Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event The Rainbow Bouquet - An Event Hangout!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 18:57:23 )

@star2000shadow: Oh gosh, that sounds annoying. We're in a pretty quiet cul-de-sac but the neighbors do like to play their music pretty loud outside sometimes. Mostly it's fine but the one neighbor has karaoke parties sometimes and that can get uncomfortably loud for hours at a time.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 19:29:26 )
    That's just the quirk of living around other people. When you live in a more rural area, you don't have the same noise issues.

I kind of enjoy when my neighbors play loud music; it feels like each section of the street has it's own unique culture.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 19:38:48 )

@blue: Yeah, that's true. The houses are really close together here, too; sometimes it seems a wonder we can't hear what's going on inside other houses! I guess it's not as bad as being in an apartment and hearing everything going on in the next apartment, lol.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 19:51:38 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
CooperationIsKey:

@star2000shadow: Oh gosh, that sounds annoying. We're in a pretty quiet cul-de-sac but the neighbors do like to play their music pretty loud outside sometimes. Mostly it's fine but the one neighbor has karaoke parties sometimes and that can get uncomfortably loud for hours at a time.

I bet, I'm just blessed and cursed with bad hearing, blessed because with the hearing aids out it doesn't bother me, Cursed because with them in i hear pretty darn well 'makes face' <:3( )~~

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 20:17:58 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@CooperationIsKey: Well, recently 3D printed bjds have become more of a thing. Some dont count them but alot do, especially if they are printede in resin.
An artist im a big fan of and im curently waiting for 7 dolls from them... is Frappzilla! They make monthly litlle 13/15cm dolls inspired by all kinds of plants and animals!
They only get sold for a limited time and quantity, the quikest a doll sold out was in like 2 minuts lol.
But its not always like that. Just last month there was a naga, moneky, panda and redpanda.
And best of all these arent super expensive! prices starts at 62usd, more complicated ones are more expensive but most stay at that price!
The reasen being is that you have to still sand it and put it togeter. But alot of newbies had their first doll trough this and all have been able to do it!

So if your intrested recomend looking them up on instagram (frappzilla who is the artist or beemunchers who are more specified in the little dolls)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 23:04:39 )

@star2000shadow: Haha, well yeah, not everyone can "turn off" their ears at will, so I guess there's that.

@GoblinsAndTea: Oh wow, I hadn't thought about 3D printing for dolls! :O That's really neat, and I'm definitely going to look up that artist and check them out. I don't have money for it now but that's a pretty decent price to save for!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 23:38:43 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @CooperationIsKey: hey gotta see the silver lining otherwise i'd just focus on the fact im falling apart at the seams haha. <:3( )~~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 23:40:08 )

@star2000shadow: Aw, understandable. 🤗 (that... is a hug emote but it's kinda hard to tell. XD)

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 23:48:05 )

@GoblinsAndTea: OH. MY GOD. He's PRECIOUS!!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 01:37:41 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
CooperationIsKey:

@star2000shadow: Aw, understandable. 🤗 (that... is a hug emote but it's kinda hard to tell. XD)

Hugs are good things haha. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 02:41:56 )

@Ava: That whole album is just fire, I love it. I love the stuff from before it, and one or two albums after... then I started drifting. But like I said the band still means a ton to me. :)

I can imagine, getting through plastic isn't' easy. When I put air holes in the lid of my isopod bins I do it outside with a hot soldering iron. That might work for you to get the initial cut through the plastic if you ever find yourself doing it again!

And hey at any rate, you give her more air that way, which is good. :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 03:46:29 )

@Ava: Ah, yeah, I probably could have used my roommate's drill to put the holes in my isopod bin lid, but the soldering iron was dirt cheap and worked really well. That does sound like a chore!

And ah, yeah, you said that before! I look forward to seeing what that looks like all set up, too! :D

Seriously, I'm not really in a position to have a furry pet atm but I am a little lowkey jealous of Pea and her fun setup. ;)

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 05:22:57 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@CooperationIsKey: He is!!! he was a design by somebody from the comunnity that won and thus was made as an actual doll! :^D
The pets are normally availble until the next release wich is at the end of this month (no set date yet but its always on a sunday)

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 05:33:08 )

@GoblinsAndTea: I saw that! I absolutely adore him (I love plants and that adds to his charm so much!), though I can't afford to spend that much right now. I'm sure I'll fall in love with others in the future, too, though, lol!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/3 23:33:43 )
    It's admirable that you want to rescue animals--hamsters in particular. I suppose it's not the pet you usually imagine when you think of a rescue. Perhaps a house might be more considerate for that kind of operation; both in terms of space for you and your critters, and for the sake of neighbors and the unique attributes of rodents.

