Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing For Eternity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 08:00:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

The man didn't move. He was dead. And a heavy weight on the child now.

The one that had hit him, then reached under and yanked the girl out from under him... harshly.

"Come here, you little brat." they snarled.

"He may have fucked it up for a little bit, but we'll set this back up and get this done!" he declared, as he started to drag her back towards the flames.

"As long as YOU die... the ritual will succeed!"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 08:03:47 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
The child took a deep breath after she was freed, as the dead weight had been making it hard to breathe a bit.

"Let me go!" She exclaimed as she tried to do something, anything, to get free. She knew she couldn't though, as she didn't even know what direction the target was.

All she could do was swing wildly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 08:25:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Her swings missed, as the one that grabbed her tightened their grip on her wrist. They then threw her forward, and she felt that she was close to the heat of the raging fire that had been created.

"It doesn't matter if this place burns to the ground!" the leader declared.

"Oh Great One! Accept this child! Accept her suffering!" he yelled to the heavens.

That's when she heard the one behind her.

"The agony from being burned will surely bring the Great One." they hissed.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 11:59:27 )

When the child was thrown forward, her hand landing too close to the fire for comfort, she let out a cry of pain, surprise, and desperation. To say she wanted to get out of there, and get home, or somewhere, was an understatement. However, she didn't find herself wanting her MOmmy at this point, despite how some might expect she would, considering how young she looked.

"...." She didn't say anything though, couldn't. She felt ready to just break down, but was somehow managing to not just curl up in a ball and cry... granted, that might have been because even at such a young age, she was still realising that her life was in danger.

So, all she did, was just scream. Loud. It was shrill, it was painful.

She had one hell of a pair of lungs in her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 21:43:30 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The cultists all covered their ears when she screamed, the ones closest to her showing faint signs of actual pain.

"Ah! Damn it!" one of them cursed.

"She'll get someone here!" another said.

"There's nobody out here!" the leader responded. "And even if there IS, no matter! The plan was to sacrifice ourselves alongside the girl, so if this warehouse goes up in flames, we shall still succeed!" he declared.

"Just keep her from escaping, and we shall summon him!" he finished, laughing out loud.

As he did so, the flames continued to engulf the area, their strange effect of paralysis starting to cause the cultists to drop to the floor... except for the leader, whose pendant was glowing now, allowing him to stand tall amongst the flames. He then approached the girl, and looked down at her.

"...well... everyone will die, except MYSELF." he chuckled darkly.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 22:02:42 )

He ignored her scream, somehow managing to be heard over it even, which was surprising enough that it caused an end to her scream.

She backed away from the voice, not knowing what was behind her, but also not caring. All she knew was that she had to get away from the one that was the threat.

As she felt the heat from the fire behind her, she carefully stepped back more, trying to avoid the actual flames.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 22:29:15 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The gravitational effect of the flames had finally managed to catch up to her, and she fell to her knees, feeling the flames lick her arms, as the searing pain of them ran through her nerves.

However, at that point, a gunshot was heart, and a bullet whizzed past the leader's neck, severing the chain that the pendant was attached to, and causing two things to happen. The first was the leader then felt the effects of the flames, and collapsed in a heap, blood flowing from where the bullet had grazed him. The second was that the pendant fell to the floor and rolled up against the child's hand, allowing her freedom from the flame's effects.

"GRAB THAT AND RUN!" she heard the man that had tried to save her yell.

"GRAB IT AND RUN! RUN TO THE EXIT!" he yelled further.

He was still on the floor, and his voice was definitely that of pain, as the hand that was holding the gun was shaking, and he let it fall to the floor as well.

"Damn it." he cursed. "I shouldn't be moving while this isn't complete yet." he muttered, wincing from the pain of movement.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 22:41:52 )

She was completely silent, grasping what hit her hand without even thinking about it, and not realising that someone was calling out to her. All she knew for the moment, was that whatever she had inher hand would grant her some freedom, was granting her that freedom, and it didn't take long before she got to her feet, holding it close. She didn't know what it was, but also didn't care.

But it was then that she realised that she had no idea what direction to go.

Normally she could feel her way out, however, the flames and the heat they produced was making that notably more difficult, along with the noise from everything burning, breaking, etc.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 23:01:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The man looked at the girl, and saw she was lost... and how she actually couldn't SEE where she was going, or where to go.

"HEY! HEY, OVER HERE!" he yelled. "FOLLOW THE SOUND OF MY VOICE!" he called to her.

However, it seemed like he wasn't loud enough.

"Damn it!" he cursed.

"..." he was then silent, before looking towards the door, and narrowing his eyes.

'It's a long shot, but it's worth it...' he thought, aiming the gun at the door, and firing. He aimed for the hinges, and after missing a few shots, managed to blast the aging hinges off, causing the door to fall forward, and cool outside air to flow inside. He knew this would cause the flames to become stronger, and that'd be bad if the sprinkler system didn't turn on... but maybe she'd feel the colder air and rush towards it.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 23:09:40 )

The crash of the door hitting the floor, and causing the flames to be blown toward her for the moment was enough to draw her attention in that direction.

She knew where to go now, and didn't know who or what it was that gave her the information, but wasn't going to complain. Instead, she just hurried toward the door, feeling her way through (meaning she was a bit slower than would be normal) and not even seeming to care about the fact that at some point the ends of her long platinum blonde hair caught fire. She could smell it, but figured it was something around her, one of those on the floor that she was making her way through, tripping over.

