Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing For Eternity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 07:36:02 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

The door opened slowly, and she saw Hal poke his head in.

"Hallo, hallo." he greeted her with a smile... a rare greeting from him.

"How are you doing today?" he asked her.

"Figured I'd stop by and pay a visit... haven't seen you for a week or so." he continued.

"...not that it's anyone's fault, we've both been VERY busy."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 07:39:02 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
She paused, looking up to the one that had entered her office.

"Yeah, quite busy." she agreed with a nod.

"Good to see you, but it's rare you show up here." She continued, closing the file she was looking over and meeting his gaze.

"You really came by for a visit, jhust on a whim?" She asked, her voice making it apparently she wasn't entirely convinced.

"Halfway across the world... on a whim."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 08:00:28 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Oh, well, you know..." Hal mumbled.

"I also have a little something for you." he told her.

Then, before she could respond, he stepped into the room, holding what looked to be a clear plastic cup like one would find at a coffee shop. And it was a large one. Inside there appeared to be a chilled drink with ice in it, and sky blue whipped cream atop, bits of chocolate and salted caramel sprinkled atop said whipped cream. A straw poked out of the top of the cup, and when he sat it down in front of her, she could tell what it was.

This drink had arcane mana mixed inside it to enhance EVERYTHING about it. And a large would have taken at least a day to properly 'brew' and 'mix'.

"I figured you could use something to drink." he said.

"Help get you through the day."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 08:02:06 )

What Hal received in response was silence. A good twenty seconds of it before she met his gaze.

".... what do you want, Hal?" She asked bluntly.

"Seriously. What do you want? You never make or arrange to have this made for me without reason. So what's the reason this time?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 08:21:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal's eyes widened for a moment.

"Want!?" he exclaimed lightly.

"Just because I bring you one of your favourite drinks, it has to mean that I want-" he started to say further, before sighing and slumping forward a little, shaking his head slightly.

"Can you please push a little girl of unknown mage status into the mage adoption system?" he asked. "It would really help if she were classified as being under mage jurisdiction." he went on, before pausing.

"...seeing as... Agent King wishes to adopt her..." he added at the end.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 20:25:23 )

Hollie was silent for a moment.

"... first off, King wants to adopt a little girl?" She asked, her voice ccurious.

"I admit, I'm surprised."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 21:53:12 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just sighed heavily.

"Caught ME off guard, too." he said, sitting down in a chair that was in front of her desk.

"But... well... she's so young, but already her life is... shall we say... miserable?" he went on.

"The very short version is that she is blind, from Wales but her mother abandoned here while on 'vacation', and was nearly sacrificed to that damn cult of suffering." he continued.

"According to Angela, she's very shy, nervous, slow to trust, and her immune system is... not good." he then finished.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 00:36:37 )

Hollie paused a moment.

"She's from here?" She asked,her voice curious.

"Any idea on her name?" Followed a second later.

"I can work my magic to deal with her parents."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 00:52:53 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal nodded.

"She is. Was. Whatever." he confirmed. He then smirked when she mentioned about working her magic to deal with her parents.

"Well, I don't know her parent's names." he said. "Or name." he continued. "She's only ever mentioned her mother, so I don't know the status of her father." he admitted.

"But her last name is Larson." he said.

"Lunet Larson." he told her, more fully.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 00:57:41 )

Hollie nodded as she wrote that down.

"I should be able to find a birth record of her.' She told him honestly.

"Any details you can offer about her would help." She added. "Because, assuming she wasn't born in an alleyway or something, yeah. Anything of note would likely end up being on record in a hospital, and I should be able to find her mother, at least, through that."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 01:21:36 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal thought for a moment. He'd seen Lunet once or twice, had brief conversations with her, so he relayed what she looked like. He then paused for a moment, and realised he forgot a small detail.

"I said she was blind." he reminded her.

"That's not something that was inflicted on her." he said.

"She was BORN blind." he stressed. "So that would be of note, probably."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 01:24:26 )

"Born blind?" Hollie asked.

"Yeah. Her eyes are lacking an iris or pupil." Hal answered, causing Hollie to pause.

"... yep. That'd be something of note." She agreed with a nod as she noted that down.

"I don't know how quickly I'll find the information, but I will. Do you want anything to do with the Mothers punishment?" She asked.

"Or shall I just let you know when she has been dealt with?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 01:45:25 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal paused.

"Don't tell ME." he said. "Given what I am, it's not good for me to know the details about when people like her mother are dealt with." he told her. "I have to try and remain as impartial as possible." he went on.

"However, DO tell Tyson." he then said.

"Then he'll be able to tell Lunet she has nothing to fear from her Mother." he reasoned.

"...and you know how he likes his vigilante justice. I'm sure it'd do his damaged soul good to hear what the Mother suffers."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 01:51:15 )

Hollie nodded.

"... Very true." She agreed.

"Anyway, the reason you're here." She then said before looking to him, setting the pen down.

"... are you sure that he can handle it? You know that single parents are rarely awarded adoption because of the whole fact of it not being an easy thing to deal with."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 02:10:59 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I know." Hal responded.

"However, I am in the process of making things lighter for him in terms of caring for her." he stated.

"...did you know I have almost 50 single parents under my employ?" he asked, seemingly in a non-sequitur.

"Well, I am now in the process of putting a permanent daycare centre in the Unit." he informed her.

"Meaning things will be a lot easier for ALL parents under my employ." he went on.

"Including Tyson."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 02:22:17 )

"Did I know? Not at all." Hollie told him honestly.

"Am I surprised? Again, not at all." She added.

"You have enough people under your employ that I'm actually a little surprised how long it has taken you to decide to put a daycare in."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 02:45:17 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Hal just sighed.

"I'm not perfect." he stated.

"Regardless. It's being made, and will be made quickly." he told her. "Or... well, swiftly. It will still be properly made, and odds are the area that's never been fully renovated will be finished and used as such." he said.

"The area near the entrance." he clarified.

"So, with that being said, Tyson WILL have a reliable place where Lunet can be take care of while he works."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 02:52:54 )

Hollie nodded.

"Good to know." was all she said for a moment.

"Now, are you sure he can handle it?" She asked. "... I know he has drinking problem."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 03:14:04 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"..." Hal was silent for a moment.

"See, that's the thing." he said.

"I'm asking you to put the child into the mage system, because I really don't think she'll do well in the regular system." he told her. "But, I know that, even with you pushing it, it can take a bit." he continued.

"I'm giving Ty an ultimatum." he then said. "He rehab's himself... or he's not getting Lunet." he stated.

"No if's, and's or but's." he said further.

"If he manages to quit drinking excessively by the time Lunet is in the system, he'll be fit to adopt, in my eyes."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/27 03:22:35 )

"Well... I can put a push to have it that a single parent can adopt a child, yes." Hollie assured him.

"It will take a couple of months, still." She continued.

"And she will need to be in a foster position. Do you have anyone in mind for that? I'm sure that I can have it that she's set up somewhere that would help for all this, but I need to know where. Surely you don't think you want to keep her in the building. I know you have dorms there, but are they really fitting for a child?"

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.