Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Community Garden Event The Rainbow Bouquet - An Event Hangout!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 06:46:07 )

...of all the songs for the end titles of a vampire movie that takes place in Scotland, I can't say I expected a New Orleans song about Mardi Gras to be the lead-off.

o_O

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 07:39:36 )

I love the song, but it's incredibly random for the particular movie, lol.

The movie was super cute though, I liked it a lot.

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 13:44:21 )
-runs through over here-

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/16 18:53:23 )

howdy !!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 06:47:37 )

@Kory: I've been having fun revisiting movies and specials I haven't seen in years. :D

@Wildfire: Hello! What a cute graphic, omg. >3<

@icedchai: Hiya! :D How are you doing?

I totally didn't think I sent this message hours ago

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 10:48:59 )
@CooperationIsKey: lol - I've done that - thinking I hit the 'submit' button only to discover hours later that I didn't, or if I did, it didn't process.
I'm glad you like the graphic - I ran across it and thought it was too cute not to share

┤▒├ Hangout with me! ┤▒├

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 21:33:07 )

@Kory: I think The Addams Family will always be a favorite of mine. And Addams Family Values which might be even better in the 'dark humor' department. :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 21:33:45 )

@Wildfire: I've caught myself doing that a lot lately tbh. Too many tabs open at once I think. XD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/17 23:54:05 )

@Kory: Really? :O

The Addams Family is definitely more a comedy. I mean there's dark humor for sure but I wouldn't call it scary. Rather campy, honestly. I love the first two movies, though I've never seen the third, direct-to-video one which features a different cast and I hear is awful, lol. I haven't seen the new CG one yet either, though that's on my list. :)

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 19:45:05 )

hi! sorry I have a tendency to pop in and then just disappear for a bit, lol
how's it going?

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 22:54:28 )

@Kory: I've never really watched the original Addams Family series myself, though I've definitely watched The Munsters series. So I'm with you there, haha. And sure, I'll have to let ya'll know how the cgi one is. I hear it didn't do very well in the box office, which is a shame.

@icedchai: No worries! And it's going okay, been working on my website all day, lol. You?

Donator — buckaroo Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 23:12:44 )

@cooperationiskey: I'm having a really nice day off!
For once I've really got nothing to do. Well, nothing too major.
So I've just made lunch and am watching Netflix.
It's really been so long since I felt like I could just post up on the couch and start a show.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/18 23:22:18 )

@icedchai: Ah, nothing like a good day off! That's really nice. :D

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 01:01:06 )

@Kory: I'm surprised they haven't made a modern Munsters movie in the vein of the live action Addams Family movies. I feel like they'd do pretty well if the jokes were done right.

I actually wrote a bit of Addams Family fanfiction once, lmao. I thought about revisiting it but it needs to be updated; it's so old the character I introduced carries an ipod!!

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 01:55:09 )

@Kory: Oh gosh, the Raggedy Ann & Andy movies are so bizarre, haha. They are pretty neat, though.

I used to write so much fanfiction, for so many things! I haven't been able to write much in years though; it's really hard to focus on it. I kind of miss it tbh.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 02:16:13 )

@Kory: Well, I've crushed on cartoon characters too so I guess that's not so weird!

As for fanfiction, I've written for Ninja Turtles, Mighty Ducks: The Animated Series, Sonic the Hedgehog, LazyTown, The Addams Family, Indiana Jones...Oh and Invader Zim, of course. XD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 03:21:44 )

My first crush was Gambit from the 90s X-Men cartoon, lmao.

This was mostly in the days before AO3, so Fanfiction.net was the place to publish if you wrote fanfiction. I've long-since taken that old stuff down, though. I don't know if I had a favorite... my most prolific writing was for Might Ducks of all things... I guess though my favorite was probably the Invader Zim fic I never finished. :3

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 05:02:36 )

@Kory: That cartoon is my favorite version of the X-Men in general. I love them!

I took them down because they were attached to my old username and to my old fancharacters, and I just didn't really want them out there anymore. I might put the Invader Zim one back up sometime, though.

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 05:30:54 )

The comics, not really. I loved the first couple movies though, but then they got kinda ... stupid. XD;

I don't think my fics were poorly written, in fact sometimes I go back and reread my own stuff just for fun, lol. I just... needed to move on, I guess. ¯|_(ツ)_|¯ Some of them were written as far back as when I was in high school, though, and I'm 37 now, soo... they were old. XD

Donator — whatever Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/19 05:46:43 )

Oh, I think the first one is probably the best one of the X-Men movies. Though I haven't watched it in many years, lol.

Oh god, cringe stuff, I once wrote this angsty songfic (remember songfics? lol)... Even if I decided to republish my stuff, I don't think I'd republish that one. :P

Please ping me!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.