Already a Voltie? Sign in!

Escape to Voltra!

Join for free

Forums Role Playing Boiling Seas

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 07:08:00 )
One.. by... one.
They only fall... a-part.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym looked VERY concerned when she said that.

"I... okay...?" he said.

He then looked at Sara, before looking back to Callie.

"..." he was silent, shaking his head slightly.

"I don't like this." he said. "The fact that something that is 'weird' is going on, and that you're now ordering us to stay in here and not leave." he went on, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"But I'll do it." he told her.

"If nothing else, to protect her." he finished, referring to Sara.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 07:10:52 )

| ᴘʟᴇᴀꜱᴇ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ꜱᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ᴘɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ!
"Just do that, and I'm sure things will be all right." Callie assured him as she slung what she had over her torso, affixing them properly.

"Also, keep an ear out. It's eerie quiet out there, and I don't know why." She added.

"Anyway, I gotta get back up there." Was the last thing she said before giving them both a hug, and leaving them be.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 07:30:51 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym watched her go, before looking at Sara.

He made his way to the window and looked out it, looking up as best he could.

"...quiet..." he said.

"...no birds in the sky, either..." he went on.

"What is happening...?" he wondered further, before going back to Sara.

"I'll protect you, I promise."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 07:40:30 )

Sara was silent for a moment before nodding. She knew he would. They hadn't known each other for long, not yet, but she did know that, if only just because of what he'd done when they had first met.

Plus, the fact that they were similar, hunted. She honestly believed she could trust him.

"I ... I know." She said, her voice quiet. She wanted to know what it was that Callie had meant by all she'd said, but she didn't know how to ask that, not in the language he knew... and she realised that he didn't even kno anyway, so asking would be pointless.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 08:00:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Adym just bit his lower lip and looked towards the door.

'Stay safe, Callie...' he thought.

Meanwhile, the shadows were getting closer, and they were definitely draconic in form.

"...damn it." Karivyn cursed.

"Dragons?" Kai asked.

"We wouldn't be in trouble, then." Karivyn responded. "No, these mean trouble, I'm sure of it."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 08:48:50 )

Sadly, Callie wasn't quick to get up there. More and more, there were people in the way. She couldn't climb up the side as she'd climbed down, sadly, which meant she had to get through the crowd.

And that was not something tha twas easy to do, at all.

"Damit!" She exclaimed as she found herself stuck in the middle of it all. She'd managed to get in, a bit, but not fully.

And then the ship shook as there was a cry from what was above and approaching.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 09:04:42 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Kai clamped his hands over his ears when he heard that.

"Agh!" he yelled.

"EVERYONE! RUN!" he yelled to the crowd.

"NOW!" he screamed.

But nothing.

"...what in the world is...?" he started to ask, before one of the flying creatures yelled out.

"THE GIRL!" they commanded. "GIVE US THE GIRL!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 09:13:25 )

"Not like we can answedr them." Callie growled under her breath as she got back to her feet, as the shaking had caused her to lose her footing.

"Dammit... I'm not so sure that anyone can do anything abou them..." She then added, knowing that no one around would be able to actually respond - she wasn't convinced the crowd was entirely real.

For now, she just kept trying to get to where she'd left Kai and Karivyn, that was the best thing she could do.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 09:34:16 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

After a minute or two, one of the shadows came closer, revealing itself to be a black drake with red eyes, and dark purple membrane across its wings. It flapped in place, keeping its position, and glared at the centaur.

"...you!" it declared, its voice vaguely female.

"You have the girl." it said to Karivyn.

"Release her to OUR custody... and we will leave." it said further.

"Even if I believed that, I wouldn't do it!" Karivyn responded. "I swore I would protect her, or die trying!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 11:04:16 )

Callie was too far back to hear the exchange properly, but it wasn't hard for her to guess.

She was certain that there had been a rejection of the offer.

I doubt he'd give her up... she thought as she fought through the crowd that was there. It was after about three minutes, after one of the drakes slammed into the bow of the ship, that Callie froze.

She knew how to save the child. And she'd risk it.

She tore the beret off and stood up tall.

"YO!" She called out, her voice projecting better than one might have expected from her.

"HEY! YOU REPITILIAN ASSWIPES!" She called out.

"I KNOW OF A BETTER PRIZE!" She didn't know if anyone would come to her defence, and she really didn't want to be going with them, but honestly... she could defend herself better than a child could.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 22:30:03 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

One of the drakes looked over as Callie made her exclamation... and its eyes widened.

"Look...! Look, look, look!" they said to the one that had spoken first, the 'leader' of the group.

