Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Corrupted Exposure

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 01:51:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Damn it." Zeke cursed.

"The please release the ones you can." Hal told her.

"We need to release the ones that CAN be released, even if it isn't many." he stated.

"And THEN we're going to lock that camera away in a mana-blocking safe." he growled. "That piece of equipment shall NOT be used as long as that woman remains alive." he stated.

"But for now, please release the ones you CAN."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:00:55 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Jordan nodded before looking to the camera. She hesitated grabbing it from where it had landed on the floor though. Touching the camera seemed to make things worse for her, re establish that connection, and she realised that.

"... Ok." She said, some hesitation to her voice as she reached out ad grabbed the camera. It was almost instant, both of the men could see the red that seemed to course through her. It was definitely weaker than one would expect, but it did cause a twitch.

".... yep. As I suspected." She muttered. "Bitch has a thing in the camera, making it that just touching it increases her hold." She told the other two as she opened a compartment and took what seemed to be like a crystalline battery out. She tossed it over to Hal.

"Destroy that." She told him,

"That's where they are."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:22:42 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal caught the battery, and looked at it, narrowing his eyes.

"...very well." he said. He then looked at Zeke, and nodded.

Zeke nodded back, and took out his blade. Hal tossed it towards him, and Zeke swung the blade as hard as he could at the crystal. Sadly, with the clause in Vanessa'a contract in play, the crystal repelled itself away from the blade, but the force of his swing caused it to go flying across the room, where it slamming into the far wall, shattering upon impact, and falling to the floor.

"Done!" Zeke exclaimed.

"Drop the camera." Hal told Jordan.

"Drop it and we'll put it away."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:29:08 )

Jordan nodded before looking like she was about to. She paused though, hesitateed. She just couldn't.

"I...." She strted, shaking her head before concentrating. It took her longer than one would expect for her to set it down on Hal's desk and step away. With every movement, it was not hard to see that sh wanted to grab the camera and was taking all she had to avoid it, to resist that urge.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:50:58 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal narrowed his eyes as he saw Jordan acting this way.

"..." he was silent, before looking at Zeke.

"Take her out of this room, and shut the door as you leave." he told him. "I do not want her to see where I hide this." he reasoned. "I'll call for you both when I hide it." he said further.

"All right." Zeke responded.

"Come on." he told Jordan.

"Let's wait out in the receptionist's area."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 02:55:01 )

Jordan was silent before sighing, heavily.

"Yeah.... Yeah, good idea." She then said. She hesitated another moment or two before heading to the door herself, and out, not waiting for Zeke or anything. She was completely all right with being removed from the room for the time being.

She didn't wait in Arryn's area either, headed out to the hall and just leaned against the wall across from the door.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 03:12:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke and Hal quickly exchanged looks, and Zeke quickly followed, his steps hobbling a little, as he felt himself start to become 'whole' again. He didn't seem quite like himself, though, and the best way he could describe it was that he felt 'whole', but not quite 'complete'. The pieces were there, but not fitting quite right.

He shut the door behind him and quickly followed her to the hall, looking at her.

"Hey..." he said.

"Hey, chin up." he told her.

"This isn't your fault." he said further.

"You're not to blame for this. Vanessa is."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 03:14:52 )

"Not my fault? Really?" Jordan asked, her voice almost pointed.

"I'm the one who accepted the camera. I'm the one who didn't do her due diligence to check it over first." She countered.

"I just took the freebie and went with it." She said.

"I should have checked things over better, I should have asked around, I should have fucking made sure it really wasn't too good to be true."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 03:34:33 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke almost took a step back from her tone and words, but then shook his head.

"You say that, but you were in a vulnerable state." he told her. "You needed it, you got it. And from what you told myself and Angela, the story was very believable." he went on.

"I mean, what you say is not wrong, but don't act like you were being stupid." he said.

"Foolish? Maybe. Optimistic? Certainly." he continued.

"But Vanessa has outsmarted people far more clever than you or I." he then told her. "...please don't act like this is solely your fault." he went on.

