Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums General Chit-Chat We're about to become (pet) parents

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 19:35:49 )

After many years of trying--battling rejection, indifference, incompetence, and outright maliciousness from nearly every side--we FINALLY managed to secure a home of our own and move out of our families' houses for the last time. There's still a lot left to do, but now that we're here and things are starting to come together, we decided we were ready to adopt. We inquired about a cat we saw in the local PetSmart, but he was already spoken for. Then the foster lady contacted us again to tell us about a pair of nine-month-old kitty siblings she had, and they seemed pretty sweet so we agreed to go meet them. Admittedly I was envisioning that we'd get an older cat, but I'm a sucker for pretty much any and all cats, and these guys were very loving and didn't seem at all bothered by new people or other animals, which felt like a pretty good match for us. So we agreed to pick them up this weekend, which means I've got some shopping to do in the meantime.

I'm open to naming suggestions. One is male, other one is female, though I don't think it matters that much. The rescue was just calling them "Hook and Sis" because the male had a kink in his tail (making it kinda hooked) and the other one is, well, his sister. Lame. I'm sure we can do better than that!

But anyway, this will be the first time we've had pets that are truly ours, and not family pets (excluding a fish or two in the past). So that's pretty exciting.

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 22:08:08 )
They're so cute! And what a pretty color. I'm sure they'll be wonderful family members.

There's pros and cons to getting kittens, but most of the cons tend to sort themselves out eventually as they get older. It's good if you want to teach them good habits early. Plus with them being from the same litter they automatically have a playmate without having to introduce a new cat into the household. Sometimes that gets tricky.

Donator — UWU/ Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/15 22:19:32 )
@count trashula:

cute kitties >o<
月の兎 ☆★☆ 鹿の光
カイル • WISHLIST

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 01:20:37 )

@Priestess of Pie: Yeah, we were keeping an eye out for a bonded pair so we could avoid that issue without worrying about kitty getting lonely while we're at work--which was another point in favor of these two. As far as their age, I probably would have said no if they'd been any younger; they're still eating kitten food, but they're not too far off from adulthood. More teenager than baby, I guess lol
They are real pretty. Little supermodel cats.

@Kairu: ain't they? and they're cuddlebugs, too.

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/16 16:01:23 )

They’re so cute, congrats on the new home and the kittens! ^^

When I look at them, the first names that come to mind are Nougat (M) and Taffy (F). :O

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 21:39:55 )

@koneko: aye, makes sense. I love em, but two cats is definitely my limit. But we did want two, so coming as a pair is a bonus. As for names, we didn't have a particular theme in mind, just something that suited our interests and sounded good together as a pair. We both like fantasy and fairytale stuff, so we ended up settling on Gremlin and Goblin lol

@Ark: Thanks! I kinda disappeared and missed out on taking name suggestions (we've been pretty busy) but those names are really cute.

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 22:21:22 )

OMG they are soo cute!

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Donator — Frog bless Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 22:22:11 )
Gremlin and Goblin are PERFECT. They are 100% going to get into everything.

Mallow Tumbleweed
My Sons

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/19 23:09:43 )

@Totalanimefan: they are, aren't they?

@Priestess of Pie: Every time a door is opened in the house, it's safe to assume a cat is already inside. Luckily they aren't destructive, just incredibly nosy lol. Gremlin in particular; she loves to hide behind things and has been accidentally shut in closets and pantries several times now. They are aptly named...

Donator — He/They Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 16:55:06 )

;v; spent all morning cleaning up the mess they made of their litter. this is why i didn't want babies... but they're sweet, and i guess it'll get easier as they get older. can't be mad at em when they do that "mrrp" thing and rub their face all over you.

ALWAYS PING ME

Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/20 17:29:17 )

OH. MY. GOSH. Gremlin and Goblin are ADORABE. They are PERFECT, I'm crying.
I had a Russian Blue (same breed) named Kiwi (for the green eyes) when I was younger and we had to put her down.. I think two years ago. Her birthday was actually just yesterday and this photo showed up as my Facebook memories for today. Maybe it is fate that I am seeing this today. :')
Anyway, they are ADORABLE and I love them!

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.