Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event The Rainbow Bouquet - An Event Hangout!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:33:17 )
    Yech, I hate jump scares. But my partner is also not into scary movies so it's a lot of action flicks these past months.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:33:35 )

Questing :
Feline of Fertility | Doggo of Death | Draconic Dream | Garnet

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @CooperationIsKey: Hmm that sounds interesting. and supernatural slasher's are fun. I watched a 'Red Riding Hood' horror, which was a lot more interesting because they built up to all the death and such 'nods' <:3( )~~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:45:17 )

@blue: I will say there's an exception I have to the jumpscare thing, though it's not technically a movie, but video games: I really love the Five Nights at Freddy's franchise. XD I can't play the games myself because my anxiety is terrible, but I love watching people play it (Markiplier is my fave) and learning about all the lore.

My dad really likes action movies. I'm super picky about them myself and I'm usually not crazy about his movie choices, lol.

@star2000shadow: A Red Riding Hood horror, huh? Interesting. I mean, the original stories are definitely not for the faint of heart to begin with, so making the leap to 'horror' doesn't take a whole lot, I guess!

Though quite aside from the really scary stuff, I also enjoy the stuff a bit more lighthearted like Hocus Pocus and Ghostbusters.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:48:26 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @CooperationIsKey: Hocus Pocus is my favorite halloween flic, as well as Halloweentown, i also like Ghostbusters. just seeing what they managed to do back then is just..amazing. <:3( )~~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:51:46 )

@star2000shadow: Hocus Pocus is such a good movie, I adore it! I never got super into the Halloweentown movies but I'm going to try to watch them this year. And yeah, the practical effects in Ghostbusters are so good!

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 19:59:38 )
    @CooperationIsKey: Ooh, Hocus Pocus is a classic. I still enjoy catching a part of it on a television.

It's funny how vastly different tastes in movies and media can be, right? My partner loves action and all the superhero media, and I love period-piece dramas. The last few I watched were from China and my partner could hardly contain their eyerolling, hahaha.

I've never played a horror video game seriously, but the Silent Hill popularity is a testament to that market.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:02:22 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
CooperationIsKey:

@star2000shadow: Hocus Pocus is such a good movie, I adore it! I never got super into the Halloweentown movies but I'm going to try to watch them this year. And yeah, the practical effects in Ghostbusters are so good!

they really are especially fort he time and age they where made haha. right now im just enjoying the quite, might go read some fanfiction, dunno 'shrugs' got a slight kink in my neck. 'hums' <:3( )~~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:07:34 )

@blue: Yep! I do enjoy a good superhero flick. Never been a big fan of period pieces, though, lol. The maybe exception to that being like, the Poirot mysteries that I used to watch on PBS, which are set in the early 20th century.

@star2000shadow: Oh, ouch! Maybe time to change position, yeah. It's a wonder I don't get a stiff neck more with the weird ways I sit in front of the computer, too often resting my chin on my drink cup. :P

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:17:41 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ @CooperationIsKey: yeah that or i go do something else for a bit and then come back haha. <:3( )~~

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:22:25 )
    @CooperationIsKey: Ohh, I loved Poirot! And I was so excited for the two new movies, Murder on the Orient Express and next, Death on the Nile. Of course, it's hard to beat David Suchet's rendition. I enjoy PBS quite a bit, too, across a lot of genres.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 20:28:31 )

@blue: I haven't seen the two newer films yet but I do remember being really excited when seeing the trailers for them. I just haven't had the chance to see them yet. But yes, David Suchet is a legend. <3

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 21:30:43 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ 'hums' hello people persons. <:3( )~~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 22:24:29 )

@star2000shadow: Hello again! Is your neck feeling better? o3o

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 23:09:08 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
CooperationIsKey:

@star2000shadow: Hello again! Is your neck feeling better? o3o

kind of its still a little stiff but it stopped hurting. now though im wanting a nap. and or kill the idiot honking outside 'rubs face' ah well. <:3( )~~

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/1 23:33:01 )

@Ava: I love decorating too, and I love finding cute house stuff to decorate with, when I have the money. It's so hard to want to do stuff with a room and not have the money for it! I have some Markiplier posters (lol) that I'd love to hang, among some others, but I want to frame them for protection and to look nice and poster frames, especially movie poster size, are so expensive!

Yeah, I suppose it's not a good idea to risk her health for aesthetics, lol. I'm sure it'll still look super cute!

@star2000shadow: Well at least it's not hurting. But oy vey I know the feeling when there's incessant noise outside! I have a neighbor that works on his cars a lot and sometimes we get engine revving for like 20 minutes at a time. Fortunately the family across the street that frequently had visitors blasting music moved out, though. :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 00:27:30 )

@Ava: Yeah, I've wrecked posters in the past by not framing them, and it really sucks. Which reminds me, I hope I still have my big vinyl Lordi poster. That was a cool poster and it was in my storage unit and I had to get rid of most of my stuff and I REALLY hope I set the posters aside...

That all just sounds so freaking cute, I can't wait to see pics. (You are gonna take pics, right? o3o )

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 00:36:59 )

@Ava: Yes they are! I actually have a tattoo of their symbol on my arm. I'm not as into their music as I once was but I still love seeing their new costumes and new music even if I don't listen much. But they got me through some real hard times and have come to mean a lot to me regardless. :)

Oh gosh, that's hard to say! I dunno, I would love to see progress photos if you feel like it, 'cause I'm excited for you, hehe. But it's up to you if you'd rather wait until it's all done. :3

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 07:18:56 )
(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)ノ Hello there

@CooperationIsKey: Ah yes understandable!
Majority of my dolls are indeed BJDs! (witch a few odd ones that technicly arent bjds but generally get accepted in the hobby like Azone and pullips)
Wierdly other dolls also give me the heebys geebys lol.
I just view my dolls more like art then really "dolls"

。.:☆*:・ヽ(˵◕ ᴥ ◕˵)

♦ Gob | 23 | Taurus | Belgium ♦
Insta | Toyhouse | Gallery | Carrd

♦ My Art Shop ♦

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 16:34:33 )

@Ava: (I thought I replied to this post ages ago but turns out I forgot to hit submit!)

I really love that whole album, it's pretty amazing. I'm not overly crazy about the direction they've been going in lately but they're still fun.

Oh that's so cute! I love the little window and the clings are great! And aww, I love the bucket, she looks adorable, hehe. X3

@GoblinsAndTea: Ah, okay! I'd love to have a BJD some day; it'd be neat to have one I could customize to look like one of my characters. But they aren't cheap, so that's a bit of a distant thought, lol.

Please ping me!

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/2 17:00:30 )

Questing :

...ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
CooperationIsKey:

@star2000shadow: Well at least it's not hurting. But oy vey I know the feeling when there's incessant noise outside! I have a neighbor that works on his cars a lot and sometimes we get engine revving for like 20 minutes at a time. Fortunately the family across the street that frequently had visitors blasting music moved out, though. :D

yea we have people who drive by blareing their music and such, a neighbor who slams his car doors, leaves the lights on for anywhere from thirty to an hour..and then a lot of people just walking by our windows talking loud as all get out. 'makes face' but it could be worse. <:3( )~~

Star's Memory Jar | Star's Quest |Star's Runway | Shadow Realm Market
Pls Mention as i wander

Avi art is best gift

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.