Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:23:44 )
Low, keep your head, keep your head low...
.......................................Oh, you gotta keep your head low...

This is the third time in five years I have received a summons for Jury Duty. So far I haven't been called to actually serve (and I was excused the first time due to not living in that part of the state) but I feel like I must be in the jury lotto pull. I don't mind too much, as thankfully my job pays me my normal wage if I am selected, but it's two days before my birthday (6/9) so if they pick me, I'll get to spend my day in court

Have you ever served Jury Duty? Or been summoned? Does your country even do Jury Duty like the states?

...If you wanna keep your head

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 20:31:36 )

I've never been summoned or served. My Dad gets called for it a lot lol.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/13 21:30:25 )

I am off the list so I can't be called up, but my mum did it a few years ago. She said it was interesting but kinda daunting having so much responsibility.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 00:36:15 )

@sunny:

That happened to my previous supervisors she was on a super serious case (cant remember what but I know it was like murder tier) but thankfully she was only there one day as the person on trail cracked and confessed in the middle of it.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 01:31:59 )

I got summoned for it a few years ago, but luckily I was living in another state at the time so I didn't have to do it.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 03:21:14 )
I was summoned a few years back but wasn’t selected, which I was thankful for. I wasn’t even questioned to actually be on the jury since they already picked the jury before I had to be. I was there longer than my normal 8 hour work day which is insane and the pay is atrocious. I remember everyone was pretty much complaining the whole time.

Donator Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 16:21:53 )

@Spider: omg :o that's one way to get a result!

Also I just realised I'm not exempt?? Apparently you have to apply to be exempt, so I should probably do that....

currently: new novel who dis?

q u e s t i n g :
beanie doll! thank u cookie

Voltie Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/14 18:00:01 )

haha SAME?? I was summoned 3 times in the first 5 years since becoming eligible

the first time, I was excused bc of school
the second time, I was moving cities but they wouldn't let me transfer courts... (that's on them, I tried)
the third time, I went but wasn't selected or even questioned. just sat in a room for like 7 hours... theres gotta be a more efficient way to do this that doesn't waste so much time, this is 2021 cmon ALKDFJKL

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/18 00:29:24 )
I've never been called, and hope not to because I kinda don't want that responsibility lol. I can afford to, sure, but at the same time, the courthouse is all the way across town and the commute wouldn't be fun.

My dad was called and served once. Traffic accident, and I can't remember who exactly was at fault, but I remember thinking that case was a huge waste of time. He was retired, so couldn't even get paid for it. :L
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/19 00:50:42 )

I recall getting a paper in the mail for it once, but wasn't selected and didn't actually have to go anywhere for it.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — #Roy4Mayor Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/05/23 11:55:08 )
I got summoned, and then received a notice not to come in. So I guess I can be summoned again, kinda hope I don't though...or at least if I do that it's not a super-serious case >_<
Currently dressed as: Christmas Maple

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/07/2 13:54:06 )

I know its been two months but I figured I would let you all know I was not summoned.

Mr. Spider wants M̷̖̥͓̋͆́̚o̶̟͛̅r̴̨͍͔̦̰͙̈́e̵̝͑̆͐

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.