"Is that...?" they started to ask, trailing off a little.

"I know we were told to grab the child, but... surely the other one is a better prize, yes?" they asked. "She is one that the Master has been desperate to get his hands on." they reasoned further.

Meanwhile, Kai had paled when he heard Callie yell out.

"No!" he yelled. "No, no, damn it, NO!" he shouted, as he desperately searched his mind for a way to get to Callie so he could try and properly help defend her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:11:30 )

Callie took a second to cmpose herself before just dropping down into the crowd. Sure, she didn't wantto be crawling around, but if the crowd was there, it would at least offer some protection, she was sure. She just wanted to get over to where Kai and Karivyn were, as she thought they could help her not be grabbed. A lot with that, if all else failed, she intended to dive into the water, with Kai, but... she didn't actually know.

She hoped that would work.

She really hoped that would work.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:48:18 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The drake that was in charge just laughed as it scanned around.

"How cute." it said.

"Trying to hide in cover that isn't really there." it said further, before starting to descend closer down to the boat.

"Come now, princess." it hissed.

"Hiding and crawling around REALLY doesn't suit you." it taunted her further.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/4 23:50:30 )

Callie was silent.

"No really here, huh?" She asked as she just got to her feet.

"I had my suspicions." She admitted as she looked around.

"So cut the illusion, will you?" She asked

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:20:54 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

The drake laughed out loud, before Callie, Kai, and Karivyn saw the sheer amount of people around them start to fade and become translucent... before they disappeared entirely.

"Your kinds are so easy to deceive." the lead drake said.

"Where are the people!?" Kai demanded.

"I tricked them into thinking it was night-time. So they're all in their rooms. And they'll stay there if they know what's good for them." was the response given.

"While we are not so barbaric as to attack others unprovoked... we will not hesitate to consider them collateral damage, if need be."

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:30:41 )

Callie made her way over to Kai and Karivyn without hesitation.

"Kai, I know your skillset." She started, her voice quiet to prevent those that were there overhearing as she unshouldered the bow and quiver.

"How do you feel about going for a swim with me?" She asked before looking to Karivyn.

"She's safe last I saw." She assured the centaur as she handed him the bow and quiver.

"And she's not alone."

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:48:01 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Karivyn accepted his weapons, and sighed quietly.

"Good." he replied.

Kai just smirked when Callie asked her question.

"Heh, you know I'm always up for that." he told her.

"No more delays!" the drake then yelled, as more came closer.

"Either the princess of the girl! One or the other, or we start destroying the vessel!"

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 00:57:02 )

"Inn at Kreeya." Callie told Karivyn quietly.

"Meet me there." She then said "And please. For the love of everything, make sure that Adym knows I will be there." She added before climbing over the railing.

"I'll see you later. Kai, you better follow. You know I can't swim that far myself." With that she looked up to the drakes.

"You want me? Come get me!" She called out to them, before diving down into the water below.

Voltie — The Dude Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 01:18:13 )
One.. by... one.
Can it be.. undone?

Karivyn watched as Callie jumped from where she was, landing in the water with a splash, as the drakes looked on with immediate surprise.

"What is that fool girl doing!?" one asked.

While they were distracted, Kai looked at Karivyn and winked.

"Later." he said.

He then dove off the ship, landing without even a single ripple, which was as impressive as it was eerie.

"..." Karivyn was silent, before he readied his bow and an arrow, ready to shoot down any that dared attack.

Kai was under the water, and looked to see Callie there as well, following under her, to keep her level if she started to sink, as most of the drakes started to follow her.

Why can't I just be
The one
For once!?
"There is no shame in deterrence. Having a weapon is very different from actually using it." - Ghandi

Donator — Female Posted 3 years ago ( 2021/02/5 01:23:15 )

They obviously don't know that Kai is a crux as well. Callie thought as she surfaced and looked up to see them following her.

And he can stay underwater near indefinitely. she added before sighing. This is going to be a pain. At least I can't freeze. Cold has never been a issue. As she was thinking all that, she started to swim off, knowing that she wasn't the strongest swimmer, but was at least strong enough to be able to move a decent distance. The problem was, she was good for short bursts, not long distance.

As the ship continued on, leaving her and Kai behind, she continued to move away from it. Her intention? To get the drakes to follow her, and then probably dive under the water, and lose them. Assuming enough distance could be put in.

My Youtube. I upload Tuesdays

Ping me. always
ALWAYS looking for art of my Characters
If you do art, PM me

You must be logged in to post

Login now to reply
Don't have an account? Sign up for free!
Having you as a Voltie would be awesome.