Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Corrupted Exposure

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 02:57:20 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

Hal just stepped forward, and placed his hands on her shoulders.

"It's ok." he said.

"You'll lose this fight. But we can win this war." he told her.

"For now, leave my office. I'll not let you in again, and I'll try to come up with something." he went on.

"You've helped immensely." he said further.

"...and just remember, this isn't your fault. You were tricked by her. We all were."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 03:02:31 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
When he placed his hands on her shoulders, he could feel the trembling. She didn't say anything, just nodded.

"O.... Ok-kay." She said. It was taking so much effort to keep her head as it was for the moment. A second or two later, she got to her feet.

"I... At least it helped." She then said before twitching slightly again.

"I'll be ... Somewhere. Probably with the camera. I'm sorry." With that, she made her way to the door

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 03:21:54 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal helped her get to the door, and sighed.

"I know." he replied.

"For now, I'll do what I can." he said.

"And I'd say I'll warn the building of you... but that probably won't do much." he lamented.

"Killing you won't solve anything. But that camera... I'll see what I can find out about it." he told her further.

"Thank you for using your moment of clarity to tell me this." he then thanked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 03:25:12 )

Jordan didn't say anything more before she was gone. It wasn't hard to guess why it was that she was silent. That was a ridiculously delicate edge she was standing on for the moment.

She made her way through the halls aimlessly before pausing as she felt a stab of pain throughout her entire being. With a cry of pain she backed into a wall, and tried to wait it out.

By the time it faded, that clarity that she'd had, was gone.

She then set off to find her camera again.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 03:46:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal watched her go, before shutting the door and locking it... and then sighing.

"...I should tell Syraene about this." he said to himself. "She'll need to know all this now." he reasoned, shaking his head.

"...I really wish I could care more than I do about this right now." he then lamented.

Meanwhile, Bast and Zeke were still sitting down, before Zeke stood up, and started to walk away.

"Where are YOU going?" Bast inquired.

"She told us not to fight any more." Zeke responded. "Leaving seems like the best way to ensure that." he reasoned.

"...fair." was all Bast responded with, as Zeke continued on.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 03:57:58 )

Jordan made her way back to where she'd left the two that were at war with each other, not surprised to see that she only found one of them.

---

She was sitting on the floor, her knees pulled up, an arm holding them close, but the other one was down, her hand on the floor. She was scratching the floor, the tile, her nails scraping away slowly at it.

They'd tried to talk with her, but while she hadn't necessarily gotten worse, it was not hard to tell that she couldn't be let free into the Unit. Too many fresh meals for her, and it might push her over the edge.

Kiah, meanwhile, just sighed as she made her way out to where she'd left Ilias.

"I tried Az again. Not getting through." She told him honestly.

"I think cell service is being fucked with in here due to the lockdown." She added.

"I just can't get it to properly ring. So I left a voicemail. Hopefully he'll get it and come down."]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 04:18:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias cursed lightly.

"Damn it." he said.

"Guess her text to me was the lucky one that got through before things really got bad." he reasoned.

He then sighed, and shook his head.

"What the hell is going on here, Kiah?" he asked.

"The Unit's been flipped upside down."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 04:23:04 )

Kiah just sighe,d heavily.

"I hve absolutely no idea." She admitted.

"Things have gone to shit, we're in a complete lockdown and I don't even know why." She added.

"Nevermind how people are acting, how it is that Aedan's half feral, and something's triggering Hazel to return to her submissive past." There was frustration to her voice but that really wasn't hard to guess or believe.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 04:44:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias looked down at the floor for a moment, and heaved a heavy breath.

"If I knew, I'd say." he said.

"And Agent Sharp has barricaded himself in his office. Refuses to answer to anyone." he went on.

"This situation is dire." he mumbled.

"I'd say he's not in the right state of mind, but this level of lockdown can only be achieved when he has mental clarity. So... that's obviously not the case." he then reasoned, shaking his head again.

"Nothing makes sense, and it's pissing me off." he growled.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 04:47:56 )

Kiah just sighed.