I once pet-sat for a home that had a couple of different rescued animals. One was a bearded dragon, a couple of finches, a parakeet, two doves, a cat with a crooked tail, and...I think that was it at the time. Later they also had some hermit crabs, oddly enough.

The parakeet was such a little turd and the hardest one to take care of!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 03:01:30 )

I waited all night and most of the day for there to be enough ice in the ice maker bin to make tea, and RIGHT before I went out there to make it... my roommate poured all the ice into her cooler for her beer, despite having perfectly good freezer packs she could use instead. 🙃

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 03:10:32 )

@Ava: Yeah I can see a dremel making that easier, lol. I've never used one though.

Oh no worries! I don't mind, lol, it's totally fine.

I hope I can someday, too. I really want cats again, but I'd love a bunny again, too. I have a friend whose got several cats and a rabbit and they do well together; come to think of it I had Sweetheart, my rabbit, and Gypsy*, my calico cat, at the same time! (*I know now that this is considered a slur and would never name another animal this, but it was a different time and we didn't know better.)

That's really cool that you want to do rescue. I wouldn't mind having space/money to do bettas again; I know it only supports the trade but I couldn't help rescuing bettas from stores. I rescued a couple of special needs female bettas from Walmart once. They were so cool. :3

Hermit crabs are treated terribly by places like that, yeah... I had a friend who had a couple hermits though and treated them well. I wouldn't mind having some someday myself if I can get a good setup for them. They're neat animals.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/4 08:10:09 )
@CooperationIsKey: my favorite plants are Aloe Veras there succulents, which I do own one of these that has many babies, that need new homes. But I also really like the plant that I had growing up as a kid called Lithops, also known as Living stone it is a succulent as well. and I also had a plant that looked like a fern when I was little, but it is called a mimosa pudica, when touched it closes its leaves and all.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 02:15:05 )

Whoops! Totally forgot to respond to this thread!! Sorry. ^^;

@Ava: Ah, yeah, a lot of people I think just didn't know better and still don't when it comes to the g-word. All you can do is try to educate people I guess. I feel bad that "Gypsy" is a song by Fleetwood Mac that I really like. ^^;

You're not wrong about bettas; people think of them as just living decor and it's awful. I've heard of people buying them to use as centerpieces at their wedding receptions!! Like I'm sorry, if you don't have a bunch of people willing to adopt them what are you doing to do with them? D:

And yeah, some hermit crabs can also get pretty big if raised properly, though I guess most people don't get theirs to that point. Up to like six inches I think!

@The Monster: I've got a little baby aloe on my desk! Actually it's a pair, growing together. I may need to separate them eventually but for now they're still really small. Lithops are so cool! They kind of intimidate me though, I don't know if I'd be able to care for them properly. Mimosa plants are neat too; I remember when I was a kid we had one by our front porch. I'd love to keep one as a houseplant; I'm fascinated by the way they close up when touched.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/7 02:57:10 )

@Ava: Yeah I try not to use it either; even on my website where I have a page dedicated to my pets past and present, I have a disclaimer on my cat's name.

Yeah, I hate that smaller pets are treated so poorly, though yeah a lot of it is ignorance. I once was buying something at a pet shop and had an employee give me the spiel about how bettas 'live in puddles' and 'don't need a lot of space/heater/etc' and I couldn't help myself but correct her. I don't think she believed me though. Oh! I remember what it was, I think it was when I bought this little heart-shaped tank that was marketed for bettas (but was WAY too small) and I explained that I was buying it not for a fish because it was too small, but for sea monkeys. And then she went and told me how it was fine for a betta. I know I probably shouldn't have bought the tank in the first place because it only supports the 'bettas in tiny tanks' thing, but it was so cute. 😅

I saw an article once on someone whose hermit crab had gotten to the size of a softball I think, it was huge (and old). It was really cool.

This isn't the article I saw but check this out!!

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.