Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Corrupted Exposure

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 02:48:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Damn it." Azazel cursed.

"You all here should really just ignore the front of the area. Maybe hide away in one of the lab rooms in the back." he suggested.

"I don't know what that camera IS, or why it's doing what it's doing, or HOW, but... this is bad news, to massively understate it." he commented.

"And as it stands, I think... hmmm..." he mumbled, thinking further and pausing again. "Well, I'M immune to the camera's effect... not sure on Roxie..." he admitted. "Virgil-" he started to say, before pausing.

"Wait." he said.

"Is he actually, legit involved with that Arryn girl?" he asked Kiah.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 02:50:09 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Kiah nodded.

"Yeah, as far as I'm aware, they're thoroughly involved. Like Solid." She told him.

"Why? Wouldn't he still be immune?" She asked, her voice curious.

"Demons are demons, no?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 03:13:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel paused for a moment.

"Ah... well... depends on how... serious it is." he said.

"I'm not sure I should be talking about this in great detail, but high elves have the ability to essentially grant a demon a soul, but... well, it's like taking 'soul-mates' to a new level, let's say." he said further.

"Net end is that Virgil may very well be succumbing to this." he told her.

"So... Roxie aside as a maybe, I'M the only one immune to this." he cursed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 03:36:07 )

Kiah was silent for a moment before sighing, heavily.

"Greaaaat." She muttered.

"All right, that's good to know. Now we just need to find that fucking camera, I guess." She then said.

"And probably destroy it. Or at least attempt an extraction from it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 03:57:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"That's what I hope to accomplish." Azazel responded.

"At the moment, I think I'm the only one that can do it." he told her.

"...unfortunately, it might be me against the entire Unit at this point." he then muttered, before his eyes widened a little. "...US versus the entirety of the Unit." he restated.

"You and Ilias should probably hide." he suggested.

"Who knows what could happen at this point."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 04:01:59 )

Kiah sighed, again.

"Probably be a good idea." She admitted before looking over to Ilias.

"Got any ideas where we can hide? I doubt going to the dorms is a good idea, and my office is way too obvious, I think." She commented.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 04:23:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias was silent, thinking about it.

"Hmmm." he mumbled.

"Dorms is not a good idea." he agreed. "Your office is the first place people would look... the labs here aren't secure enough..." he listed off. "There are several bunker-like shelters deeper down, but I don't know if it's worth leaving this area to try and get to them..." he continued.

He then snapped his fingers suddenly.

"Ah! What about Mira's personal testing/training room?" he suggested. "It's secure entry, only her, Peyton, you, and me know the codes to get in and out, and it's reinforced all the heck. Plus, it's through her office in that small door off to the side, so it's easily missed." he continued.

"What about Mira, herself?" Azazel asked. "Or Peyton, for that matter?" he asked further.

"Vacation." Ilias replied. "They left a week and a half ago, and aren't due back for another week and a half." he stated.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 04:25:18 )

"Yeah, they got basically a month off, because it'd been awhile and whatnot." Kiah added.

"And that'd probably be the best idea, yeah." She agreed after a moment or two.

"Someone will have to leave daily though, food, water, etc." She continued, thinking about it.

"However, as an overall hideaway, I think it'll work really well."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 04:48:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Then I suggest you take refuge there ASAP." Azazel told them.

"And do NOT come out for ANYONE. Except for maybe me." he warned. "We have NO idea who's affected by this, and who isn't." he said. "We need to treat it as though everyone else in this building is an enemy." he continued.

"...not to mention those that Jordan may have photographed OUTSIDE this building." he then stated.

"I... didn't even think of that..." Ilias admitted.

"There are many people out there that, with fragmented souls, would bring this world to utter chaos." Azazel said grimly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 04:50:49 )

Kiah nodded.

"Well, let's make sure this place is good to be left for awhile." She said simply.

"Az, there's no need for you to hang around." She told him.

"you know where we're be, and you'll be able to contact us. Worst case scenario, email me." She then said. "I'll be on her PC when need be."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 05:11:13 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel nodded in response.

"All right." he said.

"Good luck." he told her.

"I'm going to try and stealth my way through the building." he then said to them further, before quickly leaving the area.

"..." Ilias was silent, before looking at Kiah.

"I'll do food runs." he told her. "If YOU were to get hit by that camera... it'd be bad. REAL bad." he reasoned.

