Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing For Eternity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 02:54:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"Now that I know there's substantial demand for it, I can more than justify it to the uppers." Hal reasoned, before pausing.

"...or maybe I always knew, but didn't acknowledge it for whatever reason." he mumbled.

"Regardless, it starts as soon as possible. And given the people we have working for it, it won't take long at all." he went on, thinking about it again for another moment, pondering something.

"Where do you think it should be?" he asked.

"There's near the cafeteria, near the entrance, or near the medwing. Those are the primary locations I am considering."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 02:58:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Angela paused a moment, thinking about it.

"Hmnmm... I say medwing, myself, but I know that while that's perfect for me, it might not be perfect for everyone." She then said.

"But... if, by the entrance, you mean the area you've had blocked off because the renovations kept being delayed, then yeah." She added with a nod.

"I do agree with that, it'd be a good place, and give easy access outside for some fresh air for the kids."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 03:20:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Fair enough." Hal replied.

"Discuss it with the other parents around here and come to a consensus." he told her.

"...and now I need to address another situation." he went on, before pausing. "Oh, and before I put the cart before the horse, I have a related question for you." he then said.

"The girl. What's her name again?" he asked.

"Lunet." Angela responded.

"Yes, Lunet!" Hal said. "How is she faring?" he asked her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 03:28:29 )

"She's faring better than last night at least." Angela answered with a nod.

"Along with that, I'm a bit surprised about it, to be honest. I ran a couple of blood tests on her, and it really just.... Raised more questions than it answered, to be honest." She added.

"Bit of a shame, to be honest. She's scared, but seems sweet."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 03:52:35 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal was about to say something, before pausing.

"Wait."he said.

"Hold on." he muttered.

"Fairing better than last night is good, but being scared is something we'll need to work on." he said further.

"But what do you mean her bloodwork raised more questions than answers?" he asked.

"What sort of questions?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 03:56:00 )

Angela paused for a moment.

"She's terrified that we might return her to her mother." She told him honestly.

"As for her bloodwork.... Well, to start, she has an extremely weak immune system. I don't know how the hell it is that she managed to survive this long. She also has far more scars than I think one of her age should, even with her being blind. It really does give the impression that there... Is a lot to her history that I really don't want to delve into. However, I know I might have to to find out everything that may or may not need treatment."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 04:15:27 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal narrowed his eyes as he heard all that.

"...I see." he said.

"This news is... very distressing, to understate it." he told her.

"The more I hear, the more disgust I feel towards that vile woman of a mother of hers." he admitted, before clearing his throat.

"But hopefully we can show her that she is past all that now."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 04:22:53 )

"Oh, assuming Ty DOES manage to take her in, yeah. I'm sure that it will most certainly be all but guaranteed." Angela told him with a light chuckle.

"Ah, right. I know I mentioned it, but I am reasonably certain that Ty truly wants to take Lunet in." She added. "However... he's single. I'm not sure how that would go for him. So yes, a daycare here would most certainly help with that, I think."

"I just... I actually think that if he DOES take her in, legally, and properly, than... she'd do a lot of good for him."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 04:43:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just exhaled slowly when she said all that.

"Indeed." he said.

"I can see where you're coming from with that." he told her.

"That being said, I AM going to talk to someone about Ty adopting her." he then promised.

"Beyond that, I make no promises." he then stressed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 04:51:27 )

"Of course. I know you're good, but I also know you aren't perfect. " Angela commented with a laugh.

"Thank you for doing whatever you can, though." She then said, sincerity to her voice.

"I definitely appreciate it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 05:13:52 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal smiled softly.

"I do what I can." he said.

"On a more personal note, how IS Liv doing?" he asked.

"Been a while and you haven't said much about her, and yes, no news can be good news, but... well, I just wanna know." he reasoned.

"How's she been doing as of late?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 05:21:53 )

"Liv? She's missing me, as is usual, but doing well. Top of her class too, which is fantastic." Angela answered.

"And on that note... she's already starting to know what she might want to do in the future too, which is awesome." She added with a laugh.

"we'll just have to wait and see if that sticks later, or not"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 05:44:24 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Oh hey, good to hear!" Hal responded.

"..." he was then silent, thinking a moment, and then coughing slightly.

"Been a while since I've been able to see her." he mumbled. Hal wasn't related to Angela at all... but he was a very good friend of hers... as well as Liv. And he'd been around in the beginning so much, helping out, that Liv had taken to calling him 'Uncle' sometimes. And he missed that.

"...with this daycare centre here..." he went on, before shaking his head.

"Regardless!" he exclaimed.

"Let me know if the area by the entrance is workable. If it is, the centre may be up and running sooner than planned, seeing as we won't need to tear down anything, and can merely finish up that area AS a daycare." he told her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 05:48:33 )

"Yeah, I think there might work perfectly." Angela told him honestly.

"It's not the largest place or area, but expanding it can be something that is tackled in the future, if need be." She added.

"I think it might be big enough as is, just needs the renos to be finished and such first."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 06:08:57 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Well, here's the list of those appointed to the committee to help design the place." Hal responded, handing her a sheet of paper with names on it.

"Confer with them when you have the chance, even if just by email, and tell the decision." he told her.

"Once that's settled, I'll see to it the construction is complete, and you all can help the decorator I hire make the place perfect for the tots." he went on.

"And hopefully, if I speed things up, it should be done shortly." he promised.

"Also, do let me know if anything crops up with Lunet." he then said.

"The fact you said her blood tests were puzzling is... a bit concerning to me."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 06:10:56 )

Angela nodded as she accepted the page.

"Yeah, I'll make sure to do that." She assured him.

"And, as I said, the main thing is that her immune system is extremely weak. Considering how thin she is, I'm amazed she's alive. One would think she'd have caught the flu by this point and ended up six feet under."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 06:40:48 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"....hm." he mumbled.

"That IS a worry." he stated.

"Maybe we can have more tests done on her." he continued.

"And she'll need to be up to date on her vaccinations and immunizations, obviously." he added.

"Do whatever you need to, to see that she's as healthy as can be."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 06:43:25 )

"Of course." Angela said with a nod.

"I'll do what I can." She added after a moment or two.

"Anyway, if there's nothing else, I'll head back down to the medwing." She then said. "Check on Lunet, make sure there are no other issues with anyone, or whatever."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 07:05:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"You do that." Hal said.

With that, they parted ways and he left.

"....hmmmm..." he mumbled.

"I'll need to get the ball rolling on Lunet's adoption..." he went on.

"Hrm." he muttered further, crossing his arms over his chest.

"...welp, no sense wasting time. But I need the proper... bribe."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 07:14:09 )

A couple of days later, Hollie was in her office, reading over some reports, files, proposals, something or other. It was all official paperwork that she needed to look over, considering her position, though. In the middle of it all, there was a knock on the door.

"It's open!" She called, not saying anything more for the moment as she continued with what she was doing. She had no idea who it was, but had a suspicion as she could feel his presence, and certainly wasn't going to be jumping to conclusions.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.