Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Colliding Destinies

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:10:17 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal looked to be taken aback, immensely, by her question/accusation.

"I beg your pardon?" he asked.

"String you up like the others?" he asked her.

"I have no idea what sort of preconceptions you may or may not have, but I assure you that I have NO intentions of harming you based on your race and/or species." he told Violet.

"I would have hoped that you would have learned that after being here for as long as you have been." he went on.

Emerald just sighed.

"A couple of years... does not counter a lifetime." he said quietly, sadly.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:15:49 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
Hollie was silent for a few seconds before looking to Emerald.

"What do you mean?" She asked him, her voice curious.

Are those that are found to not be human really put to death in the world you're from?" She asked.

"We are." Violet answered. "and it has been that way since before I first moved there." She added without thinking. It was the truth, after all.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:38:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Her last statement had not gone unnoticed by Emerald and Hal. But before Emerald could speak up, Hal beat him to it.

"...moved there?" he asked.

"Hold on." he said. "So you are not originally from the world that you and Emerald emigrated here from?" he asked her.

"Then where is your home world?" he asked further, before pausing.

"Let me rephrase." he quickly said.

"Where do you originate from? Where were you born? And what is your species name?" he asked her further.

"I need to know, so you can be afforded the proper rights and protections that you are legally entitled to." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 03:42:11 )

"Rights and protections? Oh please." Violet said, a bit of disdain and venom to her voice.

"Sektris." She then told him after a few seconds.

"We have no rights or protections no matter where I've been."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:03:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was not impressed with her tone that indicated that he was lying to her about that, and Emerald buried his face in his hands for a moment, having NO idea how to try and dissolve this.

"I meant what I said." Hal responded.

"And is Sektris your species name." he then said.

"I see." he went on, before looking at her again.

"Hmmmm." he mumbled.

"I wonder if we have an equivalent race HERE..." he mused, making a mental note to re-ask her about her home world.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:06:26 )

"Nevermind all that. More concerning is this: What the hell caused my pendant to crack?" Violet asked.

"The glamour I got was strong enough to go through the black hole. WHAT the hell overpowered THAT?" She asked before looking to her brother and taking the chain, and pendant, off.

"I am not leaving this room so long as I look like this... any chance you can find some way to fix that, or run it somewhere if there IS any way to save that?" She asked, her voice almost terrified, but at the same time not. It was bubbling beneath the surface, but that was it.

She knew she was safe, but still didn't want to test it.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:28:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Emerald accepted the pendant and nodded, but before he could properly say anything, they heard a knock on Hal's door.

"Excuse me?" Ciroc's voice said from the other side of it.

"May I come in?" he asked.

"...very well." Hal responded with a small sigh.

With that, the door opened and Ciroc stepped in, freezing when he saw Violet.

"Goodness!" he exclaimed.

"A Sektris? Here?" he asked.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:32:01 )

Violet was silent before looking over toward Ciroc. she took in his eye, his hair, before just growling lightly.

".... That... that explains everything. Literally everything. There's only ONE being in all of creation in any dimension that isn't a deity that could break that glamour of mine." She started.

"Do you want the likely expected royal greeting or no?" She then asked, seeming to know that he wasn't one that was too fond of it, but that was because he was living on the run, in hiding. The history books were rather clear on that.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:52:19 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"...no." Ciroc responded.

"I'm not royalty." he said.

"What?" Emerald asked. "But you're-" he started to say, before Ciroc interrupted.

"-a nomad." he finished. "Just a nomad. One that even if they were royalty, doesn't mat-" he started to say, before growling.

"There's no point in hiding it NOW." he reasoned.

"But I'm not royalty here. My status back in Adaminia means nothing here." he told them.

"So." Hal said to Violet. "You hail from Adaminia natively, do you?" he asked her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 04:56:30 )

"You really think something like is natural on a planet where magic was eradicated?" Violet asked.

"During the ... event that wiped us off of the world, my parents sent be to the sister world." She admitted.

