Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat Mojo Monday!

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:25:15 )

@MoodyB: Nothing wrong with that. ^^

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:51:48 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: yup. and dont think my art is very good anyways lol

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 00:29:33 )

@totalanimefan: Thank you ^^ I used to take walks pretty often before I moved to this apartment, but I don't feel comfortable walking in my neighborhood. I definitely could have found other areas to walk in, but my anxiety's held me back for so long. The thought of driving to a park would trigger a bunch of "what ifs?" in my mind. Thankfully I can walk with my sister and my boyfriend whenever I see them, I just have to get over the anxiety of going on my own. I used to be fearless and would go on far walks by myself all the time, idk what happened.

I live in the capital of Ohio (I don't want to disclose the city, but I'm sure we all know what it is hahaha). There are a lot of luxury apartments here, and it seems like every apartment that is currently being built or has been built in recent years is a luxury apartment (or what they consider "luxury.") A one bedroom in those go for $1k+ and I've even seen luxury studio apartments that go for that price. There are some more affordable apartments than those, but even they've been too expensive for me. Factoring in bills and things like gas, groceries, etc, I could barely afford to live in my $611/month studio apartment in the almost 2 years I've been here. So here's to hoping I'll be able to move up with these jobs.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 00:51:06 )

@MoodyB: I haven't seen that much of your art, but what I have seen I like. ^^

@Ark: I think it's nicer to go for walks with people but lost of people would rather take a walk alone. I say any way is fine as long as people get out walking! Oh as for 'luxury' it's just a term that builders use. There is no legal meaning behind the term. Most of the time it refers to newer construction but where I lived in CA people would still use that term for old housing that was renovated in the last 10 years.
I think your new jobs will help you, but I also think that you should ask the front desk people if they have any affordable units. I'm sure that you city has a mandate that new housing must include affordable units. They are the same as the other full price units. Just at a lower rate if you earn 40%, 60% or 80% of the average income for your city. Most people that work retail jobs can get them. But some buildings might be full. It just depends. ^^

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 00:57:41 )

@Totalanimefan: Ooohh, okay. :O Cause nothing seems luxury about a lot of the apartments, other than the black kitchen appliances and granite countertops lol. But I'll have to look into asking. Thanks :)

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 01:02:36 )

@Ark: Yeah lots of people wonder but it means nothing legally.
Please do! It could be so exciting for you to be able to find a new place! ^^

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 22:26:36 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

@Totalanimefan: i feel my work is very....boring.
but lemon piece is a step forward.
but maybe after art isnt super hard for me i'll reopen art threads.

mainly trying to at least get good at anatomy and painting.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/28 12:40:33 )
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sold some Pokemon games and the buyer finally received them. *u*
I mostly lurk, but will post from time to time.

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.