is no protection from mankind.

Donator — she/her Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/22 00:34:55 )

I watched most of it with my boyfriend and his mom, but I need to finish it on my own. They finished it without me, haha.

It's really good, I'm excited to finish it.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator Posted 2 years ago ( 2021/11/23 17:28:16 )
I tried... I really did and I just can't get into it. I did get a chuckele out of the SNL Skit about it though.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.