"It's not healthy for... any part of you."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 03:37:57 )

"If I'd done my due fucking diligence, this never would have happened." Jordan stated before pausing, biting her lip.

"And I wouldn't be facing the equivalent to night terrors." She added, her voice heavy.

"I... I remember everything." She told him.

"I know what I've done, I know what hell I've dealt, the torture I've handed out to some." She continued.

".... I wouldn't blame anyone for hating me right now... And I fear that Bast is going to leave me after everything is said and done because... Iv'e done a LOT to him.."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 04:00:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Zeke was then silent, before sighing.

"Before you judge yourself so harshly, let others judge for themselves." he told her.

"And wait until this is over." he then said. "Because this is FAR from over right now." he stated further.

"I can't tell you how to feel, but don't presume to know how others feel about you right now." he continued.

"Especially the ones that STILL need help."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 04:02:43 )

"I know." Jordan commented.

"However, I realise the various points of this." She added.

"I'm not a depressive mess. If anything, I'm just irate that I was used like I was." She admitted. "And how I hate what I've done to most others."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 04:26:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Understandable." Zeke replied.

"For now, we need to try and figure out how to help the others." he said.

"And we need to stop Vanessa. Once and for all." he said further.

"She's gone too far now. She needs to be stopped." he muttered.

"She's made things miserable for people for FAR too long..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 04:28:22 )

Jordan just sighed, heavily.

"I know." She said as she slid down the wall.

"But... you might have to stop me." She then admitted.

"I want to go in there, I want to barge in there and just... beat him black and blue until he gives me that camera back." There was something to her voice, both a desire to do just that (and it was strong), but also the fiht to not.

"I don't... I don't know how long I can resist it. Whatever she weaved into that thing... it left its mark."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 04:49:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Then we'll need to take the proper precautions." Zeke responded.

"Those in here still affected by her will need to be quarantined away properly." he said further.

"There's no other way." he sighed.

"Because we cannot allow Vanessa to have these pawns running freely." he reasoned.

"...and yes, that still includes you, given what you've just said."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 04:51:59 )

"I... I know." Jordan said with a nod.

"I know..." She repeated with a heavy sigh, not looking forward to it.

"While I do still have some clarity, because while others might regain it completely I'm not so sure with me because of exposure to the camera... anyway.... it might be worthwhile to not put people together." She then said.

"Keep everyone separate. Who knows what plans can be hatched if people are grouped up."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 05:09:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke nodded again.

"Yeah." he agreed.

"We'll need to quarantine them separately and ensure no communication between them." he went on, before pausing.

"...which means probably locking people in dorms." he muttered. "And activating external barriers and such." he continued, thinking about it, and then shaking his head.

"Regardless, this still is far from over. But this has been a small victory." he continued.

"At least she won't be able to use that damn camera again." he growled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 05:12:03 )

"Unless the Boss has fallen victim to it. No way to know without going in there." Jordan countered.

"I don't know if it was targetted to me, or if anyone who grabs it risks falling victim as I did." She added.

"However, I am confident that he's strong enough to avoid it. But there's not a guarantee for that, sadly."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 05:43:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Zeke was about to answer, when they heard Hal call out.

"Both of you can come back in now!" he yelled.

They looked at each other, before heading back, opening the door and stepping in.

"I have hidden it away." Hal confirmed.

"And we need to start talking about damage control." he stated. "Many people here are still under her control, and missing their souls. Or pieces, anyway. We need to find a way to stop them from being a problem." he reasoned.

"And we need to do it quickly." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/10 05:49:10 )

Jordan pushed herself off the wall and to her feet proper before sighing and making her way into the office again with Zeke.

"Are you feeling well enough to release the lockdown?" She asked, her voice curious.

"I'm going to guess no, but if you think the lockdown can be relaxed, maybe have it that there's stricter rules." She continued.

"And Zeke and I were talking.... those that are greatly affected, and unfortunately I am including myself in that, need to be locked away somewhere. Somewhere we can't communicate with others, and somewhere that we can just sit and stew until we're properly together." As she spoke, she had her arms crossed, but the grips on her arms were tight enough that her knuckles were white.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.