Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Colliding Destinies

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 05:30:19 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Ciroc looked at the woman, and sighed quietly, smiling slightly.

"Most?" he asked.

"Probably the small of my back, and my right calf." he told her.

"They're where I feel the most pain and discomfort." he reasoned.

"Also, hello Angela." he responded.

"I am Ciroc Icesska." he introduced himself in response.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 05:52:51 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Let me see, I'll do what I can." Angela said with a nod.

---

It took a few hours before he was in a good enough state for Angela to say he can be left to rest.

A few days later, Kiah brought a small box in, a box that had some serums for testing purposes on a few who had agreed to be the subjects. They had also the agreement that it would be done int he medwing, in case anything went wrong, as the side effects were pretty severe this time potentially.

"Hey! Nate!" She called out, wondering where the boy was. "You around?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 06:12:41 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a few seconds of her calling out, the man in question appeared down the hall, and quickly made his way over.

"Hello." he greeted her.

"...oh! Those the serums?" he asked.

"Yup." she responded.

"Ah, excellent." Nate replied, accepting the box.

"You going to be sticking around for some of the tests?" he asked her.

"Ty's here right now, and he DID agree to test some." he reasoned.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 06:14:42 )

Kiah nodded.

"Yep." She said. "I've got the time, Ilias has the lab, not much is going on." She told him.

"So I'm completely free for this for the moment, if you'd like me to hang around. I would like to, for the sake of some notes though." She added.

"Unless there's a reason I can't, of course."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 06:35:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Can't think of one." Nate responded with a light laugh.

"Oh, by the way, long shot, but do you know of anyone named Ciroc Icesska? Or anyone with a name vaguely similar to that?" he asked her.

"...no. Not at all." Kiah responded.

"Figured as much." Nate sighed.

"He's our mystery man that Angela's been caring for." he told her. "His name hasn't shown up in ANY database at all." he went on.

"And he says he's from a place called Adaminia. If you've ever heard of THERE." he added at the end.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 06:37:29 )

"I... have no idea." Kiah commented with a light sigh.

"Try the aliens. They've traveled, maybe they'll know?" She asked.

"I'll also ask Vince and Ki, see if either of them know anything about the world in question." She added. "If that helps...?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 06:55:11 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"It'll be more than we know NOW." Nate sighed.

"Seriously, we can't find ANYTHING on him." he told her, shaking his head slightly.

"But anyway-" he then started to say further, before a door opened down the hall, behind them. And Ciroc stepped out.

He'd been feeling much better, and wanted to stretch his legs a little. He also wanted to see what kind of world this was. Where it was he had been taken. He admittedly didn't consider that when he did it, it was more an act of instinct.

So he wanted to see what this medical wing was like.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 06:57:02 )

It was almost instant. As soon as he was outside of that room, out of the mana dampening walls, Kiah froze.

".... I.." She started before meeting Nate's gaze. She couldn't get anything else out, and it was easy for Nathan to see why.

Her rune was crawling across her skin, and the floor.

The box she had her in hands dropped, as she let out a cry of shock, surprise, and pain.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 07:20:53 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate didn't get a chance to say anything, before he saw it.

The runes crawling across her skin and the floor. And her life force. He saw DEEP into it. He saw what her mana was hiding, deep within the creases and recesses of it. It was like he saw the history of the Fyrane mana, itself.

And it was overwhelming.

He was about to let out a yell, when he was silenced by the rune reaching him, and he felt his soul start to lose its connection to his body.

Ciroc looked over and saw this, concern in his eyes.

"Oh dear!" he exclaimed.

"Something's happening, here!" he called into the medical wing.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 07:32:53 )

Kiah sank to her hands and knees, trying to contain the rune, keep it from spreading across the floor. She was able to, somehow, and contain it to the immediate two or three feet around her, and her skin.

Kiah, barely, managed to get her hand to her wrist, pressing on a bead on a bracelet.

"AJ... help.." She said quietly afterwards, knowing that there was the connection established.

"... Please..." She could barely get her words out, however. She knew she needed help, and her cousin was the only one she was sure COULD help."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 08:05:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

No more than a few seconds later, Ash appeared in a black firey blaze, and was immediately almost overwhelmed by what he felt. In SO many ways.

"Holy shit!" he exclaimed.

