Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing For Eternity

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 07:34:29 )
Forgive, O Lord,
my little jokes on thee...

"I did." Ty responded.

"And he said that this place simply isn't safe for a child. Especially one in such a... unique... situation." he told her, referring to how Lunet seemingly couldn't see. "Ah, right, questions about that, but later." he then muttered.

"Anyway, I said that I'd take her in, MYSELF." he stated.

"If it reduces the chance of her and her mother ever being reunited, I will do ANYTHING." he said further.

"That poor child has been through enough."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 07:37:27 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Angela nodded.

"I'm not surprised. This place really isn't child friendly." She commented.

"I can only get away with bringing Liv in here sometimes because she stays HERE in the medwing, and usually in my office or the break room." She continued. "Plus.... well, I'm responsible fo rher, not Hal, so if anything happened it'd be me."

"Now, she IS going to be stuck here for a couple f days, regardless what the boss says."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 08:00:22 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"He knows." Ty responded.

"He fully expects her to be here for a bit." he said further.

"But Lunet needs someone to take her in. She doesn't deserve to be out there on her own, and I don't have faith in the system that she'll be thrown into otherwise." he continued.

"But I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to take her in." he then said.

"I'd be a single parent working a job. And she's... blind. I don't know how well that'd work out."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 08:03:02 )

Angela nodded.

"I know, that'll be a task." She agreed.

"And I completely agree that her being in the system is one hell of a bad idea. She's completely blind, not even any light perception as most people have." She continued.

"Born that way, from what I can gather. She has no idea what it means to have sight" She paused a moment, thinking.

"If there is any way at all that I can help, let me know, hey?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 08:25:16 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Thanks." he responded.

"...I suppose I could hire a sitter if need be..." he mumbled. "I've enough money. Been saving for a while..." he admitted.

"Because you have it tough enough with just Liv." he reasoned. "It'd be too much to ask YOU to take her in." he said further.

"But if we can't find anyone, I'LL do it." he stated.

"And I'll MAKE it work."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 10:44:02 )

"Honestly, Hal needs a damned daycare wing." Angela commented.

"Liv's 8, and I'm a single mother. I also know that I'm not the only one in this building that needs to hire a sitter often." She added.

"Anyway, I can probably hook you up with my sitter. He's good with Liv, and I don't think he'd have an issue with a blind girl? Especially if the two end up making it easy and becoming friends."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 19:59:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ty paused when she mentioned a daycare wing.

"...that's... that's a good point." he said. "I'm... going to mention it to him." he told her. "And you say you know you're not the only one that needs to hire a sitter often." he went on.

"We both know Hal's a reasonable man. MORE than reasonable." he continued.

"If we can get a collection of signatures... maybe not a petition, per se, but a sheet of paper that shows the need for such a wing, then perhaps he can be persuaded to convert an underused area to a daycare centre." he said further.

"However, your other solution, at least for the time being, is one that I hope will work." he then stated.

"I will cover any and all additional costs for taking care of Lunet, of course, and she could really use a friend that's around her own age."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:10:24 )

Angela nodded.

"Let me know how that goes." She said in reference to the idea of bringing it up with Hal.

"And I'll let you know what he says." She added.

"Not sure he'd be cool with a blind girl, but I'm reasonably certain he'll be ok with it."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:29:56 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Right." Ty responded.

"...actually, can you tell me people that would appreciate the daycare centre right now?" he asked. "Even if just a handful?" he asked further. "Might help to already have a few more names to give to him." he reasoned.

She nodded and did so, with Ty writing them down as she spoke.

"Cool." he said.

"Because Hal WILL make one. I just don't think he's ever been approached by enough people." he reasoned.

"He's nice, but still has bosses to justify costs to." he lamented.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:32:54 )

Angela nodded.

"Makes sense." She added.

"Anyway, yeah. I'll take care of this one here, you don't have to hang around if you don't want to. You can go see her, if you'd prefer - although I think she's asleep."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 20:49:51 )
Forgive, O Lord,

Ty shook his head.

