Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free
Donator — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/10 23:52:48 )

What are some of your pet peeves?

I just got home from work and I'm a bit cranky, so most of mine are gonna be work related for now lol. I've been a barista for about 4 years, and throughout those 4-ish years, I hate it when:

- Customers approach the register while talking on their phones
- Customers are talking with someone while at the register, not giving me their full attention when I need it
- Customers don't have some form of payment ready and hold up the line fumbling to find their money
- Customers don't tell me what size drink they want when they're ordering ("Can I have a chai latte?" "Can I have a coffee?" Okay, but what size?)
- Customers ask "What sizes do you have?" as if some variation of small, medium, and large isn't the norm (It amazes me how often this is asked everyday. Where are people going where S, M, and L isn't the norm? I'm curious).
- Customers are not paying attention when I call out their drinks (sometimes multiple times), and then like 5 minutes later ask "Is this mine?"
- Customers ask for unsweetened iced tea, confirm that they don't want any sweeteners in it after I ask again (just to make sure), and then ask me for sweeteners as I'm handing them their tea (So sweetened? You wanted it sweetened? I could have sweetened it for you with whatever and how many ever sweeteners you wanted...)
- Customers ask for a black coffee with cream (at that point it's not black...)
- Customers say they don't like coffee, but then ask for a coffee or an espresso drink, and then get mad that their drink tastes like coffee...........
- Customers take off their masks to talk to me

Some non-work related peeves that come to mind are: people who talk on speaker phone/ FaceTime in public and people who don't use their turn signals. I'll leave it at that because I could go on forever.

❀❀❀❀

Check out my shop! Currently selling Winter '21 Plasma Orb Items and more.

Voltie — she/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 10:44:31 )

my pet peeves are: people who chew with their mouths open, burp loudly, don't care about others' personal space
people who don't clean up after their pets! :vanora_angry:
people who comment on the way someone is dressed
and people who make it clear with their politics that they don't give two shits about other people.

roleplay search | tarot readings | buying ohms (pm me) | questing: styr

Donator — She/Her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/11 17:49:32 )
People who can't be bothered to put things in a way that doesn't inconvenience others. Looking at you, people who don't put their shopping carts back but leave them in the middle of parking spaces! And people who had the energy to take the new toilet paper roll out of the wrapping but not the energy to put it ON the toilet paper rod/holder!!

And litterbugs...RAGE!! Just keep your trash until you can find the proper receptacle! NOT THAT HARD!!!
Goodbye, Voltra.
Feel free to add me on Discord: aisu9811

Donator — She/her Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 20:48:11 )

I also hate the things mentioned in this thread. But another that I want to add is people that don't wear their seatbelt in the car!
Also drivers that suck at driving. You guys give us all a bad name and you shouldn't have even gotten your DL.

By Ghost
https://www.threads.net/@hannahfoll____
Discord: Totalanimefan
@me
I'm friendly and will chat with anyone!

Voltie — Moody Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/13 22:49:41 )
Moody Says. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

-Using "i want to commission you" as a compliment.

-Getting advice when i never asked/wanted any advice.

-gatekeeping on things because of age, and just in general.

-people assuming i can do things any normal person can.

-Invalidating my mental illnesses because i don't have "proof."

-Being told "you can't be tired your young." or being told "well EVERYONE is tired."

idk if these really count as pet peeves.

If you need my attention for any reason please ping me.
[My Website]

Voltie — Damned Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/04/30 01:01:55 )

- That people don't say "excuse me" around here. At least not to me.
When I'm in someone's path in a store or somewhere public, the person I am with ends up having to tell me to move like I'm a fucking 5-year-old because the person just stands behind me waiting for eyes to grow out of the back of my head.

- When people assume they know how I feel or what my intentions are rather than asking me.

- People telling me what I should do to fit in.

Just because you don't see me doesn't mean I'm not here. I'm a lurker.

Deals With the Devil

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.