Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Corrupted Exposure

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 07:16:46 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"That's even MORE worrisome." Azazel commented.

"Like... holy hell..." he went on.

"So many things are compiling on each other, so many questions, NO answers..." he listed off.

"...and Sharp going all secret..." he continued.

"I don't think... wait..." he then mumbled.

"Blood Red is a lockdown that even HE can't end." he realised. "Is he compromised...?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 07:20:37 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Kiah just sighed.

"I ... have absolutely no idea what is going on." She commented.

"and him being compromised did cross my mind. I was trying to ignore that possibility though." She added.

"So thanks."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 07:43:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel shook his head.

"Sorry." he apologised.

"But I don't think we can afford to try and ignore any realistic possibilities." he reasoned.

"...what could have caused this, though..." he then said, thinking about it.

"What's been different...? Has anything been... out of the ordinary..." he wondered further, narrowing his eyes a little, and remembering things that had happened before the lockdown took place.

"Wait, you said Hazel's acting more like her old self?" he then asked. "Long shot, but think Vanessa Encrae's involved? She seems to be the only one that can suddenly revert Hazel to that state."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 07:48:14 )

Kiah paused, before sighing.

"I don't know." She admitted.

"Yes, Hazels returning back to that, but I don't know if Encrae is involved. However, I sure as shit ain't gonna say outright that it's impossible. For all we know, yeah. She did manage to get into here, somehow." She added.

"I just... I don't know."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 08:06:47 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Everything is just conjecture at this point." Azazel said.

"..." he was then silent and looked towards Aedan.

"...feral, huh?" he asked.

"Does she recognise anyone?" he asked her.

"Or... show that she does?" he asked further.

"Does she even seem INTELLIGENT, still?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 08:08:10 )

"She has some of her intelligence, yes." Kiah answered with a nod.

"Not all of it, mind." Followed a couple of seconds later.

"But she's not completely feral. Chances are if you spoke through the intercom, you'd be able to have ... mostly a decent conversation. She's just... I dunno how exactly to explain it other than you know when she's getting twitchy and close?" She asked.

"That, just stronger, I guess."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 08:27:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel crossed his arms over his chest, and pondered that.

"Hmph." he muttered. "I see." he said further.

"That is... interesting. Confusing, but interesting." he went on, looking absently towards Aedan again.

He then pressed the intercom, and bit his lip.

"...Aedan?" he said into me.

"It's... it's me, Azazel. How... how are you doing?" he asked, pretty sure he knew what the answer would be, but... well, he wanted to talk to her. He had to hear her voice right now.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 12:12:00 )

Kiah was silent before sighing silently and heading off to give them some privacy. She wasn't going to hang around, not when something could come up that she didn't need to know. She also knew that she could easily be called back if need be.

Aedan twitched as she heard Az's voice.

"... hey." she said quietly. He could hear how she was close to the edge, how difficult it was for her to keep her head together.

"... Alive... or whatever, I think." She added, as an answer to his question.

"So much is a blur, a haze, and I can't make sense of it." At no point had she moved, she didn't look up at him, didn't move anything more than the scratching. That wasn't too surprising though. At home they had a wall that she'd scratched all to hell. It was in the kitchen, and really was the pantry door. She had taken to scratching it whenever she was trying to keep herself together, usually when preparing food for herself.

To see her scratching could be alarming, or comforting.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 21:50:34 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Azazel was silent as he heard her speak, and saw her scratching. He'd seen it before, but never this bad. Never this... precarious. Normally her scratching was only brief, but this was constant. She was constantly battling to keep herself from going crazy on everyone.

"I... yeah, fair..." he then said.

"Aedan, we're... we're trying to find out what caused this, and to see if we can't help." he told her. "Though odds are you already know that, or have been told that, or whatever." he sighed.

"Do you know what happened?" he asked.

"Or do you have ANY clue as to what could have brought you to this state?" he asked further.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 21:52:55 )

The zombie was silent for a few seconds, a few twitches.

"Photo." She told him.

"camera." She continued.

"Girl with Camera. Can't remember her name." She added. Her answers may have been short, but they had plenty of information.

"Snapsnapsnap. Hurt and she wouldn't stop."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 22:17:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel's eyes widened when he heard that, as he remembered the twinges of pain he had felt before... when Jordan had snapped photos of him at the window. And his mind started to race, as he pieced things together.