"Let her sleep." he said. "I think she deserves it." he told her.

"...she's been through a lot. And this recent experience was surely... traumatic, to understate it." he commented further, looking in the direction of the room that Lunet was inside.

"Blind..." he mumbled.

"Poor thing. No wonder the cult singled her out." he went on.

"I really hope her and Liv meet, and become good friends." he told her.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 21:09:30 )

Angela didn't say anything for a few seonds, before sighing heavily. There was a lot of weight to that one breath, but she was a mother, so it really wasn't anything surprising.

"Blind, abandoned... She was probably a perfect target just because of that. She wouldn't be missed." She commented after a few seconds.

"Which is no life for a child."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/25 23:54:32 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"It really isn't." Ty agreed.

"Anyway, I have things to sort out, so I'll let you get back to what you need to do, and then go back home." he told her.

"Thanks again for this." he said.

The next day, Lunet was still recovering, but was showing significant improvement already, which Angela was noting on one of the reports she was typing. Just then, her desk phone rang.

"Angela?" Hal said when she answered. "I would like to speak with you in my office ASAP." he told her.

"Does it have to be literally RIGHT NOW?" Angela asked in response.

"It's not an emergency, no." Hal replied. "However, please come to my office the moment you have the time." he stated.

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 00:06:42 )

"Yeah, of course. I'll be there in about twenty or so. I want to finish this report first." angela told him honestly.

"I'll see you soon." With that, they ended the call and she returned to her work. About half an hour later, she made her way up to Hal's office, greeted Arryn, before knockong on the door into the office proper. When she was beckoned to enter, to which she did.

"Hey, you called for me?" She asked, closing the door behind her.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 00:33:31 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"Yes." Hal responded.

"Agent King came to me recently. Said we could use a daycare centre here in the Unit." he told her.

"I know you've mentioned that to be in the past." he went on.

"Know anything about it?" he asked with a smirk.

"Gotten him on your side about this now?"

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 00:48:36 )

Angela paused a moment before sighing.

"Technically, yes." She answered.

"I know you're aware of the child he brought in last night - Lunet." She continued. "But I'm not sure if you're aware of his thoughts on the matter. He's taken by the child, and ... he told me that he will do whatever it takes to help. I'm reasonably certain he'll fight tooth and nail to legal adopt her too."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 01:22:41 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"THAT is neither here nor there." Hal told her immediately.

"You are now part of a committee to assist with something." he told her. When she looked confused, he went on.

"It seems there are at least 40 people working here that could use a daycare service." he commented. "From the messages, notes, and visits I've been receiving, anyway." he continued.

"So you and several other parents will help out in deciding what the daycare centre will look like, décor and furnishing and such." he went on.

"Because, effective immediately, one is being installed here."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 01:56:50 )

Angela just chuckled lightly.

"Thank you, so much, Hal." She said. He could hear the relief in her voice.

"Are you intending it to he available all hours?" She asked after a moment or two. "Because my main, or biggest, concern, is at the dumb hours I need to come in for sometimes."

"I usually just have Liv sleep in my office at those points. So yeah, I'm just wondering about the hours of availability and whatnot."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 02:25:10 )
Forgive, O Lord,

"I'll make sure it's accessible whenever need be." Hal assured her.

"Which is to say, we can have someone ready to work there on the hours we're normally closed." he went on. "Someone to work off-hours, whether it be staying longer than planned, or super-late." he reasoned.

"The main hours will be an hour before we 'open', and an hour after we 'close'." he clarified.

"I'll work out those details as it's being built." he continued.

"If you know anyone that would be interested or qualified to work there, do let me know."

...and I'll forgive thy
great big one on me.
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/26 02:34:14 )

Angela nodded.

"I can't think of any at the moment, but I'll keep it in mind." She told him honestly.

"I'll put some thought into it."She added. before pausing a moment.

"I.... Just... Thank you."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.