"You and me both, to be honest." She commented.

"I hope Az is ok. I know he's in the building." She then said.

"But I don' know where he is, or anything. Did he get caught up in whatever the hell caused the lockdown?" She wondered.

"There's just nothing we can do."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 05:11:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias looked at her, and bit his lip.

"I wish there was some way to find out." he told her. "But we're stuck here." he said. "Literally. In all senses of that word, we are stuck here in this building." he went on.

That's when the two of them heard a rapping at the glass door that led to R&D. They looked over and saw Azazel there, an expression of concern on his face.

"...huh." Ilias mumbled.

"Speak of the devil." he said. "Well... not the devil, but... you know what I mean." he muttered.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 05:17:57 )

Kiah was silent for a moment as she looked over.

"I wonder if he's here looking for Aedan because he hasn't heard from her, because he can't call her, or because he got one of the voicemails I left." She commented before waving and getting to her feet.

"I'll let him in." She added, making her way over to the door to open it and step out of the way.

"Come on in." She said.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 05:37:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel nodded in response.

"Thanks." he said, stepping in.

"So, uh.... any idea where Aedan is?" he asked.

"She hasn't answered my texts, my texting as stopped working, my calls have stopped working, and... well, my phone isn't working any more." he said further, scratching his head.

"I know she was supposed to go on a mission right before this lockdown happened." he then said.

"Maybe she managed to get out beforehand or something?" he went on.

"Anyway, you seen or heard from her?" he asked again.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 05:43:37 )

Kiah just sighed.

"Come on." She said simply before heading off toward where they had Aedan locked up.

"She's here. She's on lockdown. We don't know why. We don't know what happened. And we don't have nay idea how to help." She said as they walked.

"And yeah... blood red lockdown means that wireless communications are dead."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 06:05:39 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel seemed a bit overwhelmed by all he heard.

"Ah..." he stammered.

"Oh. Right. I forgot Blood Red means no wireless communications." he said. "Geez, been a while since I've reminded myself of the protocol for that." he continued, shaking his head.

"And... Aedan's locked down?" he asked her.

"You don't know why? But... but... surely you can tell me why." he then said.

"Is she a danger? Does she have some weird illness that she's acting as a carrier for?" he asked her.

"Do you have ANY info at ALL?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 06:08:40 )

"She's going feral, Az." Kiah told him honestly.

"And neither Ilias nor I have any idea WHY She is." She added after a moment as they reached the door to the room in question.

"I'd say you could go in, but I honestly fear what could happen if I open this door." She admitted.

"She's ... mostly calm at the moment, but we have so many barriers around the room to make it she isn't even aware of any of us living people out here, that it is amazing that we were able to do it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 06:30:26 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Azazel was silent, and shocked to hear this.

He was pretty much stunned, actually.

"F-Feral?" he stammered.

"But... b-but... that... she..." he stuttered further, shaking his head.

"What could have happened?" he wondered.

"And she can't be the reason for this lockdown. Not for THIS level." he continued.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 06:33:29 )

"I doubt she's the reason." Kiah agreed with a nod.

"However, I don't know the cause of this level of lockdown." She then said.

"Granted... I can say one thing. Something... something about her feels weird." She then said.

"I can't put my finger on it. But... I'm a fyrane. You know what we're known for... Something tells me that there's something wrong with her soul. It's nothing but a theory, though."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 06:53:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"...her soul..." Azazel mumbled.

"But her soul should be firmly anchored to her body." he said.

"And if it were gone, then... she'd just collapse. There'd be no activity at ALL." he reasoned.

"So... if something's messing with her soul... that is frightening." he went on.

"But... what the hell..?" he then muttered further.

"Damn it..." he cursed quietly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 06:54:38 )

"There really are far more questions than answers, unfortunately." Kiah commented after a few seconds.

"I wish I could give you more information, but... I can't. And the only one who knows why the lockdown is SO complete, isn't answering anything." She added.

"I've tried to call Hal, I've tried knocking on his door. He won't answer or respond to ANYTHING."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.