Eventually, she got outside, and basically just collapsed to her hands and knees, terrified, sobbing, and hurting. As she felt the flames on her hair starting to lick her back, she, understandably, freaked out, trying to figure out what the hell was going on, how to stop it, what it was that she needed to do... everything. However, she couldn't see a damned thing, and honestly didn't know what was going on. All she knew was that it hurt. a lot, and she wanted the pain to stop.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 23:35:08 )
Forgive, O Lord,

By this point, the man had practically dragged himself outside, and saw that the girl was still on fire.

"God damn it all!" he cursed, before looking around and seeing a rainbarrel nearby. It had rained a few nights ago, so hopefully there was water inside it.

"Hey!" he called to her, but she did not respond.

He then forced himself to his feet, despite the immense pain he was feeling, and made his way towards her. He quickly lifted her up and, despite her squirming and panicking, took her over to the barrel and set her inside it, the water immediately dousing the flames.

Though she still hurt from their burning her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/24 23:49:35 )

As she felt the water, and felt the burning fading a bit, she stopped squirming so much, but after a few seconds, she scrambled out of the barrel. Or at least, she tried to. She was a little too small to make it hard to do. So after confirming the flames were squashed, he lifted her out the barrel and kept hold of her.

"Are you ok?" He asked, his voice concerned. She was silent for a few seconds before nodding. She was alive, that was good enough for her.

"th... thank you." She said quietly, coughing slightly.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 00:09:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The man just sighed, and slowly made his way to the van that the cultists had brought her in.

"Please let them have left the keys, please let them have left the keys..." he pleaded aloud, looking inside the van... and smirking.

"Ah, good." he said. "Though I suppose when you're trying to bring about the end of all things, making sure you don't leave the keys in the van is... not a top priority." he reasoned.

"We're getting you out of here." he told her, making his way to the other side and setting her down into the seat. He then took the robe he was still wearing off, and draped it around her.

"Dry off on that." he said. "For once, the damned robe'll be used for something GOOD..."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 00:20:20 )

The child was silent, holding the robe in closer, shivering. She didn't say anything though, as she didn't know what the hell she COULD say. She knew what she wanted to, she wanted to thank him, but didn't know what she was allowed to say here.

"Th.... thank you..." She said quietly, pulling her knees up and just wrapping her arms around them, shaking, shivering, as she did so. She didn't know what it was that was going on, entirely, but she just needed to get somewhere safe, and she realised THAT.

The question was where though, as she couldn't find her MOther. However, she realised that her mother was not a good woman, and she really didn't want to return to that life anyway.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 00:44:01 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"You're welcome." he responded, closing the door and making his way to the other side. He stepped inside and closed the door, starting it up and quickly driving away from the warehouse.

He was silent for a moment, before then sighing.

"I'm going to take you somewhere safe." he told her. "Somewhere that you can get treated and have your injuries tended to." he said.

"But on the way, let's go through a drive-thru and get some food." he suggested.

"What do you want to eat?" he asked. He knew she had sustained injuries, but this would be quick, and he had a feeling she was starving.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 00:49:42 )

"Nothing! I'm fine!" She exclaimed, trying to be a good girl.

"I never... ID on't need aything. I'm good, I swear!" she added, some fear to her voice.

"I promise, I won't... I won't cause you any problems, or costs, or money, or anything!"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 01:10:21 )
Forgive, O Lord,

He was taken aback at he heard that, but then sighed, shaking his head.

"Sometimes, people ARE scum..." he mumbled.

"Listen, kid." he then said. "I don't know everything about your past, and I know my saying this isn't going to change anything overnight, but I'm not like the people who taught you to be like that." he told her.

"I'm offering you food because I want to. Because I'm trying to be nice." he said further.

"That's all. I don't mind about problems or costs or money. I don't expect anything in return."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 01:24:24 )

She was silent, didn't know what it was that she was supposed to make or do here. She also didn't entirely care at the moment. What she did know, however, was the fact that she did not know this person, did not know what kind of hand he had within what the hell she'd just gone through. She didn't entirely knowif she could trust him, but also realised that he was seemingly a trustworthy source. However, she also knew that there was definitely potential to be an issue.

That didn't really matter though, as she had no issues with dying. She knew that she likely would at some point, but didn't know what it was that was coming, or when it was coming.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 01:44:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,

The man just sighed, before taking his phone out of his pocket, setting it up on the mount that was there, and pressing a call button. It rang for a few seconds, before another male answered.

"What is it, Ty?" he asked.

"That cult's been severely hindered." Ty responded.

"God damn it, Ty." the man growled. "I told you not to get involved with them. We needed to wait until we had hard evidence of them breaking mage or mortal laws." he went on. "Are YOU the reason there's a massive fire in the warehouse district?" he then asked snappishly.

"Yes." Ty replied. "But I did it to save a little girl's life." he said further.

"...I see." the other one responded, sounding much softer now. "Is she all right?" he asked.

"She's alive, but hurt and scared." Ty told him. "I'm bringing her to the Unit for medical attention." he said further.

"...very well." the man said. "Then I suppose your actions are justified." he reasoned. "I'll make sure the medical bay and Jake know of this. I assume you're on your way back now?" he asked.

"Yep. And I'll need a van to be disposed of." Ty finished.

The girl didn't really have much to add to this conversation. However, for what it was worth, the caller and the one on the other side DID seem genuine.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 01:55:24 )

The child didn't say anything, however that wasn't too surprising, at all. All she did know was that there was definitely something going on, and she didn't know what more was to come of this.

She didn't even dare to give herself the chance to hope for something, considering what she was used to. Hope had always been something to be punished.

As the call happened, she maintained silence, just curled in on herself, ignoring the conversation as best she could. However, she did realise that the voices honestly seemed sincere, genuine, but... she still didn't actually know.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.