"Oh... oh no..." he stammered.

"It's okay, Aedan. I understand. You don't have to force yourself to talk any more if you don't want to." he told her. "I perfectly understand what you just said." he assured her further.

"And I will do everything I can to make you whole again. I promise." he vowed to her.

"Just trust me, ok?" he continued.

"...Suntem veșnici." he then said. It was something that they'd taken to saying to each other instead of 'I love you'. Neither were sure they had the capabilities for proper and actual love, but they knew what they felt for each other. And they'd decided to use that phrase, spoken in Romanian, which when translated, said 'We are eternal'. He was a demon, she was an undying zombie... and they would stay together forever.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 22:20:09 )

"Suntem veșnici Aedan responded, but there was... some hesitance to her voice, to syllables. It was the last thing she said though, as she really was on an edge, and it was taking all she had to not fall. She knew she could keep herself on the level, but this was still very much not pleasant.

When Az made his way out of that area, and to where Kiah and Ilias were, she looked over.

"Feel better, having spokjen with her?" She asked, her voice curious, concerned.

"... If you were able to. I'm not sure what her current state is, entirely."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 22:40:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I was able to speak to her." Azazel responded.

"We didn't say much, but she told me EVERYTHING I needed to know." he then told her.

"What's happened to her? Her soul being as it is? It's Jordan's fault." he stated. "More specifically, that damn camera." he went on, before pausing.

"Ah, wait." he then said.

"Do you even know what I'm referring to?" he asked. For all he knew, Ilias and Kiah could have managed to avoid being photo-shot by the vampire.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 22:42:19 )

Kiah was silent for a moment.

"I... have noidea." She answered.

"We've been stuck down here for the past... fuck... few weeks trying to figure out why something keeps NOT working." She told him honestly.

"So... what's going on with what camera now?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 23:01:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel just sighed.

"Well, Jordan. You know her, yeah?" he asked.

"Yeah, Jaden and Desiree's daughter, Sebastien's partner." Kiah responded. "Why?" she asked.

"She has a camera. And she's been snapping photos of everyone." Azazel responded. "She surprised me with a candid and spontaneous photoshoot while I was absently looking out the window." he told her. "And when she did so, I felt these twinges of pain that went away as soon as they came, so I didn't think too much of it." he explained further.

"...but I think the only reason I'm still fine... is because I'm a demon." he revealed. "I have NO soul." he said.

"I think that camera is damaging the souls of the ones she takes pictures of."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 23:05:57 )

Kiah didn't say anything for a few seconds before just sighing, heavily.

"greaaaat" She muttered.

"That's brilliant." She added before pausing.

"Is that why people are acting weird lately?" She asked.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 23:35:00 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel nodded.

"That would explain any weirdness." he said.

"When people don't have their complete souls, they lose parts of who they are." he told her. "Especially when it's so sudden." he continued.

"In Aedan's case, her soul is literally her everything, so without parts of it, she's devolved into something borderline mindless. She's losing herself, or rather, teetering on the verge of it." he went on.

"But given what I've experienced, and what little Aedan managed to tell me, I can only assumed that Jordan's camera has something sinister about it."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/8 23:44:54 )

Kiah was silent before sighing, heavily.

"You should go make sure Hal is aware of that detail." She commented.

"And I'm going to have to hope that she doesn't come down here. We have glass walls." She added.

"There's the possibility of Ilias being here, as we are, and she could snap photos from the hall there." She said, motioning toward the glass wall, and all, in question.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 00:01:50 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Azazel paused for a moment, scratching his chin.

"Yeah..." he said.

"Wait." he then muttered. "Don't you guys have shutters that you can pull down near the entrance?" he asked. "To show the place is effectively quarantined?" he asked further.

"That might block her and that camera out." he reasoned.

"Or were they dismantled and taken down?" he asked.

"I know I heard rumours of that happening, to be replaced with the ability to tint or black out the glass here... but I don't know if that's happened, or is in the process of happening, and the current status of either." he added.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/09/9 02:24:55 )

"we did, yes. But they were destroyed... A week? Ago with a nasty explosion from something that someone who no longer works here did." Kiah told him honestly.

"we're waiting on the upgrade for the glass." she added.

"So, unfortunately, we're in that awkward point of having neither."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.