"Or maybe we can find an arrangement to have food brought TO us, but we can separate ourselves from them. Like contactless delivery or whatever." he then suggested further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 05:17:28 )

"The cafeteria might be willing to do that. Mana in the building still works." Kiah agreed, thinking about it.

"However, I'm not sure about mana'ing directly to where we are." She added "I know we can to the entry area over there," she motioned to the table in question, "as we've done thatbefore, but... I have noidea about deeper within. We've got a lot of barriers in here because of the alchemy."

"All we can do, is contact them. I'll call them in a little bit about it, once we get into Mira's area."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 05:39:05 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias nodded in response.

"We'll work something out." he said.

"Because this needs to be done. We need to figure out a system, and stick to it." he went on, looking in the general direction of the rest of the Unit, a hit of fear in his eyes now.

"...this frightens me, Kiah." he admitted.

"To think we're trapped in this building, where anyone and everyone could be our enemies." he said further.

"And the thought of my soul being fragmented is... terrifying." he finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 05:47:28 )

Kiah just sighed, heavily.

"Let's just do what we can." She said.

"And then hide away." She added. "Because yeah... it won't be good to hang out in the open like this for longer than we have to."

"Do you want some of that tea I have in my office? The stuff that can help with nerves and such." She then asked.

"... since I can't deny it might help. If you don't want, then I won't grab, but ... If you think it'd help, I'll grab."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 06:09:49 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias nodded.

"Yes." he said. "Some tea would really help." he told her. "The last thing anyone needs to be doing is panicking right now, and I'll do whatever it takes to help calm my nerves." he reasoned.

And so they did. They gathered what they wanted from within the area, made sure they would be set up nicely in Mira's private training/testing room, and things were pretty much good to go.

A little bit of time had passed since they made arrangements for food, and Ilias looked at his watch.

"Looks like it's about time." he said to Kiah. "I'm going to quickly go wait for it." he told her.

"Go on then." Kiah responded.

Ilias left the room and hastily made his way to the 'main room' of the area, but as he continued to move, he swore he heard a pair of voices talking to each other, which confused and concerned him.

'...who else would be here to have a conversation with each other...?' he wondered.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 06:20:37 )

"So what you're saying, is that you don't know where they are hiding." He heard, the voice was quite unimpressed.

"I don't. I failed." He heard in response. As he neared, he could identify the second voice.

It was Hazel. Someone he didn't even know was in with the lockdown.

"And what are you going to do?" Followed, the voice sharp, almost completely unidentifiable.

"I will find out the information you seek, Mistress." Hazel responded, her voice subdued, much more like how it was when she'd first arrived.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 06:45:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ilias froze when he heard the conversation.

'Oh, no...' he thought, trying to be as quiet as he could now.

Hazel was here. And she was talking with someone. Someone who clearly meant them harm. And he'd only ever heard Hazel refer to ONE person as Mistress, or in relation to that one person.

And he didn't like it.

He was starting to panic now, he needed to get out of sight, he needed to make himself scarce.

As such, he started to slowly back away from where he was.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 06:54:04 )

As he was backing up, he ended up hitting the corner of a table, causing it to shift. The noise echoed slightly, and silence fell between the two that he was trying to avoid.

"Make it dark." He heard, knowing that they were addressing Hazel.

"Of course, Mistress." Hazel's almost lifeless voice responded before he heard her footsteps. They were a little shuffling like, though.

She stepped into the room that Ilias was trying to hide in, and he saw she was without her blindfold. It was one way that one could tell she wasn't all herself, as she never took that thing off. Her stormy grey eyes darkened, a lot, and Ilias barely had the time to properly consider what it meant. He knew, though.

Once all the light inthe area was gone, he knew that this wouldn't be safe for long. Extended stay in that darkness, due to her mana, was always problematic, and could end up killing someone.

The question was how far it reached, too.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 07:10:43 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"No, no, no, no, no..." Ilias mumbled to himself, looking around frantically.

But he knew he couldn't see anything. He wouldn't see anything.

And he was in this darkened space with very dangerous people.

He then fell to his hands and knees, and started to slowly shuffle away from where he'd seen her. He had to get away. And he'd hoped that this did not extend to where Kiah was.

He couldn't let them discover her.

And he had to get away from them. But could he go back to where Kiah was...?

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 07:15:40 )

As he was trying to get through the darkness that was now surrounding him, he heard footsteps. They were strong, confident.

Definitely not Hazel's steps.

As he tried to get away from where he was, he found himself grabbed by the hair.

"Where do you think you're going?" Followed a second or two later.

"I know you overheard more than you should have."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.