His rune then emerged from his body, overtaking and 'suffocating' Kiah's, forcing it back.

With unnerving ease.

"...what the hell..." he mumbled.

"This... why the hell do I feel so strong?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 08:07:06 )

He wasn't able to silence her rune completely, there was still an echo of it in her gaze, but it was easily controllable by her for the moment. If anything, it was a testament to the strength of it.

"Thank you... so... so much." Kiah said as she got to her feet again, checking the box as she did so.

"And... I don't know." She answered before looking to Nate.

"Hey, Nathan? You ok?"

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 08:25:35 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nate was silent for another moment, before he let out a yelp, and fell to his knees, bringing his hands over his eyes.

"Ah!" he exclaimed.

"I see too much!" he said.

"I can't handle it!" he declared.

"Is keeping your eyes covered helping?" Ash asked.

"Yes." Nate replied. "It's the only thing that DOES help." he commented further.

"What the hell caused this, Kiah?" Ash then asked his cousin.

"You know?"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 08:30:17 )

"Beats the fuck out of me." Kiah answered as she lowered herself to Nate's level before unwrapping the stip she'd taken to keeping around her lower arm.

"Here." She said, lightly grabbing one of his hands, and placing the material in it.

"Use this." She said simply. She'd taken to wearing it with Hazel, as sometimes she didn't have. Seemed it was proving useful here, as well."[/b]

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 08:46:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Nathan accepted it and wrapped it around his eyes, sighing in relief afterwards.

"That was... intense." he said.

"And sudden. It came out of nowhere." he went on.

"Hmm." Ash mumbled, as Ciroc watched all this happen.

"Excuse me, are you all right?" he asked them as he stepped forward.

And Kiah and Ash felt their mana getting even stronger than before, somehow.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 08:51:59 )

Kiah paused, looking to her hands, before looking over to Ciroc.

"It... it's you." She said as she got to her feet.

"Has to be..." She added before shaking her head.

"Hi. Kiah Remmington. We're all right,I think? I know I'm overall ok, and Nate will be all right. I think he just needs to take a break." She then said, her voice a bit pointed, almost as if she was ordering him to take a break.

"You are?" She then asked, her voice curious, but respectful and kind.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 09:01:15 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Ciroc looked confused for a moment.

"Oh, I am Ciroc." he said. "Ciroc Icesska." he introduced himself.

"...you give off the same aura as a damn nexus." Ash told him.

"A nexus?" Ciroc asked.

"A natural phenomenon that amplifies mana." Nate responded. "Or... magic, I think as you refer to it." he added.

Ciroc was silent for a moment, before his eyes widened.

"Oh, goodness! My apologies!" he quickly and sincerely apologised.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 11:10:37 )

"It's all right, now that we know." Kiah assured him.

"That was just way too sudden to deal with for the moemnt." She added with a light shake of her head.

"All good. Seriously."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 22:36:58 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

"Well, all right then..." Ciroc responded, still a little unconvinced, but it seemed like things were more under control, so that was enough for him. For now, anyway.

Ash, however, raised an eyebrow.

"Wait." he said. "Wait, you don't have nexuses back where you come from?" he asked him.

"No." Ciroc responded. "Well... sometimes they appear, but we call them 'Schisms', and whenever one is found, it'd dealt with and fixed immediately." he told him further.

"Huh? 'Fixed'?" Ash asked. "You make them sound like they're a bad thing." he said.

"They are." Ciroc replied. "Magic, while it flows readily and abundantly in my world, still sits on a precarious balance." he said. "Such a place would cause an imbalance in the overall structure of it, and that area would become quite unstable, perhaps even uninhabitable, depending on what elements are being bolstered." he explained further. "So we deal with it however necessary, before it can become a real problem." he finished.

"...never thought of it quite like THAT way..." Ash admitted. "A nexus here is essentially a rift in the world that actually allows our mana to flow." he told him. "...and boosts whomever happens to be near it." he then added.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/7 22:40:27 )

Kiah was silent for a moment before looking to Ciroc, her expression quizzical.

".... All right.. I'm going to guess that magic as you call it and have, ks NOT as nice and useful as it is here." She commented before just causing a fireball in her hand without any effort.

"And that this," the ball froze over before Ciroc could see the electricity within. " shift isn't something doable there."

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.