"As far as I'm aware, I'm literally the last."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:17:24 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ciroc just sighed.

"It was Vyran's doing." he said.

"Her race was... they were essentially collateral damage in his bid for ultimate power." he lamented.

"...I see." Hal commented quietly.

Emerald was silent, before looking at the pendant.

"I'll... I'll try and get this repaired." he said.

"I apologise for causing it to be destroyed like that." Ciroc apologised to her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:23:28 )

Violet didn't say anything for a moment, before sighing - heavily.

"Reasonably certain that neither of us had any idea that it would happen." was all she said.

"Would you like a lift home, to avoid being seen?" Hollie asked after a moment or two.

"I..." Violet started before sighing.

"I can't... mana doesn't agree with this mana resistant body... existence, really."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:44:55 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I'll have R&D work on fixing that. Now." Hal told her.

"I'll help." Emerald said.

"I DO know how it works." he admitted.

"...and I should probably go." Ciroc stated. "Odds are my presence outside my dorm is causing some chaos again." he sighed.

"What did you wish to speak to me about?" Hal asked.

"I was merely wondering about a meal schedule." Ciroc responded. "I am feeling rather hungry, and a lot of people are scared to come near me." he sighed.

"..." Hal was silent, before sighing as well.

"I will see to it that you can call for food whenever you want, and arrange for someone to bring it to you." Hal told him.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 05:47:31 )

Violet just sighed, heavily.

"I can do it. I have no mana. So long as I have a glamour that will actually stand up to his presence, I can easily do that." She offered.

"I'm usually in the building lately anyway, due to trying to get that damned system working agian."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:08:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"We'll work on that." Hal responded.

"For now, I think agent Callimachi might work." he continued, and Hollie would understand his reasoning.

"...hm." he then mumbled, looking at Violet, as Emerald excused himself, and left the room, with Ciroc following.

"I just realised something." Hal commented.

"You bear a striking resemblance to my head of security, Jake." he told Violet.

"Perhaps your species is extremely similar to HIS." he suggested.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:11:38 )

Violet was silent for a moment.

"... maybe?" She asked, knowing that he didn't know the answer to that, but also knowing that it was something that she couldn't entirely deny, either.

"I mean, Jake and I are good friends, so... maybe it has something to do with it? I ... have no idea."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:30:28 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"I wouldn't be surprised." Hal responded.

"But you bear striking similarities to him." he told her.

"It's interesting to ponder." he went on, before just shaking his head.

"Regardless." he said. "I meant what I said. You DO have rights and protections. And they're extremely similar to... well... the rights that everyone ELSE has." he told her further.

"If anything, you'll be granted a few extra ones. Just ask Jake about them." he went on, thinking about it.

"Though if you want what you are to remain hidden, I COULD classify you as a Ramaarin, to hide your interplanar history." he offered. "Ramaarin being what Jake is." he clarified.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:34:44 )

There was definite hesitation to Violet, but he could also see the concession there.

"I... doubt people would even believe if I said anything else anyway." She commented with a sigh.

"Most likely, they'd say I was a snowflake, trying to be something different than what I am, and they would claim I was nothing more than what you said." She sighed, heavily.

"So... yeah... just... yeah."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:55:34 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Hal was silent again for a moment, before shaking his head.

"I'd like to say you're wrong, but... this social climate is toxic." he admitted.

"Anyway..." he then said, typing some things into his computer, and then looking at her.

"You'll be getting a visit from a friend of mine. Sydney Sherwood. I believe you already know of her." he informed her. "Head of the Triad and such." he went on. "She'll just be wanting a formal meeting, and she'll explain your rights and such." he went on, before looking at Hollie.

"And, obviously, she's no longer under the Council's jurisdiction." he commented.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/9 06:57:54 )

"... obviously." Hollie commented.

"There was debate about that anyway, since the part aren't mages." She added.

"... Can't argue that." Violet commented.

"And yes. I know Sydney. She was there when we first... uhh... arrived."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.